Can you fart when cycling.

2»

Comments

• mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Can let one off whilst riding. Find sitting flat on saddle best. Or at traffic lights. Good excuse to stop tbh.

On another note, a few years ago I used to play society golf and one day I was in the second or third group off. As was tradition, the rest used to stand around and watch the tee-offs. On this occasion, I placed my ball on the tee, hooked up the driver and let rip(?) The exact millisecond the club hit the ball where was a loud 'release'. Fortunately everyone laughed. Had this been in front of the club members and not the society it might have been frowned upon. Parred the hole though.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Mouth wrote:
    Parred the hole though.

Is that a euphemism?
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Not farting, but if I cycle to work I don't go for a sh*te as soon as I get to work, if I train or drive I do as regular as clockwork.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I tend to after getting off at the end, I think my guts get all moved about and churned up while pedalling, if I need to I stand up ont he pedals and let rip
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    I generally fart all the time, its a pastime of mine! Now, farting on the fly is fun, especially if you can exert the correct position and pressure on the saddle, Ie hover slighlly, for really good gusto, reverb and resonance.
    142181.jpg
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Joelsim wrote:
    Not farting, but if I cycle to work I don't go for a sh*te as soon as I get to work, if I train or drive I do as regular as clockwork.

This happens to me as well. In fact I've got to work looked at my belly and thought where's it gone!?

So to recap:

You'll struggle to fart when cycling.

You will let rip after the journey ended.

It's nigh impossible to get an erection during a bike ride.

You don't need to go to toilet as often if you cycle.

Hey BIKERADAR! - how about an article in a future issue of Cycling Plus, perhaps you could do some research!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

This happens to me as well. In fact I've got to work looked at my belly and thought where's it gone!?

So to recap:

You'll struggle to fart when cycling.

You will let rip after the journey ended.

It's nigh impossible to get an erection during a bike ride.

You don't need to go to toilet as often if you cycle.

Hey BIKERADAR! - how about an article in a future issue of Cycling Plus, perhaps you could do some research!

mmmmm not so sure on that one, a few of the chaps in my cycle club had some 'embarrassing moments' when out on the bike :shock:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • DonDaddyD
    You sure they didn't have one pre-ride and it kinda couldn't deflate?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    You sure they didn't have one pre-ride and it kinda couldn't deflate?

I think it's something others would have notice prior to getting onto the bikes :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • DonDaddyD
    Right I've got my weekly target for next week!
    Food Chain number = 4

• Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    What other bodily things have you noticed that you can't whilst cycling?
    Can't imagine being able to take a leak. I know some people can but I have to stop at somewhere suitably discrete.
  • airbusboy
    airbusboy Posts: 231
    Definitely a difficult movement........ I can only fart when out of the saddle and free-wheeling.....

With all the impact of running it seems to force the gas out quite successfully, infact it's probably a good relief for constipation.....
    'Ride hard for those who can't.....'
  • I can only fart when out of the saddle. I like to use it as an extra boost, it also discourages drafting.

+ 1

Also tend to need a 5hit as soon as I arrive at work. Put that down to the crouched riding position and leg movements.
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    I tend to go for a 'log' as soon as getting off the bike, be it at work, home etc but only once daily and worse in the morning.

Slightly off topic, but ain't it funny when you really really (like sweating, waddling etc) need to go and you seem to be able to hold it for ages, why is it when you get over the pan there is literally no stopping it? I mean there's nothing that could hold it at that point. Sorry, but I find it weird.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.