Rubbish Monday

2»

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Good luck for your friend. Puts things in perspective really.
  • After the first round of therapy, all was well, eating fine and putting weight back on. Now he can't eat, because there's a blockage in what's left of his digestive system. Suspicion is that it is (hopefully) scar tissue from the previous surgeries, but concern is possibly another tumour is growing, and quickly. He's gone from fit and fabulous in May to quite literally unable to swallow sufficient food to sustain himself now. Has been on drip feed for last ten days.

Scans are inconclusive. No alternative but the knife, which is today.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Oh, and thank you for the wishes!
  • All the best for your friend. My son's just been through a year of chemotherapy and a huge op on his pelvis that's left him in a wheelchair for 6 months. I've spent 100 nights in hospital with him in the last year. He's 14. We lost a close friend to pancreatic cancer, a close colleague to liver cancer and another to necrotising faciitis in the first half of this year. I think I've passed the MTFU test - my son certainly has. It certainly puts things into perspective.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Hey, Wheelspinner.

In fairness to me (and I like to be fair to me) I wasn't comparing my life with anyone, nor was I saying it was unfair.

I was just commenting on a particularly miserable Monday.

It's not a competition.
  • Hey, Wheelspinner.

In fairness to me (and I like to be fair to me) I wasn't comparing my life with anyone, nor was I saying it was unfair.

I was just commenting on a particularly miserable Monday.

It's not a competition.

Not intended as a dig at you Rick. Hope your Tuesday is better!