I've been a bit naughty and appear to have got a new bike...

2»

Comments

• timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    early morning is the best time to go (no locals around)

That's because they're stealing cars. :P

Nice bike missnotax. I have never liked the look of the Kona rear suspension but it'll ride like a dream. I too haven't checked out lordswood. I often go a bit west to puddletown forest, it's pretty fun there. Have you been to the bike park near blandford?

How exciting to get another good bike. I feel a road trip coming for you guys.

Have fun!
    Many happy trails!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'd try the brakes before you spend any more.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    supersonic wrote:
    I'd try the brakes before you spend any more.

Yes, I certainly agree with that!!!

Just pondering....... :wink:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Agreed try before you buy. A simple pad or disc upgrade may be all that is needed.
    As your light i wouldnt think a disc rotor size increase would be required. Larger disks will increase braking force at the detriment of brake lever feel,
    And as a note M575 brakes will not accept floating rotors so dont bother. They catch. Superstar Kevlar pads are worth it however.

Snot green Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x
  • Except - her doorstep is Fordingbridge. Not Southampton as her location indicates!

doh! bung it in the car boot then...

As for brakes, at 55kg you could probably get away with using a set of 1960's road calipers connected up with an elastic band.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Brilliant :lol::lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc