Severe weather warning issued for London

13»

Comments

• kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    kelsen wrote:
    We have individual shower rooms at my office. 10 minutes with the hairdryer nozzle stuck into each shoe/sock and I'm sorted for the ride home

8)

I used to put them on the radiator in my office - but my team complained about the smell in meetings...

Do you have those Dyson air blade handdryers at work? They are great for drying wet gear. I shoved my sports towel in one and it took less than a minute to dry out!
  • Wasnt that bad this morning apart from the wind, started raining halfway to office so I got damp on top but had put overshoes on just in case so shoes are dry :) and rest of kit hung in shower room and dries out in an hour or so...

Still raining tho... :(
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Got another p*ncture this morning. Rear wheel this time. That's 3 in 2 days. F8cking Gatorskins my arse.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Got another p*ncture this morning. Rear wheel this time. That's 3 in 2 days. F8cking Gatorskins my ars*.

Me too, wtf?! Didn't have my pump with me so had to walk from Cheyne Walk to Clapham Junction to get the train back. Where was the support car?!
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Gave up on Gatorskins a while back. Very very few issues with Duranos so far, have a plus on the back and S on the front.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Worn out a Durano S with an emergency stop yesterday. Nowhere nearby does Duranos so I've bought a 4 Seasons to put on at lunch time. I expect to be unimpressed so I've ordered some new Duranos as well.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
    Are gatorskins that bad? I got some to put on my alfine bike so I wouldn't have to take the rear wheel off often. Mistake? They're not on it yet...
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    pangolin wrote:
    Are gatorskins that bad? I got some to put on my alfine bike so I wouldn't have to take the rear wheel off often. Mistake? They're not on it yet...

Well this is the first "proper" puncture I've had on gatorskins, and its my third set (the first two having been used until they were worn out). The only other puncture I've had with them was a pinch flat from hitting a pothole with low tyre pressure. I'm probably going to keep using them.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I'm off the bike at the mo - gutted - i love the rain - hopefully shouldnt be too long and i am sure it will still be raining.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Asprilla wrote:
    Worn out a Durano S with an emergency stop yesterday. Nowhere nearby does Duranos so I've bought a 4 Seasons to put on at lunch time. I expect to be unimpressed so I've ordered some new Duranos as well.

4seasons are my preferred choice for 23mm commuting tyres.

Using GatorSkins at the moment as I wanted to try out an extra safe cheaper thicker rubber. Personally done me proud so far but 4seasons are feather lite by comparison and offer more grip and reassurance in the wet.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Using GatorSkins at the moment as I wanted to try out an extra safe cheaper thicker rubber.
    Would have saved you a lot of upcoming trouble
    Personally done me proud so far but 4seasons are feather lite by comparison and offer more grip and reassurance in the wet.

:lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I love Gatorskins - there's obviously summink Darn Sarf left over from the riots that Gatorskins can't cope with.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
    I'll go ahead and fit them in that case. What can go wrong. :D
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    pangolin wrote:
    I'll go ahead and fit them in that case. What can go wrong. :D

Well - according to Don, you won't get pregnant. :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport