Hart's win online?

2»

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I didn't pay, because the quality is awful. The bike manufacturers should be subsidising what is a low quality web broadcast. I don't always watch it when is free - delayed sound, interuptions, drop outs.

For free I can't complain. I will not pay for that.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    supersonic wrote:
    I didn't pay, because the quality is awful. The bike manufacturers should be subsidising what is a low quality web broadcast. I don't always watch it when is free - delayed sound, interuptions, drop outs.

Have to say, that wasn't my experience at all. Only criticism really was the chaotic women's race (which they could have controlled better, but was caused by the conditions). Didn't have any dropouts and the picture was decent (I just had it on a 22" monitor so I don't know how it'd look on a big screen, but I was very happy with it)

The world cup coverage is spottier- less cameras is a big problem. But for the Worlds they had 27 cameras on track. It's a higher quality package they put together. And teh viewing numbers are lower so they have less demand management issues.

I guess from a race organisation point of view, it seems odd on a 4 minute track to have 3 minute gaps- going out live you get at most 75% of a run and most of the time you get less. Just stretch that out by a minute for the top 10 and you could get almost the full run. Obviously there's practicalities with weather, stoppages etc but it'd make for a far better live TV event.

But really, I think it was a good value package.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'll take yor word for it, but they have to impress me more to part with my cash, going on the WC coverage. Need to set an example for me really, and while I have enjoyed it in parts, the technical faults have put me off. Money is tight!
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Freecaster have had issues this year for sure, and they screwed up the WC 4x for Mac users (jumpy video). However, I did watch the DH live and replay in HD without flaws. Only problem was Pagey and Warner screaming into the mic causing the sound to go off a bit.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • It's called Slo-Mo, it's the only way to fly.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7pVitwHPEY
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    God that's weird, Rob Warner at half speed sounds exactly like Nigel Page.
    Uncompromising extremist