Top riot-ending tips

2»

Comments

• ndru wrote:

mix that with johnny hoogerland on a polar and jobs a goodun.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • And the morons burned Nandos in Brixton on Sunday...
  • chilling
    chilling Posts: 267
    My daughter was getting BBM broadcasts yesterday.

Some imploring her to got to Hackney to join the riots, others imploring her to go to Hackney to defend Nando's.

'Can't have our Nando's burnt down'

I can't believe they did the one in Brixton, some scummy class of rioter you've got down South.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Shamelessly filched from another forum

All programmes have now been suspended on all channels to allow the broadcast of this film, which has been held in reserve for times of crisis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T72TopWbXJg
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Sigourney Weaver should be the head of the Met.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • garrynolan
    garrynolan Posts: 560
    Okay - I know this is semi-serious but having seen stuff like this at home... watercannon filled with indelible dye. Anyone caught later with it will be assumed to have been rioting. Give plenty of warning so no excuses!!
    The dye bit is my idea but surely it's worth a shot. May be legally a bit dodgy re: the assumption of guilt but leaving them looking like pimples (bright yellow colouring) might be worth it.
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • Some old dear on the radio was saying they should spray them all with blue dye so they can all be identified and arrested the next morning and petrol so they don't want to strike any matches.

I'm sure the sight of hundreds of burning Smurfs would be an excellent deterrent.
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    The bike the Goodies rode
    Pogo Stick
    Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    garrynolan, that has been done before - I believe mixed with pepper as well...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Rain_Protest
  • garrynolan
    garrynolan Posts: 560
    Darn... still worth a go though.
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • someone on the radio up here was saying a suitable punishment would be to put the rioters in a room and make them watch footage of starving africans for 8 hours and during that time don't feed them so they'll get to know what real suffering is like. Bejeebus.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • garnett
    garnett Posts: 196
    Apparently this t shirt is a no no.

6024797159_565812eb9b.jpg
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    What we need are some of those helicopters they have in North America which are used put out forest fires, the ones that dump vast amounts of water from a hanging bucket. In the absence of any heavy rain that we have at the moment simply drench the rioters from the sky until they're too cold, wet and miserable to carry on. Problem solved. Of course we'd need some of these helicopters first...
  • jejv
    jejv Posts: 566
    Some old dear on the radio was saying they should spray them all with blue dye so they can all be identified and arrested the next morning and petrol so they don't want to strike any matches.

I'm sure the sight of hundreds of burning Smurfs would be an excellent deterrent.
    Has anyone noticed Zombie_donkey's avatar ?

Burn Him! Burn Him!
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Bayontte:

gordonriots.jpg
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    garrynolan wrote:
    Okay - I know this is semi-serious but having seen stuff like this at home... watercannon filled with indelible dye. Anyone caught later with it will be assumed to have been rioting. Give plenty of warning so no excuses!!
    The dye bit is my idea but surely it's worth a shot. May be legally a bit dodgy re: the assumption of guilt but leaving them looking like pimples (bright yellow colouring) might be worth it.

Not only done before (abroad), but a staple elemment of cash in transit boxes is the indelible dye bomb that goes off if the box is forced open liberally covering the money & anything/one close vicinity in purple dye.

I think its a neat idea & would get round them being soooo big and brave in their scarves, masks & sunglasses. But I suspect the councils & shops would kick off at the dyeing of the streets & fronts.

Liquid laxative or farm slurry might be a more amusing if less permanently staining solution.
  • I've always found the Bach Cello Sonatas very calming.

Damn!!! Just remembered I'm not a bleeding heart liberal.....It wouldn't work, sorry.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    If water cannon is too much, but riot ending rain is not available, how about water bombing?

catalina_water_bomber_Wallpaper_545sl.jpg
  • jejv wrote:
    Some old dear on the radio was saying they should spray them all with blue dye so they can all be identified and arrested the next morning and petrol so they don't want to strike any matches.

Has anyone noticed Zombie_donkey's avatar ?

Burn Him! Burn Him!

Oooh Grobbits!
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    The bike the Goodies rode
    Pogo Stick
    Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,
  • Send in Nigel De Jong a-la Dirty Dozen to scythe down looters.
    FINAL-DE+JONG-724618.jpg
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.