Modern Warfare 3 Vs Battlefield 3?

2»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Dont know either of these games, but I am waiting for Diablo 3 like a 6 year old waits for Christmas.

Diable 2 is in my top 10 games of all time. I do worry that it may be a let down as it has been so long in development!

I live in hope though, so many days speny on the secret cow level grinding my way to 99! Ohhh good times
    Just discovered Dungeon Seige III which has reminded me of a modern Diablo 2. Great fun and slightly tounge in cheek with it.

Back on subject, I'll wait for the hubrah to die down and then get both. Possibly.

You Xbox, or PS3?
  • When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. H.G. Wells
  • Dont know either of these games, but I am waiting for Diablo 3 like a 6 year old waits for Christmas.

Diable 2 is in my top 10 games of all time. I do worry that it may be a let down as it has been so long in development!

I live in hope though, so many days speny on the secret cow level grinding my way to 99! Ohhh good times

Getting closer as the Diablo 3 beta is out (Yaay) but its invite only (boo) lots of stuff on YouTube.
  • I'm getting both but I'm expecting BF3 to be infinitely better then MW2.5. How anyone can think otherwise is beyond my comprehension TBH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8S_eEv_ ... ure=relmfu = Mind blown!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkgdNMSY7bQ = Remends me of another game. Oh yeah, MW2!!

In spite of this MW2.5 will sell better because it's more accessible and less skilful.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    I shall be getting both. All my friends and housemates play MW so I will get that so I can play with them, but I much prefer the game play in BF so will be buying that as well.

But it is FIFA time soon :wink:
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    MW3........... mainly because most of my mates play it and there's a lot of competition between us, but I might try out BF3.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Was a big fan of black ops and had been playing a lot over the last 6 months (I was a late adopter, plus, it was my first ever online FPS) but a week ago I saw BBC2 for cheap in Tesco and decided to have a do.
    At first it was slow and hard to get into. A week later I'm hooked.
    Today I had a go back on Black Ops for the first time since getting BBC2. Eurgh. It felt basic and crude! I've always had lag issues with COD but none with BBC2 although I've had a couple of issues with disappearing stats...
  • BF3 all the way if BFBC2 is anything to go by, had a few plays on MW & didn't do any thing for me.

Only thing I don't like about both is the over zealous admins & the immature rants of bad losers.
  • rick_chasey
    jonni3 wrote:

Only thing I don't like about both is the over zealous admins & the immature rants of bad losers.

You don't enjoy those?
  • jonni3 wrote:

You don't enjoy those?

They are the best bits!!
  • GoldenBear wrote:
    Was a big fan of black ops and had been playing a lot over the last 6 months (I was a late adopter, plus, it was my first ever online FPS) but a week ago I saw BBC2 for cheap in Tesco and decided to have a do.
    At first it was slow and hard to get into. A week later I'm hooked.
    Today I had a go back on Black Ops for the first time since getting BBC2. Eurgh. It felt basic and crude! I've always had lag issues with COD but none with BBC2 although I've had a couple of issues with disappearing stats...
    Black Ops for me was a step backwards in terms of look/feel - Infinity Ward developed MW2, but it was Treyarch that developed Black Ops. It was more like the previous World at War game which I wasn't all that fond of. And when you look at Treyarch's back catalogue it's a bit of a horror show......

I'm hoping that with Infinity Ward in charge of MW3 we'll get back to the quality of MW2. I've played a bit of BFBC2 and whilst I like the deformable environments, the graphics are a bit clunky. Having said that the storylines in the MW series are starting to blur a bit, so I'll probably get both BFBC3 and MW3 - just to make sure...... :wink:

One thing that does seriously hack me off about MW3 though is the number of cheating gits in online mode. I'm not the greatest of gamers (cough, blame slowing reflexes with advancing years) but some of the twunks out there make it impossible to have a reasonable 'casual' game sometimes... is BFBC2 as rife with hackers as MW3? Never played multiplayer. /rant

Looking forward to Gears 3, out tomorrow. Oh and Space marines looks a hoot - son is playing it just now, so no chance of getting hands on for a while.... :(
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • rick_chasey

One thing that does seriously hack me off about MW3 though is the number of cheating gits in online mode. I'm not the greatest of gamers (cough, blame slowing reflexes with advancing years) but some of the twunks out there make it impossible to have a reasonable 'casual' game sometimes... is BFBC2 as rife with hackers as MW3? Never played multiplayer. /rant
    (

It's not even the cheaters. If you are a casual gamer it's very tough because CoD rewards killstreaks with more killing ability, which makes it EVEN HARDER for casual gamers to compete against the hardcore lot.

There's something to be said for algorithms which match you with people of a similar ability in random games.

• One thing that does seriously hack me off about MW3 though is the number of cheating gits in online mode. I'm not the greatest of gamers (cough, blame slowing reflexes with advancing years) but some of the twunks out there make it impossible to have a reasonable 'casual' game sometimes... is BFBC2 as rife with hackers as MW3? Never played multiplayer. /rant
    (

It's not even the cheaters. If you are a casual gamer it's very tough because CoD rewards killstreaks with more killing ability, which makes it EVEN HARDER for casual gamers to compete against the hardcore lot.

There's something to be said for algorithms which match you with people of a similar ability in random games.
    That's true - yet in saying that how often do you see 'matched' games end up with 4 or more from one clan, or indeed all the high scorers from the previous game on one side.

Sigh

I guess I'll just have to get used to the idea that I'm cr@p at CoD..... :roll:

Sometimes if me and my two teenage boys are taking turns I wonder what other players must think when our shared gamertag jumps from 3-15 to 23-4 in one game :D

Mind you, there are times when even my "expert" offspring are baffled by some of the -ahem - 'game physics' - like guys who get a tactical nuke a few minutes into the game, or when you empty a clip into someone's back and they calmly turn round and knife you. back to crochet for me, I think.......
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • To be fair I've gone from 3-20 to 20-3 in one game of CoD before now...
    There's nothing more disheartening than some mega expert getting Attack Dog kill streaks time and time again...
  • MW3 for me.

BF is OK I guess but I prefer the simplistic MW/CoD games. I just want to be able to switch my xbox on, shoot everything in sight for an hour and switch it off.

Games seem to go on for ever on BC2 and I can't stand the lower frame rate that makes it feel as though you are playing in treacle.

Plus BF players I know take things far to seriously. Get in a tank/helicopter that somebody else wants and wait for the abuse.
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid