sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    The Beast is a piece of pi$$.
    Just attack it and it's done 8)
    Blackley is tougher :roll:
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    andituk wrote:
    Proutster wrote:
    Still hated The Beast :oops: That's one to get through, rather than to enjoy (IMHO). The rest of the ride was tops, especially across Winstone Lee Tor.

If you hate the beast, have you tried Blackley? I prefer that way, as I'm not a big fan of the beast, and then you can cross the road and head straight up to Rowlee farm.

Is Blackley the trail that goes straight on at the cross-roads of the Roman Road (where you turn right down into the woods to get to The Beast)?

We met some guys at the cross-roads yesterday and they did this, then we caught them up again on the climb up to Rowlee Farm.
  • Proutster
    ibbo68 wrote:
    The Beast is a piece of pi$$.
    Just attack it and it's done 8)
    Blackley is tougher :roll:
    It wasn't The Beast that did me in yesterday, it was the descent down to The Ladybower Inn - last descent of the day syndrome (just like in skiing!!). Tried to get a little bit of air off a big rock, landed slightly crossed-up and ended up stopping myself with my hip - on a large rock - that was hidden in the ferns!!

As we were leaving the pub I noticed that my front wheel was moving about an inch from right-to-left. That's in the boot right now to see if it needs a new rim or if it can be straightened - got a feeling it'll be a new rim :oops:
  • Proutster
    chatters wrote:
    Glad you had a good ride mate,REALLY wanted to make it today, but just couldnt get the day off work, you'll have to keep me up to date when you are doing the ride again.

Hi Dan,

Pity you couldn't come as it was superb, a great day out.

Will probably be doing it again in a month or so's time - before it starts to get wet!! I'll let you know, with lots of notice, when we're planning to go again.
  • sniper68
    Proutster wrote:
    Is Blackley the trail that goes straight on at the cross-roads of the Roman Road (where you turn right down into the woods to get to The Beast)?
    That's the one 8) Some call it Babies heeds or Potato alley. It's not as technical as the Beast but it's longer and you hit it faster so physically I think it's more demanding than the Beast.I personally think it's a tad easier when wet as the rocks tend to bed-down.We rarely do it these days and tend to just turn right and hit the Beast :roll: We did it a couple of weeks back though as I was giving my HT it's maiden voyage and I wanted to see how it performed.
    It's extreeeeeemly good fun on night rides 8)
  • Proutster
    ibbo68 wrote:
    and on a night ride :twisted:
    ibbo68 wrote:

That sounds a bit too hardcore for me :oops:
  • sniper68
    Proutster wrote:
    ibbo68 wrote:
    and on a night ride :twisted:
    ibbo68 wrote:

That sounds a bit too hardcore for me :oops:
    That's what I used to think! Try it it really is good 8)