Watcha doing for lunch then?

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
I've sent out one of the lads to the local butchers (Willis' if you know Cwmbran) to bring back several pigs worth of hot bbq ribs and some jacket pots.

I feel a feeding frenzy coming on :D
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    SimonAH wrote:
    I've sent out one of the lads to the local butchers (Willis' if you know Cwmbran) to bring back several pigs worth of hot bbq ribs and some jacket pots.

I feel a feeding frenzy coming on :D

*turns green*

I've just finished my leftover pasta from last night, I'll be hunting down some real lunch in a few minutes.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I had a banana and a nectarine. Rib flavoured Nic-Nacks and 2 rounds of cheese and colslaw sandwich (Kingsmill everyday bread - which I'm not feeling).

Had ribs yesterday for dinner.

Going healthier...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Salmon and Rocket sandwich on fresh wholemeal

If anyone is in the area, then The Larder on Gray's inn Road pretty much put half a salmon in. And you can pay 50p more for an extra half portion.

Protein, fish oils and complex carbs; check out my nutritionalism.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,381
    2x Red Leicester, tomato and rocket on Coop multi-seeded rolls, third of a Soreen Malt Loaf, packet of dried mango and pineapple, apple, banana, mug of green tea. More fruit later.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DonDaddyD
    rjsterry wrote:
    2x Red Leicester, tomato and rocket on Coop multi-seeded rolls, third of a Soreen Malt Loaf, packet of dried mango and pineapple, apple, banana, mug of green tea. More fruit later.

After you've had all of that. Don't you ever just want to have a kebab?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Tescos Spicy tomato pasta for me
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Sainsburys

Sandwich
    Crisps
    Oranges
    Banana
    Slow Death

In that order.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Bagel with cream cheese and watermelon. Simon's pig sounds better.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I had a small tub of spicy pasta

I don't feel like I've eaten anything.

The problem is: I've had people finally compliment me on my weight loss (not just Mr bobbing seals...) and I think it's gone to my head.

(there's a 1/3 of an Easter Egg hidden in my bottom drawer which may blow this theory out of the water by the time I go home... )
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Cafe. Susage, egg, beans, fried slice, bacon, 'shrooms, a couple of slices of toast and a cup of tea. It was great, I could do with a kip.
  • nation
    nation Posts: 609
    Pastrami and cheese with dill pickle, tomato, and mustard on multiseed bread.

And an apple.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Cafe. Susage, egg, beans, fried slice, bacon, 'shrooms, a couple of slices of toast and a cup of tea. It was great, I could do with a kip.

I'm a vegetarian and *I'm* calling you a b*stard. :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • I met up with EKE for a couple of beers on the sea-front at Portobello. Then scalped some poor sap on the way back to the office. Nice lunch, that. :)
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Sushi - experimenting with cutting wheat from my diet - made FA difference so far....
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    Well my wife stood me up for a planned lunch at the great Garden History Museum in Lambeth so had my standard lunch:

Windowless office kitchen: miso soup with tofu, broccoli and sprouted beans + banana afterwards.

I tend to save the junk food for the evening at home or for the Friday pub lunch.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Sushi - experimenting with cutting wheat from my diet - made FA difference so far....

Oh, I wish I'd gone for sushi now.

Maybe tomorrow....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Pot Noodle and packet of crisps so far. Crisps from a multipack (trying to save money....) which are annoyingly not "normal" sized packets! Luckily I have enough to have a second packet later. Still bleeding hungry tho!

Suspect I may be nipping to Tesco again later.......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • rjsterry
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

After you've had all of that. Don't you ever just want to have a kebab?

Never have and probably never will.

Got my 'Spanish waiter' hips to think of innit

Might finish off the malt loaf later, though.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Veronese68 wrote:

I'm a vegetarian and *I'm* calling you a b*stard. :lol:

You don't know me well enough to know how true that is. I'm currently annoying my colleagues by telling all of my customers that I'm going on holiday on Friday, assuming I survive that long.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    edited August 2011
    Pot Noodle

Get Out!
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Pot Noodle and packet of crisps so far. Crisps from a multipack (trying to save money....) which are annoyingly not "normal" sized packets! Luckily I have enough to have a second packet later. Still bleeding hungry tho!

but you're not a normal size... perfect

I'm off to a pub for lunch, my muscles are all hurty from the last couple of gym days
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Two ham and Sandwich spread Rolls - a banana, a flapjac bar and 20 minute walk in the 30 degree heat...

might pop to Mcdonalds in a bit for a milkshake
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • DonDaddyD
    Mrs DDD makes my lunch so that I don't waste my money on fried chicken every day. She tried to make them fancy with foreign meat, seedy bread and leaves I couldn't pronounce.

Didn't take it well when I said that sometimes (more often than not) I just want a ham sandwich. Ham, butter, brown (or white) bread.
    Times are hard...

Fixed that for you.
    Food Chain number = 4

• vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    I had a box of undressed green salad with a tin of tuna on top and a soya yoghurt for afters

Basically, I am doing an event in France in 2 weeks and I am not the weight I'd like to be
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    spicy salmon maki

black cod

spinach with sesame
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    nation wrote:
    Pastrami and cheese with dill pickle, tomato, and mustard on multiseed bread.

And an apple.

Phillpotts?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
    vorsprung wrote:
    I had a box of undressed green salad with a tin of tuna on top and a soya yoghurt for afters

Basically, I am doing an event in France in 2 weeks and I am not the weight I'd like to be

You doing PBP Vorsprung? Ever done it before? If so, is it hilly? No idea what it would be like.

In other news, I had a chicken tikka wrap from an indian place near work.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Clever Pun wrote:

but you're not a normal size... perfect

I'm off to a pub for lunch, my muscles are all hurty from the last couple of gym days

:-D I have actually had a work mate say some of the people at the office where he works can't understand how I can get away with eating what I do :-)
    Today was a small lunch by my usual standards.
    Yesterday I finished off a portion of BBQ chicken wings from Sainsbury (8 pieces), a Chicken, Bacon, Cheese and salad club sandwich (that's 3 slices of bread per round) and then a packet of crisps. Washed down with Pepsi Max and a litre of orange juice before I left the office.

Dinner was a rather nice Lidl lasagne which I'm sure it's "meant" to feed 2 or 4 people.........

All this talk of food is making me hungry again!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    Overcompensating....
    Food Chain number = 4

• rjsterry
    vorsprung wrote:
    I had a box of undressed green salad with a tin of tuna on top and a soya yoghurt for afters, followed by a little light self-flagellation to start the afternoon

FTFY
    Pinnacle Monzonite