Sudden attack of heart burn

Comments

• DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Maxticate wrote:
    Twostage wrote:
    [...]Anyone know what the ideal poo parameters are ?

[bristol-stool-scale.jpg]

#3&4 are considered normal.

The internet is both a wonderful and alarming place. Rule 34 next...
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Maxticate wrote:
    Twostage wrote:
    There must be some perfect consistency and frequency they are aiming for (or being driven to by the drug manufacturers). Anyone know what the ideal poo parameters are ?

bristol-stool-scale.jpg

I am slightly worried, 3&4 have never appeared in my toilet when I've been in there :shock:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    3&4 are what I normally do.

NGale, consider your diet. A bit of fruit and veg work wonders.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • NGale
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

eat stacks of fruit and veg and have a low fat and low sugar diet. The problem rests with IBS. crap bowel movements are a part of it.
  • EKE_38BPM
    You can get that chart on merchandise! What is the world coming to?!

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I can't believe you're blaming it on your local bike shop. Cut down on the chilli sauce.
  • EKE_38BPM
    NGale wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

eat stacks of fruit and veg and have a low fat and low sugar diet. The problem rests with IBS. crap bowel movements are a part of it.
    Theres your problem, not enough lard.

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    You can get that chart on merchandise! What is the world coming to?!

Ok, that'd stop people stealing my mug.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • I have suffered from heartburn for many years. I can normally control it with the correct diet and Gaviscon. Just lately I have been getting it everyday nad nothing seems to control it. I also feel really bloated and ill after every meal. I have been to the doctors and am awaiting test results. The doctor hopes it's Helicobacter, which can be cured with antibiotics. It's possible I could have an ulcer or Gastroenteritis or it could be Gastroesophageal reflux disease. Hopefully I will get it sorted soon. It's really getting me down now.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I have only ever had it once, after a huge xmas meal last year, I hardly slept through the night and it was so uncomfortable, glad I don't get it often so everyone has my sympathy
  • Allez Mark wrote:
    I have suffered from heartburn for many years. I can normally control it with the correct diet and Gaviscon. Just lately I have been getting it everyday nad nothing seems to control it. I also feel really bloated and ill after every meal. I have been to the doctors and am awaiting test results. The doctor hopes it's Helicobacter, which can be cured with antibiotics. It's possible I could have an ulcer or Gastroenteritis or it could be Gastroesophageal reflux disease. Hopefully I will get it sorted soon. It's really getting me down now.
    Persistent problems do grind you down. Hopefully the results will lead to a cure or least a way of managing it.
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 290
    my uncle had this, he was dead a couple of weeks later.
    B'Twin Sport 1
    FCN 7 =4, +2(non cycling clothes) +1(beard)
  • Paul E wrote:
    I have only ever had it once, after a huge xmas meal last year, I hardly slept through the night and it was so uncomfortable, glad I don't get it often so everyone has my sympathy
    From memory I'm in the 'once' category. Had an Indian meal and the rice was slightly undercooked but this didn't stop me filling my face. I then had a couple (ahem) of pints of guinness and it must have swelled the rice. I could hardly move. I felt like a bag of microwave popcorn.
  • NGale
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Theres your problem, not enough lard.

believe me if I have the wrong things to eat it I am not a great person to be around with the noises I can produce :shock:
  • dcurzon wrote:

Nice. You should turn that into a bedtime story, you know, for kids.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Maxticate wrote:
    Twostage wrote:
    There must be some perfect consistency and frequency they are aiming for (or being driven to by the drug manufacturers). Anyone know what the ideal poo parameters are ?

bristol-stool-scale.jpg

FCN numbers just took on a whole new meaning.......
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87 wrote:
    Maxticate wrote:
    Twostage wrote:

bristol-stool-scale.jpg

It's all upside-down, though. An FCN 7 would overtake anything...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    I used to get heartburn after drinking Guiness, so I drink brown beer now.
    I now only get heartburn if the EPO makes sandwiches with that bread with a lot of seeds and other bits in it. I told her this, she seems to be using it more. I have heartburn as I write this. Should I worry? Has she worked out I'm worth more dead than alive due to life insurance policies? I don't think I can die from heartburn, but who knows what she'll try next.
    I know I could make my own sandwiches. But I'm a lazy sod.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Where on that scale is colour? mine are slowly turning yellow :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    dcurzon wrote:

Boffin - it seems you may not have much time. Best make the most of it - beer and burgers. You around for a couple of beers tomorrow to say goodbye to us forumites.
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    dcurzon wrote:

Boffin - it seems you may not have much time. Best make the most of it - beer and burgers. You around for a couple of beers tomorrow to say goodbye to us forumites.

Getting my blood test results tomorrow
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • EKE_38BPM
    itboffin wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    dcurzon wrote:

Getting my blood test results tomorrow

Are the medics hoping it has stopped fermenting by then?

• itboffin
    Hmm even though I had blood tests and a check up i'm still not 100% sure this isn't something nasty waiting to happen, I realise the Internet is the worst place to search of health matters but ... I have the following symptoms.

- Squeezing chest pain
    - Shortness of breath
    - Tightness in chest
    - Recurring chest discomfort
    - Indigestion gas-like pain
    - Fatigue
    - Discomfort/pain left shoulder blade

I've not heard of Gastro causing those symptoms before :?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    Could be more than one thing, rather than a single cause, but it sounds like you need to make a PITA of yourself at the doctors' until they get to the bottom of it. Hope it isn't anything too serious.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • wyadvd
    wyadvd Posts: 590
    Maxticate wrote:
    Twostage wrote:

bristol-stool-scale.jpg

Knew a GI consultant who had a coffee mug with that embossed on the inside of the Mug...... lovely.

Seriously, any sort of sudden chest pain , call an ambulance and get an ECG, preferably;y during the pan, whether you think it is digestive in origin or not. most areas of the country now have emergency stenting as a 24hr service less than an hour's ride away, but only if you call an ambulance and you have ST elevation and chest pain. If you walk into A and E under your own steam then forget it. by the time the junior doctors have realised you are having a STEMI it will be too late for a stent to do your heart any real good. phone an ambulance. If you are not having a heart attack the they will leave you alone.
  • itboffin wrote:
    Hmm even though I had blood tests and a check up i'm still not 100% sure this isn't something nasty waiting to happen, I realise the Internet is the worst place to search of health matters but ... I have the following symptoms.

- Squeezing chest pain
    - Shortness of breath
    - Tightness in chest
    - Recurring chest discomfort
    - Indigestion gas-like pain
    - Fatigue
    - Discomfort/pain left shoulder blade

I've not heard of Gastro causing those symptoms before :?
    You're right you can scare the Type 7 out of yourself by Google-diagnosis.
  • itboffin
    On my way home again, feeling esp bad today. Had a mini meltdown on the journey in.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    itboffin wrote:
    On my way home again, feeling esp bad today. Had a mini meltdown on the journey in.

Go directly to doctor. Do not pass "Go". Do not collect £200
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    bails87 wrote:
    Maxticate wrote:
    Twostage wrote:

bristol-stool-scale.jpg

It's all upside-down, though. An FCN 7 would overtake anything...

you would be done and dusted after a couple of seconds... DDDesc if you will.

where as the smaller FCN's can give you a good 10-20 mins of output
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    Back OT I just got back from the docs seems i'm a bit of a mess really.

My cholesterol is 6.8, resting HR 79 and blood pressure was 137/87 added to which my liver function test was 60.

Whilst know of these are over the high limits they are all at max of normal, which given how well I eat and exercise plus the family history of heart attacks doesn't fill me with joy.

So more tests in two weeks.