TOB Stage 4 **Spoiler**

pat1cp
pat1cp Posts: 766
edited September 2011 in Pro race
Fancy 'G' will be up for it today, Cav has tweeted as much.

Starts in my home town too, any pictures appreciated.

Comments

• I am going up to the mountain to watch it, then back to the finish so hope to have some photos.
    Think the mountain may make it a small bunch finish and the last 4 miles will be very very fast I think G may do this one. He will have climbed Caerphilly mountain many times in his youth :D
  • pat1cp
    There's a break up the road according to the tracking thingamy, not sure who's in it, the twitter feed is knackered I think.
  • pat1cp
    Ghyllebert (SKT) Bauer (EDR) House (RCS) and Fenn (SKT) have a lead of 4 mins.
  • pat1cp
    Sky and Rabo on the front, lead back down to 4 mins from 5, 30.
  • pat1cp
    20KM to go, lead down to 1m20s
  • Hushovd wins, Boom finished in the front group I believe.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Great win for Hushovd, Boom still in yellow.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,408
    Stage Result 1) Hushovd 2) Boom 3) Benedetti 4) Bibby 5) Van Poppel 6) Barta 7) Neirynck 8) Koenig 9) Camano 10) Gerdemann all same time

From ToB Twitter
  • GC: 1) Boom 2) Thomas @ 12" 3) Van Poppel @ 14" 4) Bibby @ 19" 5) Gerdemann @ 19" 6) Lloyd @ 19" 7) Cummings @ 19" 8) Lindemann @ 19"

(ToB Twitter)
  • Bibby is mixing it with the big boys again, how long till he signs with a pro conti or world tour team?
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Bibby is mixing it with the big boys again, how long till he signs with a pro conti or world tour team?

As much as I find him annoying (he can suck a wheel like a good un!) he definitely deserves a shot in at least Pro Conti ranks-he is a very good rider indeed. Can't see him fitting in at Sky....who knows though?!
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Sh*tty little race or not, Cavendish - Boom - Hushovd, not a bad series of stage winners
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    edited September 2011
    Well I cannot get on the podium but at least got a photo lol

tobpodium.jpg

I did not get down fast enough for finish due to convoy and people on road so just missed finish buit Thor road to where I was so I rode with him to podium :-)

thor.jpg
  • Oh dear whats happened with my images post?

Ah fixed two of them, poxy photobucket !!
    th_cummings.jpg
  • What's wrong with poor old Theo Bos, is he struggling in the second half of the season? Is he under-raced since not doing the Tour nor Vuelta? I can't see him figuring in the Worlds now...
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    What's wrong with poor old Theo Bos, is he struggling in the second half of the season? Is he under-raced since not doing the Tour nor Vuelta? I can't see him figuring in the Worlds now...

I can't see him figuring in the Worlds now or ever, unless he goes back to the track Worlds. He struggles in anything that's over 150 km or anything with a speed bump in it.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,201
    Watched on thr short climb just after Storey Arms whrn they were well behind schedule but only just made it to Caerphilly Mountain so they must have put the hammer down in the last 50km! Great crowds and Caerphilly Mountain did a good job of making a selection but still feel they would have had a better route if they'd gone over Pengenffordd and Llangynidr mountain as Storey Arms was just a gentle stroll in the bid ring for them. I'll be surprised if they use Caerphilly mountain again anytime soon though as some irresponsible spectators had parked on the road on double white lines while the road was still open towards Cardiff and caused havoc as buses were struggling to get through. cracking weather for it today and the scenery shoild mean the photographers have plenty for Frenchie to add to his collection.
  • is it just me or do they seem to have the finish line in really odd places on these stages.
  • Pross
    Yesterday was idd, today quite close to the bend but not too bad - no real boulevards is Caerphilly for a long straight sprint. Blackpool would have had a long straight finish. Tomorrow may also be if it finishes on the seafront.
  • Have to say the organisation was first class for this. I remmber the old milk race and others not so good and the debacle of the neutralised race when police did not allow racing couple of years agi.
    This was good and they even shut the main town and went up the one way system.
    I saw loads of cars lifted away by cranes in town :D
    Just saw Matt Rowe and Rhys Lloyd on the tv on the mountain top dressed up as father christmas supporting G bet that brough a smile to his face as he raced with them when in UK and grew up with them :D
    As I thought race split a bit on the climb but not enough to stop a small bunch sprint, not sure if they could do a mountain top finish up there but that would have made it more interesting on GC. It all came back together on the rapid descent.
    Why do ITV show long boring clips of no action in the race, and not so meaningful or entertaining sprints,as they let the sprint leader win so no sprint anyway, and then cut out most of the final climb, which did actually have some action on it.,
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    They probably show the intermediates sprints for sponsorship reasons, but I agree they're all pretty pointless and boring.
  • afx237vi wrote:
    They probably show the intermediates sprints for sponsorship reasons, but I agree they're all pretty pointless and boring.
    I was going to say pointless but thought too much of a pun there :D
  • Why do ITV show long boring clips of no action in the race, and not so meaningful or entertaining sprints,as they let the sprint leader win so no sprint anyway, and then cut out most of the final climb, which did actually have some action on it.,

The highlights style from the production company covering modern Tours of Britain has been this way for as long as I remember - I agree it becomes maddening when they give the same emphasis to the neutralised roll-out as to the last kilometre / race-breaking climb, etc!
  • bam49
    bam49 Posts: 159
    I was surprised to see that Geraint slipped backward on the Caerphilly climb, I thought he would have been right out front but he could not stay with Steve Cummings.. It was a shame they did not show more of that climb..
    great snaps of oldwelshman with the podium girls :D
  • Pross
    Anyone know much about Tiernan Locke? I know it's hard to tell from highlights but he looks a decent rider when the roads go up.
  • Awesome editing, turn right at the reservoir, end up in Mountain Ash. :D

Having done that climb I wanted to see all of it.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 962
    Pross wrote:
    Anyone know much about Tiernan Locke? I know it's hard to tell from highlights but he looks a decent rider when the roads go up.

Was thinking the same.
    Souplesse - he doesn't have though :lol: