Eamonn Holmes has fat sweaty man boobs.

mybreakfastconsisted
mybreakfastconsisted Posts: 1,018
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
The weekend's road race upset some people:

@EamonnHolmes.tailbacks on A3+approaches to M25+in other direction to Wimbledon.Due to flamin Olympic bikes.Keep sport in a stadium.

Cos there's never any congestion around, say, football stadiums.

Comments

• Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Chopper.
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    If there weren't all those cars on the road there wouldn't have been the traffic jam.

Stuff like this doesn't bother me, it simply highlights him as someone who is embarassingly ignorant and he has chosen to highlight this to the world.

:oops:
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    If you're complaining about a traffic jam while you're sat in it, then you're basically complaining about your own actions :roll:
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Why do you have to insult the way this guy looks when what he's actually said is self evidently ridiculous?
  • Jason82
    Jason82 Posts: 142
    I am also outraged there was no big yellow notices or coverage to say that this event was going to happen weeks ahead so I could avoid travelling by car. :wink:
    Missing a Boardman cx team
    FCN = 9
  • If there weren't all those cars on the road there wouldn't have been the traffic jam.

Stuff like this doesn't bother me, it simply highlights him as someone who is embarassingly ignorant and he has chosen to highlight this to the world.

:oops:

I can't deny that it was pure gridlock cycling back from the Mall yesterday. But I have to say, as I filtered past, I didn't see a single cyclist holding traffic up. I was ready for some kind of confrontation, though: ''Those four-wheeled things blocking your way, are they bicycles?''
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    And he works for Sky, no?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • The Daily Mail (surprise surprise) are complaining that motorists had to abandon their cars and journeys of a couple of miles took a couple of hours; if they're only going a 2 miles, why not just bleeding walk then!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -cars.html
  • cjcp
    Don't they close odf roads for certain football and rugby matches?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,381
    cjcp wrote:

They do indeed. Not to mention the locality being full of beered-up 'fans'. The fallout from Chelsea matches turned Putney into a fairly unpleasant place in a car or on foot. What part of 'roads closed, avoid the area' do these halfwits not understand?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Reading some of the comments in the DM actually gives me hope :wink:

A LOT of people are basically saying "For God's sake there was LOADS of notice. Get a grip" 8)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • cjcp wrote:

And the marathon of course, but that's different because it doesn't involve cyclists!
  • cjcp
    cjcp wrote:

And the marathon of course, but that's different because it doesn't involve cyclists!

Good point!
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
    The photo captions are just incredible...
    Taking up the tarmac: Competitors are spread across the entire width of the road along the London-Surrey route
    Wide berth: Even The Mall in London had to be cordoned off to allow the cyclists through
    Tourist attraction: The leading pack did draw some support from cycle fans as they hit the home straight down The Mall
    Just staggeringly stupid really.

Quiet roads in the morning in Kingston were lovely. I wish they'd kept them closed longer!
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • You have signed up to receive tweets from Eamonn Holmes? :shock:
  • cjcp
    You have signed up to receive tweets from Eamonn Holmes? :shock:

Nah, he was widely re-tweeted yesterday.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • rjsterry
    This has to be the winner:
    Britain is simply too small a country to hold this sort of cycle race that causes chaos to motorists.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    rjsterry wrote:
    Britain is simply too small a country to hold this sort of cycle race that causes chaos to motorists.

Honestly, where do you even start with these people? You can't reason with them.
  • It looks like the DM has pulled the comments. So, which one of you was it? And what did you say? :lol:
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    they were there 5 mins ago or so
  • Paul E wrote:
    they were there 5 mins ago or so

If you refresh, don't you get this?
    We're sorry but reader comments are currently unavailable.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    rjsterry wrote:
    :lol::lol:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    There are a lot of angry bitter people on the internet. 'Cor!

It seems to be particular to the Mail for posters to refer to groups in society they they feel they belong to with really long compound adjectives.

Hard working, tax paying, law abiding, army supporting, unpretentious, British citizens.

Versus

Lycra louts, bleeding heart liberals etc.
  • cje
    cje Posts: 148
    It's sickening that I have to pay through the nose for roadtax so that these cyclists can swan about all over London. Some of them were foreign too, I've heard. You couldn't make it up.
  • I blame illegal immigrants.
  • cje
    cje Posts: 148
    I blame illegal immigrants.

Well, I'll have to resort to cycling when the mad mullah's of the council confiscate my car to give to some Somalian with nine kids. But at least I'll do it proper and ride on the pavement.
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    You can't blame him for getting mad about being stuck in traffic. He was fierce hungry, so he was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDtQdxn3UW0
    Rules are for fools.
  • rjsterry

It seems to be particular to the Mail for posters to refer to groups in society they they feel they belong to with really long compound adjectives.

Hard working, tax paying, law abiding, army supporting, unpretentious, British citizens.

Versus

But I fit ALL of those descriptions :?
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Just looked at Eamonn Holmes twitter feed and strangely he follows Lance Armstrong.

Presumably from a distance and in a car.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377

Versus

Or:
    There are a lot of compund adjectives particular to British Citzens to refer to hardworking, army supporting, really bleeding heart liberals, on the internet in society that feel they belong to tax paying, law abiding, angry bitter people or lycra louts etc.The Mail.

Another journo another day... they are all fannies!