Boardman pro ht 2011 problems

2»

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    If the bike is a month old it is due for its first free service - the service is there to sort teething problems like this. Book it in, tell them, and hopefully when back it will be cured. Really isn't Evans problem and having another shop strip and sort out what may be a faulty part can invalidate your warranty.

Yoiu will need to learn some maintenance and adjustment skills though.
  • S-M
    S-M Posts: 174
    Approx 5 months in and Halfords have just replaced my rear axle/bearings/freehub under warranty as they failed.

They have been replaced by different spec parts, a "clicky" freehub (not too bothered about this) a rear axle that has black cup/lock nuts instead of silver (not bothered about this either but.........)

I fitted the rear wheel back into the bike 2 days ago and the brake disc has now moved over to the non drive side a little too much, i have adjusted the calliper as far as i can without modification and the disc still rubs on the pad a little, enough to stop it free spinning in about 2 rotations, i have not had any free time to look at it further, it may be that the new cup/lock nuts are a little shorter than the old versions.

I was thinking maybe a simple washer will help space it..
    1999 Specialized FSR Elite MAX Backbone.
    1998 Specialized FSR Ground Control - stripped for parts.
    2011 Boardman Pro HT - SOLD! (low quality, expensive garbage)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Try pushing the pistons right back into their bores, then pumping the brake lever a few times. The pistons will need resetting if things have changed.
  • S-M
    S-M Posts: 174
    I believe that will not be enough, it looked to me that the rotor was touching the disc mount on the frame!

If it is not touching, then it is unbelievably close, the paint/powder coat looks like its wearing away, IIRC i could not get the calliper centered over the disc.

I removed the calliper, and then the calliper mount, making sure everything was as far over to the none drive side as i could upon refitting, and the calliper was still not centred.

I will have another look tomorrow after work, i think i may have to either shim the wheel over a smidge, or start elongating the calliper holes a little more :/

Not that keen on elongating the holes.....
    1999 Specialized FSR Elite MAX Backbone.
    1998 Specialized FSR Ground Control - stripped for parts.
    2011 Boardman Pro HT - SOLD! (low quality, expensive garbage)
  • jon1993
    jon1993 Posts: 596
    my carrera did this i just put a little washer in one side of the wheel and shifter in across a mm or 2 - i know its not idea but it worked. get halfords to sort it.
    Scott Spark 30 carbon custom build
    Giant Faith 2 DH bike
    Boardman pro 2011
    Boardman team carbon 2010
    Carrera kracken 2009
    Specialized fsr pro 2009
    Haro custom build
    Cannondale custom build