Eamonn Holmes has fat sweaty man boobs.

2»

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Redhog14 wrote:

Another journo another day... they are all fannies!

And Paul Dacre's meetings are nicknamed 'The Vagina Monlogues' by his underlings because he's apparently so fond of telling them they're all cu....fannies! :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    pangolin wrote:
    The photo captions are just incredible...
    Taking up the tarmac: Competitors are spread across the entire width of the road along the London-Surrey route
    Wide berth: Even The Mall in London had to be cordoned off to allow the cyclists through
    Tourist attraction: The leading pack did draw some support from cycle fans as they hit the home straight down The Mall
    Just staggeringly stupid really.

Quiet roads in the morning in Kingston were lovely. I wish they'd kept them closed longer!
    Not exactly a walk in the park: Normally peaceful Richmond Park was on the cyclists' route

Yeah, those bloody noisy cyclists ruining the park. And all those closed roads, the silent cars, busses and lorries couldn't use it because of all those noisy, smoky bikes......
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    edited August 2011
    bails87 wrote:

Yeah, those bloody noisy cyclists ruining the park. And all those closed roads, the silent cars, busses and lorries couldn't use it because of all those noisy, smoky bikes......

You'd be hard pressed to find a bus or lorry in Richmond park.

More cyclists are on it during the weekend than were there in the peloton.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,381
    Tempted to post his on the DM comments, but it would probably deleted by the Mods.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/bike-blog/2011/aug/15/cyclists-paved-way-for-roads

Not to mention falling on deaf and extremely stupid ears. Last time IO checked back they were waist deep in a Road Tax rant.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Stupid article and stupid comments - http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... -london.do

I don't own a car or even hold a license. I appreciate that for some this isn't an option. But it amazes me that so many people, on a Sunday, with months of prior warning, can't do without their cars for just a few hours.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    notsoblue wrote:
    Why do you have to insult the way this guy looks when what he's actually said is self evidently ridiculous?

Insult? I thought the thread title was MBC's equivalent of "phworr".

There did appear to be quite a significant amount of chaos for what amounted to really not very many cyclists. It's not like it was the London to Brighton, or the London marathon or even a footie match where you're dealing with many thousands of people. There were what, 50 cyclists at most?

If anecdotes are to be believed, the roads were closed earlier than predicted, remained closed for longer than necessary, and were marshalled by peope who couldn't assist or provide any answers or advice. It's all well and good saying people just shouldn't use their cars for a day, but that's not really a great answer. If this is the precursor to how badly London will be affected by the Olympics then it will be chaos....