Help me get this effing bike OUT of my bedroom!!!

2»

Comments

• Growmac
    Growmac Posts: 117
    Ben, I understood that ground anchors were better not being on the ground? On a wall there is less to brace against when trying to cut the lock.

I can't remember the exact source of the advice, but I think it was a ground anchor manufacturer on one of the forums.
    1994 Clark Kent F12; 2004 Mount Vision; 2011 Canyon AM 7, 2012 Canyon Torque FRX 6, a unicycle and a Brompton.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Killing silently is a tall order, but a quick look at an anatomy chart will show that the larynx is an easy enough target—providing you can make a stealthy submerged approach, sneak up on your victim, and catch him unaware. Once that's accomplished, grasp his hair as close to the scalp as you're able to and yank his head back while using your Ka-Bar combat knife to make a lateral cut across his throat. Make sure you sever both the carotid artery and jugular vein while piercing the windpipe, and press hard; the larynx is a tough, rubbery piece of tissue.
    Growmac wrote:
    Ben, I understood that ground anchors were better not being on the ground? On a wall there is less to brace against when trying to cut the lock.

It's a little bit of a myth that... If you can get the chain a long way off the ground, like 3 feet up, it makes a difference but if it's lower then it's just as easy to crop a chain whether it's on the ground or in the air. You can't hammer it if it's raised, but then, you can only hammer rubbish chains anyway.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Growmac wrote:

I can't remember the exact source of the advice, but I think it was a ground anchor manufacturer on one of the forums.

Mine is on the wall, its is located roughly the height of my wheel hub. The Hub pretty much covers the anchor too so not only is it on the wall the bike (rear wheel) is in the way of it and I remove any slack in the chain so the bike cannot be manoeuvred away......I figured it would just be more hassle for anyone like that.
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    cj11, at 4 months you're in the golden trimester, you have 2 more to get this sorted until the 3rd one starts, I'd advise having this completely and totally sorted to her satisfaction by month 6 or life will become very tough indeed.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Of course, locks and drill bits cost far more than a flock of geese that will see off any unwanted crooks, salesteams and window cleaners.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Growmac wrote:

My thinking is mainly in my own head, but I figure that its easiest to take out a ground anchor attached to brick or breeze block by simply taking a sledge hammer to the brickwork.... In concrete this is not so easy. Either way, by chaining multiple bikes together and making access to the anchor(s) difficult you can eliminate most of this issue.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    cj11 wrote:
    @benpinnick. Thanks for the help, that pillow looks ideal, Had considered a v-pillow but that looks so much better. Also cheers for the advice on storage and insurance thought it best to mention it before getting slaughtered for turning this into a maternity forum. :lol:

The v-pillows are good for nursing, but no use at night. My other half thought the giant sausage Dreamgenii looked stupid when I got it for her.... she soon changed her tune.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    my wife is also a big dream genii fan
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • AXA home contents is worth a look they replace the bike automatic if stolen in or out, priced as new. No questions to make or model just cost.
    Rideing a Canyon XC Nerve 6.0,

Cheers Geordie.