Rubbish Monday

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
Anyone else feel particularly depressed this Monday? More so than usual.

Something about the weather.

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Cheer up Rick.

Don't feel arsey, RC.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    No not me, managed to use my newly built up bike yesterday :-)
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Today has been the worst by far for a long time. Got up to see a nasty headwind blowing, decided to brave it and punctured twice. I must have disturbed my lunch as it had leaked all over my shirt which now stinks like last nights stir fry :shock: Immediately on arriving my boss tells me his meeting on Tuesday in Istanbul has been cancelled, which was particularly pleasing news as I'd spent all day in the office yesterday preparing the presentation for him :twisted: The only upside to this morning was thinking that I had no breakfast and finding some random cereal in my desk drawer that the previous occupant had very kindly left there for me :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Yup - pretty crap. Dark, wet & windy with nothing much to look forward to for a while.

With the weather forecast for Friday morning suggesting it will be 3C, it's done nothing to cheer me up.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    Anyone else feel particularly depressed this Monday? More so than usual.

Eh? The weather's gorgeous now, and I only had a bit of light drizzle on the way in. The wind'll have died off a bit by this evening. :D

I'm not helping am I?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    after fixing a flat this morning a taxi driver clips my arm with his wing mirror. I'm fine and he was very sorry about it. He gave me an inordinate amount of space after that

I've had better starts to the week.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    First day on the bike following 2 weeks of holiday. Would have taken more than this morning's weather to wipe the smile off my face.
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    First ride in after an off on wednesday, still sore and had some very nasty swirling gusting winds all the way. I think the bike will be left at work for a few days which will just add to my crankyness over the next couple of days.
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • Not too bad this Monday as I know next Monday I will be flying to Turkey, where I hope it will be a little warmer than here! A few more rides this week then the bike gets packed up for two weeks of cycling in the sunshine, I can't wait! 8)
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    44:47 mins into work this morning which was 7 mins faster than on Friday.

Might not be quite so good on the way home tho'.
  • Wind : that's it really ... nothing else .... unbelievably strong!!

I got to the top of Box Hil expecting to be able to ease off just a little on the descent and I swear the wind was so fierce I went backwards.

Still if I leave at 6.00 tonight I should be home by 5.30 .....
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Woke up full of snot so yeah, not looking forward to the 50mph headwinds later.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Dalton
    Dalton Posts: 265
    Awful morning for me, fell off bike and broke my hand!!

:(
  • Anyone else feel particularly depressed this Monday? More so than usual.

Tell me about it.
    1st thought across my mind @ 6.30 this morning was "i do not want to go to work"
    So i took a duvet day and am spending it noodling t'internet
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Poor you Dalton !

Pretty windy on the way to Dingwall this morning, still pouring down now !!

:roll:
    Road:Giant SCR3
    Commuting: Giant TCX2
  • A mate at work just drove a forklift into our shiny new shutters.

Monditis seems to be contagious.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Clairep wrote:
    Poor you Dalton !

Ah but it's now dead calm in Inverness and Dingwall - so much for the 40kmh wind we were promised for now - long may it continue.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • It's never so bad so it couldn't be any worse! It could be Monday tomorrow... ;-)
  • Clairep wrote:
    Poor you Dalton !

Ah but it's now dead calm in Inverness and Dingwall - so much for the 40kmh wind we were promised for now - long may it continue.

Looks like my prediction for the eye of the storm was correct then.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • I'm off work today. Popped into Halfords earlier to pick something up and while I was in there a guy 'cycled' in on a Sinclair C5 and asked if they had a replacement battery for it.

Just seemed a bit surreal if I'm honest!
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Took day off to take delivery of new mattress.

Have now discovered that the van that the mattress was on has broken down and will not be able to deliver today.

Now waiting on phone to get them to deliver it this Saturday instead. Bloody hell.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    DesWeller wrote:

Have now discovered that the van that the mattress was on has broken down and will not be able to deliver today.

Pinocchio_nose_grows.jpg

More like, the driver hates Mondays, so the he's sacked it off in the pub.
  • Gussio
    Now that was a hard ride home
  • 27kmh now - bit of a grind
  • First day back after two weeks cycling round the New Forest and Isle of Wight - struggled in against a wet headwind - I've had better
  • Gussio wrote:
    First day on the bike following 2 weeks of holiday. Would have taken more than this morning's weather to wipe the smile off my face.
    That is some dedicated commuting my friend. Hope you dont have any more holidays soon, that would be a bummer :wink:
  • Gussio
    It is a sad state of affairs when holidays get in the way of commuting, but the family demands it.
  • desweller
    DesWeller wrote:

Pinocchio_nose_grows.jpg

More like, the driver hates Mondays, so the he's sacked it off in the pub.

More than likely. I hope his pint blew over in the wind.

They're delivering it on Saturday now, and have refunded the delivery charge too (without me even asking for it, which is fair enough).
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • MTFU, the lot of you!

Had a looooooooooooong phone chat on Monday with an old friend, who is back in hospital again for another major operation. Last year he was treated for stomach cancer, which involved removal of most of said stomach and associated plumbing, then 20 weeks of chemo and radiation therapy.

Now he has more problems, surgery today to find out what's wrong.

He's 43. Married to wonderful wife. Five daughters.

And not ONE complaint about how f**king unfair life seems sometimes.

Mondays are a piece of cake.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • desweller
    Sorry to hear about your friend, are they checking his lymph nodes? Or is it thought to be difficulties arising from losing so much tissue?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}