I got hit today

2»

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Hmm, I have a mate in New York for 4 weeks. Maybe I ship something to her :twisted:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Nice. The guy who clipped me while overtaking didn't actually notice, although he was equally apologetic.

It's a Mondeo, by the way, not an EON :-)
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    davis wrote:
    Nice. The guy who clipped me while overtaking didn't actually notice, although he was equally apologetic.

It's a Mondeo, by the way, not an EON :-)

<facepalm> :wink: (to explain - there's another clip lurking on here somewhere of an EON van nearly taking me out. This guy in this latest vid had an EON work pass hanging around his neck - hence my comment about another EON driver
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Glad youre ok mate, i think that the driver only pulled over because he had reached his destination and didn't expect to see you keeping pace with him, if the company want the video show him for the poor driver that he is.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Glad youre ok mate, i think that the driver only pulled over because he had reached his destination and didn't expect to see you keeping pace with him, if the company want the video show him for the poor driver that he is.

He did actually go past me a couple of minutes later, so I know he hadn't got to where he was heading.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    DrLex wrote:
    Kieran,
    Thanks for that- I'd best stop reading the "bargain" thread so as to save up.

Refreshing to see the chap stop & apologise; apparently there's a letter of apology coming from the van driver that caused me to crash, according to the PC dealing with the matter. It's been a month, so I assume standards of literacy match those of driving...

amazon had/have an offer at the moment.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VholdR-ContourH ... B002QGSYZ4

£149.95 now!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Glad youre ok mate, i think that the driver only pulled over because he had reached his destination and didn't expect to see you keeping pace with him, if the company want the video show him for the poor driver that he is.

Now you don't always have to think the worst of people. Even those who assume we are all riding at 2 mph can have consciences*.

Glad you are ok Kieran!

* eg the bus driver today who decided to half overtake me and then start indicating (and moving) towards a bus stop whilst he was alongside me. I gave him a bit of a look and when he past me again a few minutes later he gave me a gap you could have parked a 747 in :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......