Helmet Camera

2»

Comments

• jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Jesus Christ! I ride around with that on my head SO19 will come after me... Do they have smaller ones?

:D
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Jesus Christ! I ride around with that on my head SO19 will come after me... Do they have smaller ones?

That's what I'm saying, it's massive isn't it. Reminds me of a periscope. I couldn't ride with that on my head.
  • cloggsy
    cloggsy Posts: 243
    DonDaddyD wrote:

That's what I'm saying, it's massive isn't it. Reminds me of a periscope. I couldn't ride with that on my head.

:lol::lol::lol: I'll be giving it a go tonight...

Up periscope :lol:
  • cloggsy
    You could always go for an #11 808 720P Cam.

The only problem with these is they aren't waterproof, so can't be used in the rain.

If you go for the latest version (often referred to as the 'Jumbo' or 'Version 3',) the battery life is much longer than the original...

Have a look :wink:
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Jesus Christ! I ride around with that on my head SO19 will come after me...

Just zap them with the inbuilt 20 Gigawatt laser....

dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    cloggsy wrote:
    You could always go for an #11 808 720P Cam.

The only problem with these is they aren't waterproof, so can't be used in the rain.

If you go for the latest version (often referred to as the 'Jumbo' or 'Version 3',) the battery life is much longer than the original...

Have a look :wink:

That's what I use. Great for the money and can be run with an external power supply via USB.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    MD80s are fine - mine do up to 40min before the battery expires - you can see the quality of the recordings by checking out www.100hillsforgeorge.blogspot.com and seeing what I've been able to record of the hills. The only time that it has really let me down is into bright sunshine or heavy rain.

For £10 or whatever they are, they are a snip.

Watch out for the sunglasses ones - the angle you cycle it, they film mostly road - see my bealach na ba for an example.
  • cloggsy
    mroli wrote:
    Watch out for the sunglasses ones - the angle you cycle it, they film mostly road - see my bealach na ba for an example.

I wouldn't buy 'em without seeing some footage too... They may 'drop more frames than a blind snooker player' (to coin a phrase...) :lol:
  • cloggsy
    d.mart wrote:
    Thought about getting something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spy-Sunglasse ... 1c1c405d00

anyone got experience with em? Only thing against I can tell is the monster arms to fit the electronics in...

:shock: OMG! They're dreadful!

See here!
  • nation
    nation Posts: 609
    This looks decent:
    http://www.chinavasion.com/sports-actio ... proof-4gb/

and isn't that much more expensive than an MD80 + SD card.

Can't find any reviews or sample footage, though.
  • cloggsy
    nation wrote:
    This looks decent:
    http://www.chinavasion.com/sports-actio ... proof-4gb/

and isn't that much more expensive than an MD80 + SD card.

Can't find any reviews or sample footage, though.

They're more commonly called an ACT 20 Camera...

Full review here! :wink: