Anyone got a Yeti SB-66 yet??

Yeti Baz
Yeti Baz Posts: 64
edited November 2011 in MTB general
Curious, as I ordered on the day it was released and some 13 weeks later i'm still waiting!!

If you have got one, would you mind letting me know where from, colour and size

Cheers

Comments

• The first delivery of SB-66's were in medium and only 12 came into the UK. I know that Leisure Lakes had a few of these, but have all sold out now
  • I'd heard the rumour that it was the mediums that came over first, but with initial deliveries stated as being mid to late July I am somewhat disappointed! Wondered too if maybe its got something to with new distributors being announced last week
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,666
    Yeti Baz wrote:
    Wondered too if maybe its got something to with new distributors being announced last week
    That's news to me - thought Evolution Imports was still the UK distributor? Was in the shop on Thursday last week asking when they would have a demo model and they didn't mention anything about any changes.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Maybe I got it wrong then, but definately saw something the other day about Silverfish
  • Silverfish take over the distribution of Yeti as of the 1st October. The first drop hit early August and second drop of the SB-66 shouldn't be affected as it's sometime this month
  • Fingers crossed i'll get mine this month then, killing me not being able to ride as my old 575 has now gone
  • Stevo_666
    Thanks for that. I was just googling for some news and you beat me to it. No idea what effect that will have on future availability after Silverfish take over.

Think I'll call Bromley Bike tomorrow - they are my local Yeti dealer who operate out of the same premises as Evolution Imports and I think are owned by the same people - to see how it affects them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Spoke to Bromley Bikes - they are still going to be a Yeti dealer but they have to buy it from Silverfish rather than their neighbours Evolution as of next month.

Seems there is just a major shortage of frames for the demand that's out there and its worse for certain colours/sizes than others - apparently white ones are rare as hens teeth. When I asked him how long a wait for a 'less problematic' one like a medium turquoise, he said probably not before Christmas :( but that if demand goes down after the inital rush, it could get better - hard to say.

Baz - what size/colour did you order?
  • I heard Yeti weren't actually selling white ones before 2012, which'd explain that being rare. Hope my long promised 'late September' delivery of a medium turquoise frame comes through. Saw one in Swinley carpark on Saturday, am jealous.
  • I WISH :cry:
    Life's too short to be boring.

09 Kona Dawgma
    08 Orange 224
  • I was in Bromley Bikes today and a shipment of SB66's had just turned up! :-)
  • Stevo_666
    I was in Bromley Bikes today and a shipment of SB66's had just turned up! :-)
    All spoken for apparently :(
  • Stevo_666
    milko9000 wrote:
    Saw one in Swinley carpark on Saturday, am jealous.
    I just found Mountain Trax has a demo SB-66 (large turquoise version): they are only a few miles from Swinley so that could be theirs. Trouble is I am to small for a large, esp with that long top tube :cry:

I can see this is going to take time!
  • Oh I held one this evening! Very nice indeed! :-)
  • Stevo_666
    Oh I held one this evening! Very nice indeed! :-)
    I hope there was no inappropriate touching going on :D

Still can't find a medium demo bike anywhere in the UK :( . The demo that was at One Planet isn't there any more and nothing else is showing up on google.
  • Stevo_666
    MU3266 wrote:
    Apologies for the smally highjack but is there any word on full build SB-66's being sold. I have only been able to find frame prices from one or two dealers. Cheers gentleman / ladies / X's (read an australian newspaper to understand the last one)
    Haven't heard of any. Have a gander at the Yeti website - they have 3 or 4 build specs on there but as far as I've heard in the UK its a case of buy the frame then choose your spec, with the website ones being kind of suggested specs and indicative prices (although they're in dollars so will look cheaper than they will be)
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Oh I held one this evening! Very nice indeed! :-)
    I hope there was no inappropriate touching going on :D

Ha! Reminds me of the scene in the Inbetweeners when Will and the spiky haired one were being bollocked by all the parents for bunking off scholl and getting drunk. They then balmed it on Neil's dad, got that doll and proceed to show where he'd touched them.

Anyway......back to the thread, no, there was no innappropriate touching! Did look lovely though! Might add it to my collection of Yeti's when they become more readily avaliable.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    I fancy one of these to replace my trusty 2005 Sworks Enduro .

And I was thinking of a build of SLX double drive train, The one brakes and fox van 36's as a a basic set up given what I could rob move around from other bikes

What would you choose?
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Still thinking about the options but I quite like the idea of an XT double tranmission, XT brakes, 150mm Rev, plus the obligatory (Reverb) dropper. Not sure on wheels but fancy going tubeless.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    the carbon version looks amazing, but at a rumoured £3k frame only, i'll pass on that one, and the alu version is just a tad on the weighty side compared to my mojo to justify swapping, but id certainly put it as a 1x10 with a new xtr mech and a chain guide, thinking that'll be the next step for the HD
  • Stevo_666
    TBH I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off with the lack of availability, lack of demo bikes and the wait for a frame once ordered - over 3 months and counting for some people. Am thinking about getting something cheaper/second hand for the time being and see how things pan out.
  • lawman
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TBH I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off with the lack of availability, lack of demo bikes and the wait for a frame once ordered - over 3 months and counting for some people. Am thinking about getting something cheaper/second hand for the time being and see how things pan out.

the very same reason i chose to go for my HD over the whyte 146... i was waiting months for whyte to get back to me, had the mojo sorted within a week, no brainer really, and tbh, im rather hoping they still havent sorted it out at whyte, cos theyre new range, 146x especially, look epic
  • lawman wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

the very same reason i chose to go for my HD over the whyte 146... i was waiting months for whyte to get back to me, had the mojo sorted within a week, no brainer really, and tbh, im rather hoping they still havent sorted it out at whyte, cos theyre new range, 146x especially, look epic

TBH the reviews i have seen of the Whyte's dont seem all that great?
  • lawman
    lawman wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

TBH the reviews i have seen of the Whyte's dont seem all that great?

reviews are one thing, but nothing better than riding one to find out for real, and u have to say along with my HD and the old evil sovereign, the 146 is one of the best bikes i've ever ridden, suits me down to the ground tbh, in some ways its better than my HD, in others ways not so good, the whytes lightter and possibly better geometry, and of course much better value, for what i paid for mine i could have had a 146x, but the HD seems marginally stiffer and easier in tighter trails, but thats really nit picking.

back onto the 66 tho, saw a small in swinnertons at cannock chase today, and i have to say it looks the bollocks and a quick guestimate says it doesnt feel that much heavier than my medium HD, a pound or so at most, and its £200 cheaper too, so in theory, and compared to the asr 5 alloy and carbon versions, it should weigh in around £2200-2400 mark
  • FBM.BMX
    FBM.BMX Posts: 148
    We got a small in for at the shop i work at, really nice. In the process of a custom build for a customer, can't wait.

Anyone wondering about availability too, assured by the new distributor there should be "good" stock in around 6 weeks.

It's the change in distributor that really slowed things down. We also pre-ordered 3 frames from the old distro, they can only honour 1 of the preorders.
  • The reason why they're honour so few of the pre-orders is they have chosen who to supply to on the basis of who has sent them the most trade in the past and as the distributor changes in the next couple of weeks they won't be taking back orders
  • Stevo_666
    Let's see what happens once Silverfish start as distributors on October 1st. Hopefully the situation will change, although if Yeti have not tooled up to make enough of the things this might take longer to sort out.

In the meantime I've seen quite a tasty Trek Remedy on Fleabay; tempted to put in a cheeky bid :)
  • agg25
    agg25 Posts: 619
    I'm test riding a large next Sunday, will report back ;-)
  • Stevo_666
    agg25 wrote:
    I'm test riding a large next Sunday, will report back ;-)
    Yes please. Where are you getting the bike from?