Sorry for your loss
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    That's not great :(

Glad to hear there's a bit more of a diagnosis though.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • itboffin wrote:
    Back OT I just got back from the docs seems i'm a bit of a mess really.

My cholesterol is 6.8, resting HR 79 and blood pressure was 137/87 added to which my liver function test was 60.

Whilst know of these are over the high limits they are all at max of normal, which given how well I eat and exercise plus the family history of heart attacks doesn't fill me with joy.

So more tests in two weeks.

Itboffin
    I have read this thread and understand what you are going through as I suffered almost identical symptoms about 2 yrs ago. The worst was not having a definate answer to the dis-comfort and suffering chest pains. Ive had endscopy, 24hr PH monitoring and tried all antacids, change of diet and gastro resistant tabs.
    Eventually I was diagnosed with a fairly common sliding Hiatus Hernia which caused the Reflux but the chest pains were mainly down to Esophagitis (damaged/saw esophagus) caused by the reflux and that took 3 months to heal but taking Omeprazole tablets everyday my life and diet is pretty much back to normal.
    1nca
  • less pies and booze then...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    @Armoredinca i'm taking those pill atm they're helping but only on a double dose, I also had them for about 8 months last year whilst on an awesome long term high course of painkillers.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Perhaps I should sue the Morpeth it's got to all be their fault surely ...?

:roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • More time on the bike and less in the pub for you, my lad - I had a similar episode a few years ago which was one of the things that got me back on the bike. I found eating less and exercise sorted it. I've lost 2 inches round the waist in the last 12 months
  • itboffin
    Interesting update, today I think I passed a gall stone, a large white object. Which on reflection kinda adds up given my symptoms and low fat high alcohol diet.

I wonder how many more are in there?
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    edited September 2011
    itboffin wrote:
    Interesting update, today I think I passed a gall stone, a large white object. Which on reflection kinda adds up given my symptoms and low fat high alcohol diet.

What's the FCN for a gallstone?
  • itboffin wrote:

My cholesterol is 6.8, resting HR 79 and blood pressure was 137/87 added to which my liver function test was 60.

Whilst know of these are over the high limits they are all at max of normal, which given how well I eat and exercise plus the family history of heart attacks doesn't fill me with joy.

Pah, my blood pressure's higher than that (at least the systolic is) and doc told me I only have a 3% risk of CHD/heart attack...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    itboffin wrote:

Pah, my blood pressure's higher than that (at least the systolic is) and doc told me I only have a 3% risk of CHD/heart attack...

Yeah but what does that mean?
    3%, so that's a 3 in 100 chance - which begs the question 3 in 100 what?

3 in 100 hours?
    3 in 100 years?
    3 in100 lifetimes?>
  • will3 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Yeah but what does that mean?
    3%, so that's a 3 in 100 chance - which begs the question 3 in 100 what?

3 in 100 hours?
    3 in 100 years?
    3 in100 lifetimes?>

Who knows.... 3% chance that at any minute or any second of my life at the moment I am likely to be struck down with heart failure. 97% chance that I won't...? I'm just repeating what the GP said, she basically shoved all my stats into a computer - height, weight, exercise time, BP etc etc and it said that I was at 3% risk. She said that over 20 or 25% (can't remember which) is a concern...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • diastolic of over 90 is usually treated
    systolic normally combined with HR so if memory serves HH yours is quite low so when combined overall seems fine. IT's HR is also high so more worrysome.
  • itboffin wrote:

Ahem.

Being told what has emerged from your anus is not* what I would classify as an "interesting" update.

As you were.

*Unless it is a flying monkey. *That*, I would call interesting.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Greg66 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Ahem.

Being told what has emerged from your anus is not* what I would classify as an "interesting" update.

Bristol scale please.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Greg66 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Ahem.

As you were.

Not necessarily out of his anus, he could have pissed it out, but if he did, I don't think it would have been an "interesting update", more likely "I have newfound sympathy for women enduring a natural childbirth".
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    "Thread to tell everyone what weird stuff you've passed"
  • EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Ahem.

As you were.

Not necessarily out of his anus, he could have pissed it out, but if he did, I don't think it would have been an "interesting update", more likely "I have newfound sympathy for women enduring a natural childbirth".

The absence of screaming and CAPS LOCK made me assume it was a not a number 1 passage.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:
    The absence of screaming and CAPS LOCK made me assume it was a not a number 1 passage.

+1 Knowing boffo if it had gone the number 1 route there'd be pictures.
  • He did after all say "passed"

One vowel would make all the difference. :shock:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • itboffin
    ah you all know me so well, oh and Greg best you let the secretary open your post for a while ;-)
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    Greg66 wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Ahem.

As you were.

I had wondered: is he really *that* nails? Nah. No way he would have kept that to himself.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition