Winter Training

mbhuw
mbhuw Posts: 79
Alright, so i've really gotten into my cycling this summer and can't get enough of it. Unfortunately it will soon be winter and the roads around me will be covered in snow and ice (most the roads i cycle on are backroads and therefore i don't fancy meeting a car on the ice) I wanted to know what you think is the best winter training, whether it be workouts or just having a break.
Also i'm thinking of getting a turbo trainer, would that be the best training for the winter?

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Are you in the UK? if so the roads won't actually be covered in snow and ice for many days through the winter.

What are you training for?
    More problems but still living....
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    mbhuw wrote:
    Alright, so i've really gotten into my cycling this summer and can't get enough of it. Unfortunately it will soon be winter and the roads around me will be covered in snow and ice (most the roads i cycle on are backroads and therefore i don't fancy meeting a car on the ice) I wanted to know what you think is the best winter training, whether it be workouts or just having a break.
    Also i'm thinking of getting a turbo trainer, would that be the best training for the winter?

I think I can predict what your next two blog posts are going to be......
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Pseudonym wrote:
    mbhuw wrote:

I think I can predict what your next two blog posts are going to be......

I can't wait. If theres one thing the internet needs, its more people who don't know what they're talking about offering advice
  • MTB, turbo, walking boots and snowshoes, cross country skis(Just bought some, never done it before, this should be a laugh....)
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    yourblogtshirt.jpg
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.