--
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    That is a fantastic arse...
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Face it. Much of society is f*cked these days. No respect, no willingness to learn and better yourself, which then manifests itself as no hope. Capitalism has a lot to answer for unfortunately. There are two sides to this argument and they are both right. And both wrong.

I say let the masses, the bankers and the police shoot each other, and we'll just be left with the law-abiding majority like us :shock:
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Joelsim wrote:
    Face it. Much of society is f*cked these days. No respect, no willingness to learn and better yourself, which then manifests itself as no hope. Capitalism has a lot to answer for unfortunately. There are two sides to this argument and they are both right. And both wrong.

I say let the masses, the bankers and the police shoot each other, and we'll just be left with the law-abiding majority like us :shock:

You're suggesting we get rid off the useless third of society? I have a cunning plan that doesn't require violence. Why don't we tell them the world is going to be snorted up the nose a giant green space goat then load them onto a spaceship and fly them to another planet. Watch out for dirty telephones though......

with apologies to Douglas Adams
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    bails87 wrote:
    Albirdave wrote:
    Not enough police to cope!!!!!

What about the army? You still got one over there??

I'm sure they would love the gun practise :wink:

It's thinly stretched as it is, what with *NON PARTISAN* :wink: goverment cuts.

Also, they're not riot trained.

What irony, yes the police and army numbers have been cut but the army has rarely ever been better trained to deal with civil unrest and there's stuck miles away.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Don't get me wrong the situation is deplorable, but what are they doing that is so different from how the ruling classes and monarchy have done things for centuries.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Don't get me wrong the situation is deplorable, but what are they doing that is so different from how the ruling classes and monarchy have done for centuries.

Yeah the monarchy riot down high streets stealing and smashing places up on the 3rd of each month.

My favourite "royal riot" was when the queen mother 20 years ago lobbing a scaffolding pole through a victoria wine window and the next photo showing her jumping back through the smashed window with a crate of her favourite gin.

*shakes head*
  • Apologies for being serious but all this does have the rather familiar stink of a decaying society ....
    That tends to follow the appointment of a Tory PM.
    Yet, to quote Malik
    ...Disengaged not just from the political process (largely because politicians, especially those on the left, have disengaged from them), there is a generation (in fact more than a generation) with no focus for their anger and resentment...
    Seems to me the last Government are more to blame than the current one in this instance...

Part of the reason they have no moral compass, no sense of right or wrong, is the welfare state, that under the last Government has subsidised the 'me' generation with a strong belief in 'I have a right to things without having to give anything back' and no sense of self worth, heritage or the value of society as a whole...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • bails87 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Apologies for being serious but all this does have the rather familiar stink of a decaying society ....
    That tends to follow the appointment of a Tory PM.

Correlation or causation? The newly appointed Tory PM has to reap the crop sewn by his predecessor.

Is that the first "This is Labour's mess" of the riots?

And now (above) here's the second.

It's snowballing, I tell you (no, ITB, not *that* kind of snowballing)...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • hstiles
    hstiles Posts: 414
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Question....

how far would you go to protect your house/ car from rioters?

if you were woken up in the morning to the sound of rioters in your street, coming closer an closer to your house, you try the police but they cant respond as they are too busy, what would you do?

I'd stab the first one through the door with a large kitchen knife.
  • hstiles
    hstiles Posts: 414
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Question....

if you were woken up in the morning to the sound of rioters in your street, coming closer an closer to your house, you try the police but they cant respond as they are too busy, what would you do?

• Greg66 wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

And now (above) here's the second.

It's snowballing, I tell you (no, ITB, not *that* kind of snowballing)...
    Not at all... just these things are deep seated and cannot be associated just with the last year or so... stands to reason that if anyone talks about a disenfranchised generation of youth as that pillock* Ken did on the TV last night then they have to look back 10 -15y or so to see its roots... and who was in power?

*nothing to do with his politics, he just is, OK?
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Paul E wrote:
    Don't get me wrong the situation is deplorable, but what are they doing that is so different from how the ruling classes and monarchy have done for centuries.

Yeah the monarchy riot down high streets stealing and smashing places up on the 3rd of each month.

My favourite "royal riot" was when the queen mother 20 years ago lobbing a scaffolding pole through a victoria wine window and the next photo showing her jumping back through the smashed window with a crate of her favourite gin.

*shakes head*

How do you think they got their land in the first place, I suggest you read a little history before you shake your head.

http://media.wiley.com/product_data/exc ... 056819.pdf
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    From the daily mash link earlier:
    Rioter Martin Bishop said: "I'm not entirely sure who is to blame for me wanting to steal things and then set fire to the building where those things used to be.

"But it is nice to have the flimsy excuse. It makes me feel more mature."

Meanwhile, as former England cricket captain Alec Stewart began assembling a posse of vigilante test heroes, seismologists reported a sudden lurch to the right as people who own tagines found themselves calling for the immediate deployment of the Parachute Regiment and a couple of RAF Tornadoes.
  • jimmypippa
    Bloody 80's revival:
    Bombing Libya, Brixton and Toxteth riots, Kenneth Clarke in the Cabinet, a superpower being bogged down in Afghanistan.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    hstiles wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Question....

I grew up in Fulham and lived above the family business - my step dad was the manager of the off licence our house frequently had people trying to break in and every once in a while someone would succeed, like the nice chaps that drove a car through the front window of the shop, anywoo one night I was home alone I think and i heard a noise in the back garden, sure enough a couple of happy young chaps had made it over the glass covered barbed wire wall - imagine their surprise to be greeted by an on-leave member of the Royal Military Police who also happened to be a active member of several gun clubs (those were the days).

No need to "pop" one off Met style, oddly enough the military training is pretty effective in making most people lay face down whilst trying not to wet themselves.

I miss the army :cry:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jimmypippa
    itboffin wrote:
    even it if was which is isnt it will stop once the rain comes #FACT or they reach the countryside. We country folk have guns, lots & lots of guns :P

And combine harvesters - harvester vs angry mob - I know which my money would be on

What about muck spreaders?
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Greg66 wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

I refuse to believe that no one else has thought it!

I mentioned Wiggle and Blair yesterday. If we look at the looters they are teenagers. 11-18 year olds. Largely brought up during a period of Labour rule. They are disenfranchised - what in the period of a year and a bit, or are the roots deeper than this - I'd say so.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I see images of starving people in Africa and feel incredibly sad and wanting to help, I see pictures of the disaffected, layabout w*nkers in this country and feel like throwing them all in a dark room and forgetting about them. Scum.
  • After the recent protests in the middle east - groups of ordinary folk making a stand against corrupt and oppresive regimes and in doing so paying very dearly for their convictions - the last few days worth of shambolic jizz fisted vandalism in this country is a bit of an embarressment.
    Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Paul E wrote:

*shakes head*

How do you think they got their land in the first place, I suggest you read a little history before you shake your head.

http://media.wiley.com/product_data/exc ... 056819.pdf

NO thanks, it has no relevance to these events, hence the wild stab at a little light humour
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    There might well be a revolution by the law abiding majority marching on Parliament for the heads of incompetent politicians and police chiefs if they don't put a stop to this rioting and civil unrest pretty damn quick.

There are so many very pissed off people who have been left defenceless having lost their businesses, property and homes as police stood by and did nothing or were nowhere to be seen as thugs and thieves were rampaging, pillaging and burning and the politicians were on holiday.

In France they guillotined their corrupt politicians and Royal family.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    According to Iranian TV, we are experiencing an 'Intellectual Awakening", as in maybe "I think I will awaken these sleepy-looking Nike trainers , or wakey wakey mobile phones, time to get up and go for a run with me.

The weirdest slant on their reporting is the case of 3 muslims (returning from their mosque) in Birmingham killed by a rioter in a stolen car, mounting the pavement. Police are investigating as murder. This runs counter to their narrative of popular uprising so they have completely ignored anything muslimy or mosquey about the whole story.