New Pedals

2»

Comments

• tank121
    tank121 Posts: 201
    that's correct but what about getting the old ones off!

what grease?

I don't like the disclaimer on the superstar box "the sharp bits on these pedals are sharp and will cause rippage, bleeding, pain. Please wear protection " just like sex then!

do I need to worry?
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Well then get a spanner... most pedals are 12mm, pretty much any grease will do, and do it up until it's tight, just not so tight that you won't get it off again...

probably not, i don't wear shin pads with them, i do have some cuts on my calves from them from last weekend though.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Well then get a spanner... most pedals are 12mm, pretty much any grease will do, and do it up until it's tight, just not so tight that you won't get it off again...

probably not, i don't wear shin pads with them, i do have some cuts on my calves from them from last weekend though.

15mm
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    tank121 wrote:

what grease?

I don't like the disclaimer on the superstar box "the sharp bits on these pedals are sharp and will cause rippage, bleeding, pain. Please wear protection " just like sex then!

do I need to worry?

You will bleed.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    cooldad wrote:
    tank121 wrote:

what grease?

do I need to worry?

You will bleed.

Indeed you will. I havwe some rather nice scarring in my shins from said Pinheads.

Lots of pins = lots of grips = lots of pain and bleeding if you get it wrong, which you will.
  • tank121
    ped1.jpg
  • tank121
    ped2.jpg[/img]
  • tank121
    Time for new cranks now what do you reckon ?

My new forks and grips and bar ends and now pedals look cool.

Hopefully my new disc brakes formulas will get fitted by Saturday. Currently that is one
    job I don't want to do. I know you say it's easy..