Stage 19 ****SPOILER****

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited September 2011 in Pro race
19_perfil.gif

Outside possibility of an attack on the last cat 2 for somebody like Froome...

So far, 4 in the break with 5 and half minutes, Verdugo, Anton, Dyachenko, Bruseghin...

Away we go....

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    If Bruseghin is in the break, expect a fierce chase from Astana to protect Kiserlovski's 16th place on GC.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    great minds :D
  • FJS wrote:
    great minds :D

I just wrote that in your thread, im getting scared.
  • afx237vi wrote:
    If Bruseghin is in the break, expect a fierce chase from Astana to protect Kiserlovski's 16th place on GC.

I don't see a break getting away without being cought before the end, Sky should be dragging everyone back and setting a Very fast pace for that second sprint point, surely?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:

I don't see a break getting away without being cought before the end, Sky should be dragging everyone back and setting a Very fast pace for that second sprint point, surely?

In theory, yes, but I haven't seen anything to suggest they have the strength to do it on their own. Plus the sprint is still a long way from the finish. Even if they brought the break back at the right time, there'd be more attackers trying to jump away. It'd be a very difficult tactic to pull off.
  • afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

In theory, yes, but I haven't seen anything to suggest they have the strength to do it on their own. Plus the sprint is still a long way from the finish. Even if they brought the break back at the right time, there'd be more attackers trying to jump away. It'd be a very difficult tactic to pull off.

If they don't try it though, they must be settle for second!
  • Very, very hot for Northern Spain.
    38C in Bilbao, 39C out on the course.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    why is Eurosport showing car crashes?
  • FJS
    Sky had the opportunity to get the seconds during the first intermediate sprint, with a complete peloton and Sky train, but that didn't produce anything. I don't think they'll put all their energy in getting the break back from 6 minutes for another intermediate. A Froome attack on the last climb is the most likely
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Think we all want this break to survive no?

Specifically, an Euskatel rider to win.
  • FJS
    I got Anton for PTP, so yes :)
  • FJS
    :shock: Wow, they like their cycling in the Basque Country, loads of spectators on that climb
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Yes the north of Spain is different when it comes to cycling. I think any country (france included) would struggle to match what the Basque region is capable of in terms of spectator numbers for cycling.

Even the cleaning lady knows about cycling!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • As I suspected, this is quite an evil 2nd cat climb.
    More than enough for fireworks, next time around.
  • FJS
    Poels dropped on the first time they do that climb. Some of the riders who have been fighting for GC pretty tired by now
  • FJS wrote:
    Poels dropped on the first time they do that climb. Some of the riders who have been fighting for GC pretty tired by now

Poels not comfy in extreme heat..........and the heat is extreme.
  • FJS
    That's a small peloton left.... and just after 1 time that climb... No Sagan I think?
  • afx237vi
    If Lofkvist can do this now, where's he been for the past two and a half weeks?
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    afx237vi wrote:
    If Lofkvist can do this now, where's he been for the past two and a half weeks?

either sick or he's been told to buck his idea's up or risk getting dropped by sky? Don't what is contract length is mind
  • FJS
    Anton alone
  • Looks like Wiggins is still protected and that we have a Sky fail coming up.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    maybe froome doesnt have the legs to attack?
  • At the risk of sounding like a rioting chav... it's all kicking off!
  • eh?
  • How annoying is it that Matt Keenan continually refers to the Vuelta eh Espana?
  • Updates please, I'm at work!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • andyjr
    Goddam typical, my ITV link drops as it kicks off :x
  • You can't say that Froome is not giving it a good go.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    spain vs kenya here...
    cartoon.jpg
  • andyjr
    Froome & Cobo off together