Schwalbe Rocket Ron Evo - £14.99

2»

Comments

• felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    A set of nobby nice just arrived this morning from on one - £19.99 each. They aren't oem and arrived properly boxed. They are the 2009 model though so are heavier than the 2011s as stated on the website.

I just ordered a Nobby Nic and a Racing Ralph from On One - :evil:

Maybe I should have paid another £25 and got them from CRC?

Oh...just checked the On One site - it does state "2009 Model" for the Nobby :oops:

No year stated on the Ralph though - should I expect a 2011 model? :?
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    A set of nobby nice just arrived this morning from on one - £19.99 each. They aren't oem and arrived properly boxed. They are the 2009 model though so are heavier than the 2011s as stated on the website.

I just ordered a Nobby Nic and a Racing Ralph from On One - :evil:

Maybe I should have paid another £25 and got them from CRC?

Oh...just checked the On One site - it does state "2009 Model" for the Nobby :oops:

No year stated on the Ralph though - should I expect a 2011 model? :?

Probably a 2010 RaRa, but why not phone and ask? I've got a pair if DD RaRas, NNs and P RoRos all cheap and all work. NNs were 2010 not 2009
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    New to all this. Presumed all tyres would be 2011 models :?

So if it doesn't state what year what do I presume? 2010? - yeah OK phone and ask...

Seems a bit cheeky to me - because when researching a tyre you go to the manufacturers website and their descriptions are obviously for the latest models..

..anyway - thanks for shedding some light on it
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    They are the 2009 model though so are heavier than the 2011s as stated on the website.

The Evo tyres did not get lighter for 2011 - they just gained new compounds and a tubeless ready bead. The fact they're heavier is not linked to their age. The 2009 ones were the same weight as the newer ones. Nics are heavier than Rons anyway - different carcass. Still, if you know there's gonna be 570g then it's no issue!

I'l buy them cheap and overweight... believe me... 150g is going to make VERY little difference to my bike or the overall weight Smile

Why bother then? They're known for being decent lightweight tyres, whilst they're still good, I see much less point when they're heavier than many alternatives (at 550g+ a Spesh Captain is lighter, cheaper and grippier).
    150g doesnt sound like a lot but its actually over a 1/4 lb, just something to think about

It's near as damn it 1/3 of a pound in fact.
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    I did my rear on (guessing) a sharp bit of stone today, 1cm long gash. Stan's sticky stuff was being blown out of the hole.

Glad it only cost me £14.99... :D Though the bin men might complain that it's a bit heavy... :wink:
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets