commencal cover up ??

2»

Comments

• In the last 2 years, I've seen at work only one Commencal come in for a warranty replacement. A Meta 5.5, but this wasn't due to the common fault you'd associate with the brand but a misaligned swingarm. I've seen one Orange (an Alpine 160) go back for many faults including a cracked swingarm and I've seen 4 broken Lapierres out of maybe 100 we've sold.

The brand that we get the most warranties for is...... Specialized. yet you never here people complain about those. In fact, how many of you know about the recalled forks from Specialized?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I know of quite a few Spesh recalls - and never been impressed with the build of the wheels that use 15g PG spokes and alloy nipples. Spesh seem to be one of these brands that people love to love. Loads recommend the basic Hardock as a starter, but they are utter gash for the money. But it's a Spesh ;-)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Northwind wrote:
    Northwind, thing is, I've heard of very few broken Oranges, and they're as common as smelly shi*.
    Which suggests that they really are not particularly prone to breaking.
    Lappierre, or Comencals however, are much thinner on the ground, but there's a lot more first and second hand accounts of failures.

Zesty seems just as common as recent Fives to me... And I've seen and had first-hand knowledge of more broken Oranges than Lapierres. Again, just perceptions at work I think, we can only see a small snapshot ourselves so maybe my impression's wrong, who knows.
    Quite so. It's just the way I see it, which may or may not be different to how others see it, which may or may not be correct.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Well this is decisive!

Or maybe it isn't. What do you guys think?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • I have now had 2 super 4 frames snap on the swing arm, 2009 & 2010 models, the bikes are not fut for purpose, I am now having to fight with commencal as they want to send a black replacement swing arm to go on my white frame, I am not accepting the bike back, all ive asked them to do is at least have it sprayed white ! I won't ever buy a Commencal again, my other bikes are older and had no type of frame issues.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    21263d1305120619-necro-thread-necro.jpg
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    Well, I own a commencal hard tail... Even though ive upgraded alot of stuff on it, the frame and everything else lIves on and I'm really happy with it.. The stuff that has failed on it are things that were not commencal, ( chain rings, mech ) and stuff I have upgraded have also not been commencal..

The frame is a commencal premier frame...
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • I have now had 2 super 4 frames snap on the swing arm, 2009 & 2010 models, the bikes are not fut for purpose, I am now having to fight with commencal as they want to send a black replacement swing arm to go on my white frame, I am not accepting the bike back, all ive asked them to do is at least have it sprayed white ! I won't ever buy a Commencal again, my other bikes are older and had no type of frame issues.

Thank you for your rant.

Most warranties don't state replacement for a like-for-like part, especially if it is a few years old and may not be in exact production anymore, but for a "similar product". I'd be happy with the outcome.
  • stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    bails87 wrote:
    The truth is out there
    :lol:
    Bastard!
    +1 :D
    Again.