My On-One Carbon 456

2»

Comments

• On-One have them for £299 at the minute, I would get clicking!
  • J273
    J273 Posts: 382
    With you going for the 18" how tall are you?

Wouldn't mind one of these myself

Thanks
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    MAtty, you are lucky dude! I got the exact same frame and had to wait 2 weeks for them to send me the correct drop out bolts. They ignored my first two requests, after saying they'd send them the same day. Third time I rang they were very apologetic and said they'd send them the same day. Next day a package arrived...can you guess what it was? ONE SINGLE DROP OUT BOLT! not 4, but 1!! The 'tards, I was not impressed at all. Eventually they sent the 4 out.

Did you have any issues getting them into the bosses on the frame though? Mine's not built up yet, i've gotta wait a while and get all my bits, but I offered the dropouts to the frame and they're REALLY tight. I'm nervous that if I screw them the frame might crack or something. It almost feels like the holes in the dropout are in the slightly wrong place.

I'm loving your bike though mate, quite possibly the best 456 i've seen yet. Those wheels are fit! And the green works well.

Get some more pics up!

Oh, and j273, i also got the 18" and i'm 6'3". Not got the longest legs though, and I prefer a smaller frame. Hope it isn't too small though! :)
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • Deezer-D wrote:
    On-One have them for £299 at the minute, I would get clicking!
    I clicked :)

Frame looks great. just waiting on the Hope Headset and then i'll finish the build.

Didn't have any issues with the dropouts - all the bolts were there. The holes were a little 'snug' but all went in fine.
  • Brian-Mc wrote:
    Looks sweet.
    i'm this close to clicking on the buy on the on-one website for this frame in 16"
    Did the Hope D pick and mix bottom cup come withe the race for the forks too? (i'm presuming it did - and Evans current say they have them in stock for the same price as The Bike Chain.
    Ta

Yes, the hope pick'n'mix headset comes with the race; its one with a small gap in it so it fits very easily :) None of this tapping it down flat with a screwdriver/hammer business!
    J273 wrote:
    With you going for the 18" how tall are you?

Wouldn't mind one of these myself

Thanks

I'm 6ft 2" with inside leg of 32" and I'm more than happy with the 18" although I know a lot of people the same height would probably rather the 20" version for comfort; but then its all about personal preference; it is on the smaller side for my height, but that's how I prefer my bikes.
    crazy88 wrote:
    MAtty, you are lucky dude! I got the exact same frame and had to wait 2 weeks for them to send me the correct drop out bolts. They ignored my first two requests, after saying they'd send them the same day. Third time I rang they were very apologetic and said they'd send them the same day. Next day a package arrived...can you guess what it was? ONE SINGLE DROP OUT BOLT! not 4, but 1!! The 'tards, I was not impressed at all. Eventually they sent the 4 out.

Did you have any issues getting them into the bosses on the frame though? Mine's not built up yet, i've gotta wait a while and get all my bits, but I offered the dropouts to the frame and they're REALLY tight. I'm nervous that if I screw them the frame might crack or something. It almost feels like the holes in the dropout are in the slightly wrong place.

I'm loving your bike though mate, quite possibly the best 456 i've seen yet. Those wheels are fit! And the green works well.

Get some more pics up!

Oh, and j273, i also got the 18" and i'm 6'3". Not got the longest legs though, and I prefer a smaller frame. Hope it isn't too small though! :)

Seems you had a bit of a nightmare there.... I rang them first thing after I got the frame and they sent all 4 out the next day for me; the guy on the phone did mention that they'd had this problem before and that he'd raise the issue with the warehouse to ensure they send the right bolts out.... I didn't have any problems with the bolts when they arrived, just don't over-tighten them or you will probably damage the frame!

I fell in love with the rims when I first saw them and had to buy them!....The green is a great look but for longer XC rides the heavier rims are a bit harder to haul around, but nothing a bit of fitness will sort ;)

Will get some photos up with the bike fully built later tonight!
  • looking good
    Saracen Kili Flyer TI
  • looking good
    Saracen Kili Flyer TI
  • Hey man,

Nice work on the build! I'm starting on my 456 at the mo, just a quick question...

Didi you use a proper headset press when installing the cups? I've used a home-made setup (massive bolt, mole grips and a spanner) for previous bikes, but i'm not too sure about using it on a carbon frame. Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Jon
  • wideboy
    wideboy Posts: 206
    Do on-one still make the carbon matt un decaled 456 frame?? i could only see a satin finish?
  • I can not see the matt black version, i have the satin and am very happy with it
  • So finally got round to taking a photo of the finished (for now) bike....

20120910_175643.jpg

Build stuff....
    Fox vanilla R 140
    Hope headset & head doctor
    Hope BB
    Hope Pro 2 EVO + Stans flow (white)
    ODI Ruffian grips (troy lee designs)
    RaceFace Deus XC bars/stem
    Shimano XT 10 Speed groupset
    Formula Mega brakes + 180mm aligator rotors
    FSA Carbon seatpost + WTB Saddle + Hope QR Seatclamp
    DMR V8 Pedals