Mounting Lights on top of the bars

2»

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    All been done before!

This, subject to testing, will be my winter setup.

P1100063.jpg
    Faster than a tent.......
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Rolf F wrote:
    All been done before!

Almost identical set-up to me, if you find the velcro strap allows to much wobble & bounce and the other slips forward drop me a PM i've modified mine just perfectly.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    itboffin wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    All been done before!

Almost identical set-up to me, if you find the velcro strap allows to much wobble & bounce and the other slips forward drop me a PM i've modified mine just perfectly.

I think I probably will! I have to admit, having followed recommendation to buy the twofish thingummy, I am a bit dubious about its general jiggliness! Not sure when I'll actually need to try it out though. Came close to being useful this evening.....
    Faster than a tent.......
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Rolf F wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    All been done before!

I think I probably will! I have to admit, having followed recommendation to buy the twofish thingummy, I am a bit dubious about its general jiggliness! Not sure when I'll actually need to try it out though. Came close to being useful this evening.....

I found the twofish to be pretty awful with a Fenix LD20 attached, admittedly it was off road, but not especially rough. The plastic mounts from DealExtreme are much more stable.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've got a Topeak X-tender thing on my Tricross permanently, well half of it anyway. The rest gets added when I need the lights which is usually a Fenix and Cateye EL320. This all sits below the bars and no cable shadow either as I can't work gears.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Asprilla wrote:

Suppose it's not that rare, since my mate Tom has two as well. Just the other day my brother and I went to the pub with him and one of the locals said 'Here's Tom with the two arseholes'...........

:lol:

I'd also mounted my Smart light on the underside; the neatness & space saved makes up for the switching inconvenience. Anyone got a better lockblock for attaching torches than the twofish one, which reviews badly for nigh-on £10 (Inc. p&p)?
  • SimonAH wrote:
    As requested;

Gekko.jpg

Fantastic idea but did you really have to post that here? You've just cost me a trip to Evans and £16 !!
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Sorry Butterd2! :lol:
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.