Always a riding god or are you sometimes a bit rubbish?

13»

Comments

• Ghostt
    Ghostt Posts: 192
    So it's not just me who suffers from those 'oh why do I bother' moments!

Funny how much I find my riding can change from day to day. One day, I'll fly up hills, float over jumps and manage the trickiest turns, yet the next I'll struggle to even get up the hill to the woods.

I have found that riding with someone else really helps, especially if they know the trails well. That way, you can see how fast they are going and what line they're taking and follow suit. Handy when you're only just managing to crank the pedals!

On a slightly different note, it's refreshing to see how positive, and honest, everyone is. Seems to be a case of 'oh well, I don't feel great/I'm not a riding God. Let's get on with it!' rather than throwing in the towel.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T.S. Eliot
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I had a nightmare ride earlier... I'd done FtD and Monkey on the XC bike and it went brilliantly, did the start of FtD on the 456 on the way to Stile Cop and it was a nightmare, nowt worked for me (and I've done the trail fine on it before so it wasn't the bike) nearly had an off on Stegosaurus, fell off the log just a little further along, struggled to find any grip on the pedals... but then once I got to Stile Cop everything started clicking again... weird
  • Top thread....

Good to see most of the regular posters have off days too, and I see a bit of myself in most of the posts (except any reference to being remotely good!) :lol:

Been over the bars 3 times in as many weeks, caught my knees in some way each time and split them so i invested in some knee pads.....each time though youve just got to dust off, rinse and repeat

What keeps me going is when you nail a section (especially in front of someone) and they for that split second might actually think your a riding god, despite the fact that you stacked it into a tree just out of sight round the next bend.....