Recovery

Tonymufc
Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
After doing a bit of reading on the subject, there are lots of products on the market that are 'cycling specific' recovery products. These obviously all contain protein, amongst other things. At the moment when I get home after a hard ride I tend to throw a tin of tuna down my neck. My question is simply would a normal non branded packet of whey protein still do the same job of feeding the muscles? I appreciate that everyone will have their own method, and some probably don't use recovery products.

Cheers, Tony.

Comments

• danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Tonymufc wrote:
    My question is simply would a normal non branded packet of whey protein still do the same job of feeding the muscles?.

Yes
  • lef
    lef Posts: 728
    +1 protein drinks you are referring to dont have sufficient carbs. if you after a recovery specific drink then check out for goodness shakes or CNP. These are different than protein shakes. if you want to save cash then try milk and nesquik, may not be as effective though. goodness shakes is my recovery drink of choice.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I don't find recovery drinks help me.

Other day after a ride I had like some proper thick steaks and I was no better the next day.
  • milese
    milese Posts: 1,233
    I think it is virtually impossible to really know how much, if at all, it helps, but if science and marketing says it does then I'm all up for it.

I use the myprotein recovery XS, quite like it, tastes ok in strawberry and choc and hopefully makes a difference. Much cheaper than the more mainstream alternatives.