chadders81 Posts: 744
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
These look like good value....

Shame I am skint.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CLOOMER/on- ... dium=email

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Was just looking at the planet X ones - for that sort of price i am definatly going to be getting me one ( or two :D ) for the winter commute when it aint raining.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Ordered one earlier. Not 100% sure of the sizing as Planet X is Italian sizes but the On-One look to be normal. A medium is on the way so we'll see.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Thanks.... I think... Not like I already purchased loads during the rapha sale...Grrr!
    :lol:
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    nevr worn wool on the bike before. This place does seem to have abit of a w__kfest about Merino wool tops.... Why do people like them so much?:P
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    rebs wrote:
    nevr worn wool on the bike before. This place does seem to have abit of a w__kfest about Merino wool tops.... Why do people like them so much?:P

Only one way to find out ;)

...ok so it's the fact they don't smell!
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    rebs wrote:

Not got any true cycling ones, but have used a brace of Musto long sleeved tops this year on an almost daily basis. Light, give some warmth, don't get soaked through like cotton, allow some air & moisture through, don't pong after a couple of days' use. Like a micro fleece, but without the static shock. Shame they don't come out of the washing machine as dry as fleece.

The sleeveless ones at Planet X are £12.99- worth a punt?
  • Coolnick
    Coolnick Posts: 380
    Got one of these, one word awesome. Used it all weekend biking round peaks and no hint of any smell and wicked well.
    Boardman HT Comp 2012>
    Spesh Rockhopper 2004 - 2012
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I have two that I bought in the Jan sales for £19.99 each one large and one medium, the large i'd say is slightly bigger than most large tops I have ie Castelli, campag or Mavic.

They work perfectly on hot or cold days and even keep you warm when soaked through eg. this years Magnificat :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Wrath Rob
    DrLex wrote:
    rebs wrote:

Not got any true cycling ones, but have used a brace of Musto long sleeved tops this year on an almost daily basis. Light, give some warmth, don't get soaked through like cotton, allow some air & moisture through, don't pong after a couple of days' use. Like a micro fleece, but without the static shock.
    +1 to all of that.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,950
    edited August 2011
    Darnation, I cannot decide between a small and a medium.

I'm about a 38" chest/70KG/5ft 10", which would suggest a medium, but on their staff wearing them page, there is a chap similar chest in a small, and someone just below slightly heavier than me in a medium :?

Contemplating buying one small and one medium, and either using one for cycing/running, if it's the small one that fits ok, and if so keep the medium one as casual around the house or send it back.

Anyone else got a small or medium one of these, and if so how do you find them, are they a snug fit fit and meant to be so?

ITB, how do you find the sizing on your tops...?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Daniel B wrote:

I'm about a 38" chest/70KG/5ft 10", which would suggest a medium, but on their staff wearing them page, there is a chap similar chest in a small, and someone just below slightly heavier than me in a medium Confused

Contemplating buying one small and one medium, and either using one for cycing/running, if it's the small one that fits ok, and if so keep the medium one as casual around the house or send it back.

Anyone else got a small or medium one of these, and if so how do you find them, are they a snug fit fit and meant to be so?

I've got a Medium in the black/white and it's pretty snug fit, particularly in the arms. 40" chest/68kg/5'7.
    Misguided Idealist
  • tx14
    tx14 Posts: 244
    Daniel B wrote:

I'm about a 38" chest/70KG/5ft 10", which would suggest a medium, but on their staff wearing them page, there is a chap similar chest in a small, and someone just below slightly heavier than me in a medium Confused

I have one in small. it's a good (not tight) fit for me and I'm 5'5'' 51kg with 36 chest. so size medium is probably best for you.
    I'm very tempted to get another one, it's a great piece of kit. my only criticism is that my already small hands barely goes through the sleeves.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Tempted.

My chest is 46" as measured last night which put me at an XL. However it also has a belly to go round. What is the waist fitting like?

tx14 55kgs, two of you would not make one of me!
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I am 5'11 with about 36-38 in chest 70kg, and was looking at the small ones too.

Would an M be better? Looking at the pictures, 5ft4 @ 70 kg is a bigger build than me, as I have an extra 9 inches in height for the same weight.

then 72kg might be closer. I reckon 34in might be a bit too small.

Whats the best type of fit? Is it best to have a super snug fit or a bit of room?
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 290
    ordered in Large... tricky, because the Large is slightly too large, and the medium slightly too small. I'm working on the theory that it will probably shrink back a bit. But if it turns out to be way too big, i'll post up for a swap-shop!
    B'Twin Sport 1
    FCN 7 =4, +2(non cycling clothes) +1(beard)
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,950
    Thankyou all, I have gone for a medium, alas am on holiday from tomorrow for 3 weeks so will not be able to report back on the fit!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sod it. Gone for medium

p.s thanks for the heads up! Gutted the bib tights are sold out tho
  • sketchley
    Sod it gone for XXL.
    --
    Chris

• gilesjuk
    gilesjuk Posts: 340
    I've already got two. I think I've washed them once as they don't develop that stale smell. They're comfy all year around.
  • godders1
    godders1 Posts: 750
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    ....Planet X is Italian sizes.....
    Perhaps a tad snugger than normal clothes but not enough so to be "italian" I don't think. My extra large Giordana jersey is a tighter fit than my large Planet X.
  • dcurzon wrote:
    ordered in Large... tricky, because the Large is slightly too large, and the medium slightly too small. I'm working on the theory that it will probably shrink back a bit. But if it turns out to be way too big, i'll post up for a swap-shop!

The postman just delivered my Large one (no sniggering!) and it's a pretty snug fit - I'm more long bodied than large (12 St, 6ft1) so usually have to make do with a bit of bagginess just to get the length. This though fits me very nicely. I doubt that it's going to turn out to be way too big for you.
  • Wrath Rob
    My medium has just arrived perfect fit for me.

To be clear, Planet-X is road bike stuff and follows Italian sizes so I need a large for the Planet-X jerseys. From this, On-One is more MTB focused and therefore the sizing seems to be regular. So a medium works for me.
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon wrote:

The postman just delivered my Large one (no sniggering!) and it's a pretty snug fit - I'm more long bodied than large (12 St, 6ft1) so usually have to make do with a bit of bagginess just to get the length. This though fits me very nicely. I doubt that it's going to turn out to be way too big for you.

Cool. I'm 5'11 and about 11 3/4 st, so should be about right
    B'Twin Sport 1
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon wrote:

Cool. I'm 5'11 and about 11 3/4 st, so should be about right

EDIT: just arrived 5 minutes ago. Fits fine :)
    B'Twin Sport 1
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    5ft 10, 40 chest and 85kg.

My mate ordered mine, LARGE, and can't try it till Saturday.

In the meantime, if I ordered another, would another large be right?
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • dcurzon

i'm 5'11, 40 chest, 78kg. Large fits me ok, perhaps an inch too long on the sleeves (bigger shoulders would take this up). theres a bit of room around the tummy.
    B'Twin Sport 1
  • dcurzon

i'm 5'11, 40 chest, 78kg. Large fits me ok, perhaps an inch too long on the sleeves (bigger shoulders would take this up). theres a bit of room around the tummy.
    B'Twin Sport 1
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Cool!

Sounds like large is spot on. Shame really, they're all out of them now!
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • sketchley
    XXL here. Fits nice. Arms a little long but not a problem.
    --
    Chris

• Mine's just arrived and I'm really impressed with it. Well worth £20!

My only regret is that I only bought the one :cry: