lurkers sign in here.....

2»

Comments

• msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Lurker here too :)

Just moved back to Mcr after 7 years in London, dusted off the bike and commute from Chadderton to Salford Quays on a Decathlon hybrid which is way too heavy for the trip. Looking at a women's Lapierre Audacio when the Cycle to Work scheme opens in September so if anyone has any opinions, feel free to voice them, or say hi if you pass me on Broadway or Oldham Rd.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    msmancunia wrote:

Just moved back to Mcr after 7 years in London, dusted off the bike and commute from Chadderton to Salford Quays on a Decathlon hybrid which is way too heavy for the trip. Looking at a women's Lapierre Audacio when the Cycle to Work scheme opens in September so if anyone has any opinions, feel free to voice them, or say hi if you pass me on Broadway or Oldham Rd.

Welcome!

Is the 400L or the 200L?

My own opinion is that, while they're nice looking bikes, you don't quite get as much VFM on the spec as you do on other bikes. With the 400L, you're paying £1k for a Tiagra set-up - you can get a Cube with a 105 set-up for the same price. Also, the complete bikes seems a bit for a female-specific bike (over 9kg).

Boardman's are also a worth a look at.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    cjcp wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Welcome!

Is the 400L or the 200L?

My own opinion is that, while they're nice looking bikes, you don't quite get as much VFM on the spec as you do on other bikes. With the 400L, you're paying £1k for a Tiagra set-up - you can get a Cube with a 105 set-up for the same price. Also, the complete bikes seems a bit for a female-specific bike (over 9kg).

Boardman's are also a worth a look at.

Have been looking at both the 200 and 400 actually. Colleague who knows his stuff also suggested Boardman's but as far as I was aware you can only get them at Halfords, and our scheme doesn't do Halfords. Unless anyone knows different?
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • :D
    Just turned my old MTB into a commuter machine, so have only just started looking on the commuting threads.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)