Hart's win online?

felix.london
felix.london Posts: 4,067
edited September 2011 in MTB general
Anyone know where I can watch the DH final from yesterday online?

Apparently there's some 'VTT' on French TV on Wednesday so hopefully they'll show it then. But sounded like an awesome performance from our lad
"Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    It wasn't just awesome, it was well beyond that. I hope it appears online somewhere so you can see it. Only Gwin was even close and he just couldn't hold it together at that speed. It was definitely the best DH riding I have ever seen.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick
    Cheeky recording on youtube - the problem is, if you don't see everyone else struggling, you'd think he was cruising!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NLcLqT4SwE
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Holly crap! Thats INSANE!!
  • evo3ben
    evo3ben Posts: 552
    Absolutley brilliant!! Be watching Hart through the season in the World Cup and he is just getting better and better.
    I have been waiting for the World Champs to become 'unlocked' on freecaster but no joy yet :(
  • Well played out run! Respect!

That commentator was a bit over the top though!
  • othello
    othello Posts: 578
    THAT WHIP!

Oh to be young and carefree!
    Blogging about junior road bikes http://junior-road-bikes.tumblr.com
  • othello
    othello Posts: 578
    Well played out run! Respect!

That commentator was a bit over the top though!

Sounds like you don't watch freecaster that often?! Rob Warner is a legend and Page is a good sidekick :)
    Blogging about junior road bikes http://junior-road-bikes.tumblr.com
  • That run is amazing... :shock:
  • benpinnick
    othello wrote:
    THAT WHIP!

Oh to be young and carefree!

... and mega skilled.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • That was insane... that foot out drift was ridiculous! Amazing stuff.
    On-One Whippet Singlespeed
    Raleigh Airlite 400
    On-One Fatty (for sale)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Says the video is private.
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    supersonic wrote:
    Says the video is private.
    Getting that message here too. Check your PMs.

slainte :wink: rob
  • There's a few clips of the whole rum from freecaster on youtube if you can't see this one.
  • Danny-T
    Danny-T Posts: 129
    edited September 2011
    tried to sign up for Freecaster, was willing to pay but my account messed up and couldn't be arsed to keep trying. Then the internets went ballistic with his run, well wish I'd sorted it out. Definitely paying next year, and hooking a 'puter up to the TV.

"How does he sit down with balls that big?!" - classic Warner :P
  • benpinnick
    ...if freecaster is still doing Mtb next year :(
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Danny-T
    yeah I've been trying to figure out where all that has stemmed from. One minute there's uproar that UCI have some tinpot new sponsor (which it seems like they do), the next Freecaster aren't doing coverage next year? I don't see the relationship, where's the real info?
  • benpinnick
    As I understand it, some website from some half arsed euro country has bought the sponsorship rights for world cups next year, and I think that they want / have the streaming rights for the whole thing. Which sucks. Freecaster were getting good! I'll miss warner and pagey's nonsense :(
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick
    @supersonic Ypu know about BR web stuff. What's the uniques on BR per day?
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Danny-T
    According to Si Paton (on the British Downhill Series facebook page), they interviewed Rocky Road and surmised the following:

"What I can say regards the deal for 2012 onwards:
    -No media restrictions in place.
    -UCI pay the production costs of the live coverage (this is historically the case).
    --UCI then sell those rights.
    -No TV rights have been included in the deal.
    -This Freecaster three year deal finished this year.
    -The rights for the T.V coverage are up for tender"
  • supersonic
    benpinnick wrote:
    @supersonic Ypu know about BR web stuff. What's the uniques on BR per day?

Don't understand whatyou are asking!
  • benpinnick
    Do you know how many peeps visit Bikeradar.com per day? Just to compare to Rocky Road.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • I just watched it on

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/D ... turman,109

with my kids. They thought it was awesome too. :D
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • :shock:

Speechless.

Saw Warners ride in the wet the other day and how much of a struggle it was.

Simply speechless.
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    DON'T WATCH IT BY ITSELF!

Seriously, wait til the Freecaster highlights, see it in context, get the full effect- it's all the more impressive after seeing the track bring down so many amazing riders.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • The Northern Monkey
    The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
    edited September 2011
    Northwind wrote:

Seriously, wait til the Freecaster highlights, see it in context, get the full effect- it's all the more impressive after seeing the track bring down so many amazing riders.

if its anything like the xc worlds last year, you'll have to pay for the highlights too! lets hope not!

as i thought... needs to be unlucked..
    http://uk.freecaster.tv/mountainbike/10 ... men-replay
  • phz
    Northwind wrote:
    Agreed, but it was enough of a PITA to get just Hart's run up onto Youtube quickly (it's my dodgy vid Jedi linked) without worrying about the context - being on Linux I couldn't easily find a way to rip it directly and had to go down the film-the-screen route. There are now better quality versions around but the run was so good I wanted to make it available ASAP.

Having said that, I agree that it makes more (impressively so) sense in the context of the other riders.

Seems (like Vettel in F1) that Gwin is vulnerable when properly pushed.

slainte :) rob
  • supersonic
    It was an amazing, ballsy run - but I have seen this so many times before in the last 20 years. Nico, Peat, Gee, Minaar and definitely Hill. He has to make it stick next year.

Gwin is the most consistent at the moment, and will still be the man to beat. Greg will always be there and there abouts, as will Gee. Can Hart improve on his 4th overall in the WC? He hasn't won a round yet. If he stays injury free and the gambles pay off, he might do it. But I'll always put my money on Gwin, Gee and Greg.
  • phz
    That's the pay-off though I guess. Not sure Hart can take the World Cup but in a world Champs one-off situation on a technical course I think he's probably the best 'reactive' bike handler on the circuit right now.

Gwin seems to be (for want of a better turn of phrase) more 'professional' in his approach to the overall series if that makes sense?

slainte :) rob
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I could be wrong but I think free highlights turn up on Freecaster at a later date.
    pHz wrote:
    Seems (like Vettel in F1) that Gwin is vulnerable when properly pushed.

Aye... But then, his run up til that point was mentally fast, only a little bit down on Hart despite not taking That Line. It's a shame he didn't manage a clean run, I think it'd have been interesting to see how the two different approaches weighed up without that crash...
    Uncompromising extremist
  • l0key
    l0key Posts: 25
    still amazed at the number of people bitching about having to pay £15 to what equates to streams for all of 2011 world cups and the champs, (I know only the champs needed to be paid for but it subsidies the costs of the cups), when a large number are a happy enough bunch to spend several thousand on bikes and bits to enjoy our hobby.

payup freetards or they'll be no chance of watching it live/replayed for free with Rob "look at the time" warner and pagey in the future.

back on subject, harts run was just nuts, instead of dealing with a tricky corner, fuck it lets just cut it out completely :-) .

can't forget minnar for next year, sure the young'uns are there but minnar gotta be itching to teach em a lesson.