Anyone got a Yeti SB-66 yet??

2»

Comments

• Just had a call saying my SB-66, ordered back in August and promised for 'End of September' (and still confirmed as such last week) is now not happening til at least November. This really sucks! Evolution claim their last order was short of what it should've been.

Apparently even in November, the new UK distributor doesn't actually know what frames they'll get in their first delivery so I can't even be sure I'll get on that first drop. Not impressed, and now I have to decide to cut my losses and get something else, or wait what could be into 2012. I have to admit, faced with that kind of poor service, "something else" is scoring some points right now - hoping it calms down when this sinks in.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,667
    milko9000 wrote:
    Just had a call saying my SB-66, ordered back in August and promised for 'End of September' (and still confirmed as such last week) is now not happening til at least November. This really sucks! Evolution claim their last order was short of what it should've been.

Apparently even in November, the new UK distributor doesn't actually know what frames they'll get in their first delivery so I can't even be sure I'll get on that first drop. Not impressed, and now I have to decide to cut my losses and get something else, or wait what could be into 2012. I have to admit, faced with that kind of poor service, "something else" is scoring some points right now - hoping it calms down when this sinks in.
    Ditto - can't be arsed waiting that long when i need a decent AM bike to play on as I'm taking time out of worj and can get plenty MTB'ing done. If I ordered now I'd have to do it without a test ride and even then I wouldn't see a bike until sometime next year. If I wait for a test ride it'll probably be next summer :evil:

I'm going shopping for something that has that magical property of being in stock...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I don't even begin to know what I want instead is part of my problem I think. Got £2.5K of insurance credit on this, with most of a bike barring the frame to put on what I get - aside from any non-compatible bits that is. Did a bunch of reading, jumped on the SB hype. Pfffffffffffffff.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Small turquoise frame for £1900 in Bike Tree Sheffield 0114 2365858.

For those that can't wait :)
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Richie63 wrote:
    Small turquoise frame for £1900 in Bike Tree Sheffield 0114 2365858.

For those that can't wait :)
    Thanks for the tip Richie, wrong size unfortunately :(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    Yeti shipped 30 frames to Silverfish today. Not going to be one for me in that lot, I'm sure, but they're coming. Apparently it'll be a similar number every 2-3 weeks til the end of the year.

God I hope the Yeti dude was just counting SB-66s in that and not every bike they make!
  • Stevo_666
    milko9000 wrote:
    Yeti shipped 30 frames to Silverfish today. Not going to be one for me in that lot, I'm sure, but they're coming. Apparently it'll be a similar number every 2-3 weeks til the end of the year.

God I hope the Yeti dude was just counting SB-66s in that and not every bike they make!
    That's not a lot to cover UK demand. Sod it, I bought a Spicy today as I wanted to ride something in 2011 :D
  • milko9000
    I hope your Spicy lasts longer than mine did. I really loved it, but it broke (carbon rear triangle) and that's why I'm in this boat. Lapierre don't do frame replacements out of warranty and insurance didn't cover a whole new one without dropping way down the range. Beautiful bike and a joy to ride!
  • Stevo_666
    Maybe by time I do bust it there might be some SB-66's available in the UK :roll: Don't worry, I am going to enjoy this bike - tried a mates 316 beforehand and liked it lots.
  • agg25
    agg25 Posts: 619
    Went for a rap on the SB-66 on Sunday down at Swinley Forest courtesy of the Mountain Trax demo bike scheme.

I thought it was a good deal that for £30 they let you take out any of their demo bikes, for the whole day if you like, over the period of a month (which they said was flexible). If you end up buying one of them it gets taken off the price of the bike.

Well was a nice ride indeed, found the jump canyon and needless to say much easier to control and land jumps than me 100mm Cube, also goes uphill surprisingly well, nice and firm with the Boostvalve switched on (although could do with one more gear), a little bit rattly over rough stuff but I think it needed a chain device. Nice control with the wide bars/short stem combo. Could do with being a pound or so lighter, being a demo bike it wasn't specced to the max so there'd be room for a bit off from components and I also found with the 2x10 setup I was maxing out the 22 tooth or minning?? out the 36 ring a fair bit so the front derailleur got a bit of a workout.

Overall very nice bike, unfortunately just heard the frame price has just gone up to £2000! so it better be a fair bit better than the other bikes I'm going to try.

314522_10150426464550961_659400960_10636373_1439183825_n.jpg

304001_10150426470550961_659400960_10636450_547010647_n.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Thanks for the feedback Agg - trouble is, I ran out of patience and bought a Spicy, so in the words of Duncan Bannatyne "Ahm oot" :)
  • milko9000
    Thanks for the update Agg. When mine eventually does show up it's going to be with a chain device and bashguard, so hopefully that'll help keep the noise down. It's replacing/complementing a 100mm Cube hardtail for me... when I briefly had the Spicy 916 (running 2x9) I did find I used the front derailleur a lot more than I do with the Cube (3x9) so it might just be the nature of it - I got into a good rhythm after a while.

Interesting about the weight as I get the feeling mine will be quite a beefy model: Crossmax rims, Fox 36 float fork and a dropper seatpost presumably all add to it compared to what you had there. I'll just imagine that it being a medium frame for me will fix everything :)

I'm becoming patient like a Buddhist monk here. Not at all helped by mate just upgrading to a a flippin' Zesty 914.
  • milko9000
    Argh. Just learned that I'm definitely not getting one in November either. MAYBE January is the next offer. AND I get to pay the new RRP which is about £200 more than the price I ordered it at. Fucksake, this is silly. Cue a post from me in the buying advice forum methinks.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Thing is Yeti knows they will sell them all, at just about any price they dare. Times don't bother them ;-)
  • Stevo_666
    Milko, that's a bummer: why not rejoin the Spicy club? Glad I made the decision I did now: BTW was in Bromley Bike again yesterday and no sign of an SB-66: they had at least one of everything else and two 575's.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    there is one on ebay right now for £4,000

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-Yeti-SB- ... 231513e6b0

willing to sell the frame as well
  • milko9000
    Stevo, if I got a Spicy again my budget would only cover a 316 - I could swap some of my bits back down but it'd seem wrong to drop so far down the range after a 916! If they sold frames, then yup I'd have done it like a shot. Lapierre just don't wanna know, those odd folk.

DCR, I don't think I can go second hand, it's an insurance dealio. And I'm more of a medium-sized bloke anyway.
  • milko9000
    The bike shop's got one with my name on it. I should have it in a week or two (few other bits to get on it now). :o
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Theres a lime one in Mountain Trax right now... Not sold I think (for anyone waiting).
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • IMG_20111111_170805.jpg

Just need to get the thing outdoors now. Sunday morning can't come soon enough. The bike is finally here! I ordered this frame on August 1st!

Bit of a Frankenstein's monster when it comes to components, I will have to work on that next. And riding the thing, yay!
  • Stevo_666
    Looks lovely Milko - about bl00dy time! Let us know how you get on with it once you've taken it for a good thrash. (BTW I love my Spicy so far, no regrets taking the plunge on that one).
  • IMG_20111113_121020.jpg

First ride done. Love it! I don't have much to compare it to unfortunately, but it was damn nice riding. Also the first bike I've had where there's actually a few people gather round for a look while I'm taking it out of the car!

Think I'm gonna have a Cube LTD Race for sale, because I can't really picture a situation where I'd take that out instead of this.