Modern Warfare 3 Vs Battlefield 3?

Squillinossett
Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
edited September 2011 in The bottom bracket
So, just out of interest, want to know who from the bike radar group will be getting these, if so which one and why!

Just been having a debate over which is the better one, so need all your help to settle it!

I say BF3, he says MW3

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    *Super boring alert*

It depends what you like!
  • *Super boring alert*

It depends what you like!

Both worth a look at surely? MW3 since it's difficult to ignore it. And BF3 because BF2 was also very good.
  • Well I have been with BF series since BF1942, and played everyone since. I just find them less "spray and pray" than MW's, but they are still fun, just not a skilled I find.
  • rick_chasey
    CoD reminds me of my heyday as a gamer where I would absolutely rinse everyone online on Medal of Honour allied Assault (the one with the private ryan mission), and, later, the original call of duty, so I enjoy them for that (though I still hate the killstreaks and am rubbish on an Xbox. Since when did online games reward people mid-game for already winning with free kills?)

From the little I've played of the BF series, it just looks much better game, though much less polished.
  • CoD reminds me of my heyday as a gamer where I would absolutely rinse everyone online on Medal of Honour allied Assault (the one with the private ryan mission), and the original call of duty, so I enjoy them for that.

From the little I've played of the BF series, it just looks much better game, though much less polished.

Graphicly BF are always miles ahead of MW, especially with the destructible terrain/buildings!

Though I agree, MW feels more like counter strike / MoH
  • FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 962
    MW3. Will be playing Kill Confirmed or Domination. Add me ..... RIP Il Pirata
    Powered by Haribo.
  • rick_chasey
    [

Though I agree, MW feels more like counter strike / MoH

Call of Duty originally came out after a split in the team that made MoH allied Assault - the good guys went to CoD.

Hence the new MoH games immediately after CoD came out were rubbish.

So it's no surprise CoD is like MoHAA.

I got to CS late and found it impenetrably difficult to get a foothold. It was like jumping straight into 2nd Cat racing. Just not going to happen without A LOT of pain for a long time.
  • BF3 for me

Since i started playing bad company 2 i just cant get into the call of duty games anymore - any shooter without destructive environments just feels far too limited.

Not to mention is the tanks, helicopters, planes and all that stuff, should be great!
  • BF for me, been playing COD games since day one and they have not changed the formula since Modern Warfare was released, starting to get a bit old now.
  • Both.
  • I'm going for BF3. The MW series is just a copy and paste job these days with storylines changed.
  • FCE2007
    Roobsa wrote:
    I'm going for BF3. The MW series is just a copy and paste job these days with storylines changed.

No-one actually plays the game anymore. Straight online for multiplayer 8)
    Powered by Haribo.
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    When I got a PS3 the first game I got was Black Ops, but I couldn't get into the multiplayer. I just didn't like the run-and-gun, twitch shooting of it.

Got BC2 after and I love it, still play it a lot. As said before it's the variety it offers that makes it so impressive. The scale of the maps, vehicles, destructible environments and the diversity of the character classes make every game unique and is very addictive!

BF3 looks amazing, I just hope it isn't dumbed down too much for us PS3 players!
  • FCE2007
    Homefront? Massive :roll: or is it just me?
    Powered by Haribo.
  • Ahh see I have never owned or used a console, PC all the way for me! So I dont know how each one plays on them. I do see MW more of a console game, with the last two feeling like direct ports.
  • I wil be getting both. I like playing both types fo games, the run and gun action of MW, and the slightly more cerebral action of BF
  • BF1942 was class, esp the El Alamein map with the B52. Happy times. BF:V was ok because of the Creedence soundtrack and the Vespa. Never bothered with BF2 though - too buggy at release and the modern setting is just meh.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    MW3 for me. I would like to try the BF stuff but I get lazy and end up playing what I know best. Still playing MW2 on multiplayer as I can't get on with Black Ops.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    CoD has been so poor I've not bothered buying any of them since CoD2 back in around 2005.

Battlefield is far superior.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • if you havent played one since CoD2 then i think you should give MW1 a go, its been the best of the lot.
  • last COD was a bag of monkey wa*k so BF3, although BF2 was too linear for me. And the squad did far too much
    Focus Cayo Pro
    Cotic Soul custom
    Merida Cross 4
    Planet X Dirty Disco custom cyclocross
    Tern D8 clown bike
  • rick_chasey
    I just remembered, I used to play BF Vietnam.

Was largely disappointing.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    B3rnieMac wrote:
    if you havent played one since CoD2 then i think you should give MW1 a go, its been the best of the lot.

I didn't say "play" I said "buy". I've played them all and they are awful.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • I still play Counterstrike for my gaming fix, tried BF2 but didn't really get into it and I can't be bothered with upgrading my pc for anything else at the moment. Consoles? pfft. (Although I still have an N64 and Goldeneye tucked away somewhere!)
  • B3rnieMac wrote:
    if you havent played one since CoD2 then i think you should give MW1 a go, its been the best of the lot.

I didn't say "play" I said "buy". I've played them all and they are awful.

*pulls handbag out*

OoooooooooooooooooooooooooooOoooo!!!!

:lol:
    I still play Counterstrike for my gaming fix, tried BF2 but didn't really get into it and I can't be bothered with upgrading my pc for anything else at the moment. Consoles? pfft. (Although I still have an N64 and Goldeneye tucked away somewhere!)

I've been really tempted to get back into counterstrike, it was epic. First game I ever played online did around 14 hours straight in first session. Didn't seem to need the sleep back then :?
  • Dont know either of these games, but I am waiting for Diablo 3 like a 6 year old waits for Christmas.
  • Dont know either of these games, but I am waiting for Diablo 3 like a 6 year old waits for Christmas.

Diable 2 is in my top 10 games of all time. I do worry that it may be a let down as it has been so long in development!

I live in hope though, so many days speny on the secret cow level grinding my way to 99! Ohhh good times
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    Skyrim is the other game I'm really looking forward to at the moment.

I love open-world games like Red Dead, but with Skyrim you get to shout at dragons! 8)
  • Cubic wrote:
    Skyrim is the other game I'm really looking forward to at the moment.

I love open-world games like Red Dead, but with Skyrim you get to shout at dragons! 8)

I watched the released Skyrim gameplay footage on Youtube and I was very impressed. I think it comes out virtually the same time as MW3 so might have to get BF3 and Skyrim.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Dont know either of these games, but I am waiting for Diablo 3 like a 6 year old waits for Christmas.

Diable 2 is in my top 10 games of all time. I do worry that it may be a let down as it has been so long in development!

I live in hope though, so many days speny on the secret cow level grinding my way to 99! Ohhh good times
    Just discovered Dungeon Seige III which has reminded me of a modern Diablo 2. Great fun and slightly tounge in cheek with it.

Back on subject, I'll wait for the hubrah to die down and then get both. Possibly.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.