bolton rider looking for ppl to ride with

d4rr3n
d4rr3n Posts: 13
edited September 2011 in MTB rides
hi im new to mountain bikeing and sick of riding alone looking for ppl in bolton area

Comments

• Im from Bolton if your up for a ride and am off work.
  • wher and when do u ride i go round mosses gate park n cliffton im out most sundays when im not working and my days off
  • Usually pop on Train to Lee Quarry, Gisburn once a month. And Rivington Really. Don't live far from you in Harwood.
  • cool i lived in harwwod b4 moving darcy lever i lived on harwood vale iv seen the video for lee and crag and realy fancy tring it if u go on train its free for me lol my face book is darren.whitehead40@yahoo.co.uk we can sort somthing out
  • d4rr3n wrote:
    cool i lived in harwwod b4 moving darcy lever i lived on harwood vale iv seen the video for lee and crag and realy fancy tring it if u go on train its free for me lol my face book is darren.whitehead40@yahoo.co.uk we can sort somthing out

Added mate. Have go for a ride up Lee when i get back off Holiday mate. Bit of a Trek up a big Hill to get there tho. :lol:

I live near Harwood Vale, called Harwood Lee the newish Estate behind it.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    Usually pop on Train to Lee Quarry

What's the climb up Bacup Road like? I heard it's pretty steep.
  • Its a bit of a killer and all road. But if you can ride up that the hill from the car park at lee quarry is easy.
  • hello im in bolton too, good old great lever. only been back on the bike four months but im getting there. I go to gisburn most weekends and am always farting around bolton on my own. Was down darcy lever last night. The lads i go biking with live up near preston and i have no car at the min so i have been getting lifts to places.

Been to lee quarry once, what train do you get from bolton? wouldnt mind going back soon.
    Papa? Nicole
  • grant43
    grant43 Posts: 170
    hi there i live near lee quarry if all you bolton lot come over let me know and ill have a blast round with you and well have a blast round cragg quarry 2 be a top day :D
    keep smiling no matter how much it hurts,commencal ramones 1 loving it lol
  • mintedox wrote:
    hello im in bolton too, good old great lever. only been back on the bike four months but im getting there. I go to gisburn most weekends and am always farting around bolton on my own. Was down darcy lever last night. The lads i go biking with live up near preston and i have no car at the min so i have been getting lifts to places.

Been to lee quarry once, what train do you get from bolton? wouldnt mind going back soon.

Bolton to Manchester or Rochdale and then Manchester or Rochdale to either Todmorden or Walsden. Either way there is a big fook off hill.

You can also get there from Rochdale and then ride up rooley Moor road to Cragg quarry and then down into Lee.

And Grant, when I get back off Holiday, we shall finally get out mate.
  • grant43
    haha yes ok no probs mate look forward to it,have to do gisburn too.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Grant give me a shout as well.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • grant43
    will do mate more the merrier had a big off at cragg on sunday was going for it on a straight got out onto a bit of open land and wind just took the front wheel ended up down a hill hurt my back and back of leg back up there tomorrow no work at minute.
  • 1mancity2
    Be safe bud, you up there friday afternoon? I could maybe get there for a bit if work permits
  • grant43
    yes might be ill let you know m8.
  • Cheers for that bwfc.

Has anyone come across the guy living in a shack close to cragg quarry?
    Papa? Nicole
  • grant43
    no ive heard about him but never seen him,but saying that dont seem to notice much when im out on bike keep my eye out next time.
  • we cut through a field to get back up to the cobbled road and found the hut. Didnt think anyone would be living init but the bloke came out.
    He has a fresh running water suply set up. mad guy
    Papa? Nicole
  • probly sound daft but wher is gissbon forest if any 1 is going next week im in
  • probly sound daft but wher is gissbon forest if any 1 is going next week im in
  • ye i spelt it wrong i know lol
  • ye i know i spelt gisburn wrong :lol:
  • grant43
    if the shacks near bacup is there a banjo hanging over the door :D
  • I'm in Breightmet, by all means pop round and we can ride up to rivington or something...
  • 1mancity2
    @ d4rr3n Gisburn forest post code (pub) BD23 4SQ

http://www.gisburnforestbikes.co.uk/where-to-find-us/

• hi mate gisburn forrest is near clitheroe im going in the morning if you fancy it
  • I have been using a BB postcode to get there. That is to cocklet car park though not the pub
    Papa? Nicole
  • d4rr3n wrote:
    wher and when do u ride i go round mosses gate park n cliffton im out most sundays when im not working and my days off

I don't live too far from there (Swinton). What's the riding like? It doesn't look that big on map.
  • FSR Si
    FSR Si Posts: 147
    mattrgee wrote:
    d4rr3n wrote:
    wher and when do u ride i go round mosses gate park n cliffton im out most sundays when im not working and my days off

I don't live too far from there (Swinton). What's the riding like? It doesn't look that big on map.

If you go to the old aquaduct near pilkington tile factory there is a small purpose built bike trail, a lot of it is poo but theres a few good sections of red there.
    My Rides......91 GT Talera SingleSpeed, 97 Klein pulse race, 2010 Boardman HT Pro
  • Wherebouts is the tile factory? Is clifton where the robin hood is?

Is there anything around agecroft? I havent ventured down that way yet
    Papa? Nicole