Watcha doing for lunch then?

2»

Comments

• vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    pangolin wrote:
    vorsprung wrote:
    I had a box of undressed green salad with a tin of tuna on top and a soya yoghurt for afters

Basically, I am doing an event in France in 2 weeks and I am not the weight I'd like to be

You doing PBP Vorsprung? Ever done it before? If so, is it hilly? No idea what it would be like.

In other news, I had a chicken tikka wrap from an indian place near work.

I did it before in 2007. The weather then was the worst on the event for 50 years. I am hoping for a more pleasant experience this time.

It's not really hilly, there is a bit of lumpiness at the western end of the route but it's generally flat. On audax kind of rides a bit of extra weight makes almost no difference anyway, 3 or 4kg might add on 30 minutes over the entire 1200km
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Lunchtime today will be spent lying under my Alfa fixing the exhaust. Has to be done today as we are driving to Tuscany at 4am tomorrow. I hope this makes KB feel better after the fry up I had yesterday.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Mcdonalds deli wrap of the day. Yummy, considering...
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    sweet potato and roasted peppers with citrus mayonnaise

haddock soup

tomato bread
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Yesterday's rice, which had onions and sweetcorn. Salad and coleslaw and southern fried chicken breast.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Chicken noodle soup (jewish penicillin) as I've developed a.stinking cold overnight.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    i just had a king size twix and nana

i missed the sandwich truck today....bad times
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Vietnamese beef wrap.

Not as exciting as it probably sounds.
  • DonDaddyD
    You know, I miss Daddy Donkey on Leather Lane... :cry:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,381
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yesterday's rice, which had onions and sweetcorn. Salad and coleslaw and southern fried chicken breast.

Blimey DDD, that's actual real food, and more or less healthy too! You feelin' alright?

Pretty much the same again for me with slightly different bread + even more malt loaf
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    You know, I miss Daddy Donkey on Leather Lane... :cry:

Dude, I know this thread is titled "What are you doing for lunch", but I don't think any bestiality was expected.
  • DonDaddyD
    I got scared typing this into Google at work:

Daddy Donkey
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    I got scared typing this into Google at work:

Daddy Donkey

You know the IT police are after you now, right?
  • DonDaddyD
    rjsterry wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Blimey DDD, that's actual real food, and more or less healthy too! You feelin' alright?

Oi! I actually eat really well.

Mrs DDD doesn't really do processed or frozen food or ready meals. We don't buy sauces like Dolmio, we'll make our own as and when needed.

She makes my lunch everyday - well she missed a couple days during the first trimester.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    @UndercoverElephant - How come you comment on DDD's decidely weird shop name but miss this one:
    Vietnamese beef wrap.

It sounds like something you'd get "served" in prison.....

However Daddy Donkey does look rather nice, may have to swing by there when I'm in that area next :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,381
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Oi! I actually eat really well.

Mrs DDD doesn't really do processed or frozen food or ready meals. We don't buy sauces like Dolmio, we'll make our own as and when needed.

She makes my lunch everyday - well she missed a couple days during the first trimester.

Sorry, I was just going on yesterday's menu. :wink:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • @UndercoverElephant - How come you comment on DDD's decidely weird shop name but miss this one:
    Vietnamese beef wrap.

It sounds like something you'd get "served" in prison.....

However Daddy Donkey does look rather nice, may have to swing by there when I'm in that area next :-)

My mistake, missed that one completely. It does have a "reverse Dutch steamboat" kind of ring about it.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Today I had Vietnamese Spicy Beef Stew and Rice from a shop on Whitecross street.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Parmo, chips and salad - a Teesside delicacy :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Parmo, chips and salad - a Teesside delicacy :wink:

Bloody rank is what it is! Salad, who'd have believed it?

Where about are you WBW? I'm originally from Guisborough, and had the good sense to leave.
  • @UE - I've moved about quite a bit but think Guisborough is a pretty good place to be. At least the posh end is :wink:

Up in your neck of the woods soon though. Mate's got a place in Gullane so planning a few days with the family then returning in September with a few of the guys for beer and golf.

I can understand why anyone living in East Lothian would think anywhere else was a poor place to live though. I love it up there.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • @UE - I've moved about quite a bit but think Guisborough is a pretty good place to be. At least the posh end is :wink:

Up in your neck of the woods soon though. Mate's got a place in Gullane so planning a few days with the family then returning in September with a few of the guys for beer and golf.

I can understand why anyone living in East Lothian would think anywhere else was a poor place to live though. I love it up there.

Very nice. Gullane is a lovely place. Were you Guisborough born and bred?