• Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Hurrah! When's the first RP lap then :twisted:
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Meh.

I'm 16stone and religiouly run my 23s at 121psi (OCD).

I have no problem with ride comfort, reduced traction or speed.

Me too (the pressure bit, not the weight bit). I let the pressure go south of 100psi once and I got a pinch flat on a pothole :'(
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Wahooooooo...... Red Bikes are fast........

Didn't do a lap but my quick ride round the block ended up being 15 miles long with a spin through the park. Amazing how much quicker this bike is for same amount of effort. I was crusing at 130bpm heart rate, my max is 195 so not really trying glanced down and was doing 22mph.... Wahoooooooo

Couple of bits of fettleing needed.

The saddle was pointing up at the front leading to uncomfortable gentlemen parts, adjusted saddle to make it level all sorted.

I'm also not sure about the position of the hoods, I feel like i want to turn the handlesbars 2 or 3 degress to bring them up slightly. Easy enough to do but not I have no reference point to what is correct and it maybe that I'm not used to it. So left it for the moment.

I also got a bit of pain between shoulder blades, clearly a posture thing some as not used to the position on the bike, a bit of stretching will sort that out.

Got used to drops very quickly, although did have one hairy moment approaching junction when I sat up to stop and tried to hit a brake lever that wasn't there. Doh!

Really please I had an 11-28 cassette put on with the 50/34 on the front I had plenty of gear up and downhill. I clearly don't need a tripple like that old man in the pub on saturday does! :D

I would post pictures but forgot to take them before putting it away in shed for the night. Will take some tomorrow.

Embankment in the morning!
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    That's a nice looking bike, sir.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • A very nice bike indeed. I just love mine and never hesitate to recommend them. Glad you're pleased.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Sketchley wrote:
    I clearly don't need a tripple like that old man in the pub on saturday does! :D

That'd be fighting talk - sounds like a race - calling ITB to thread.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    JZed wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    I clearly don't need a tripple like that old man in the pub on saturday does! :D

That'd be fighting talk - sounds like a race - calling ITB to thread.

Oh i'm so here.

Now then young lad, 50/34 - 11-28 gives you

50 + 11 = 120 gi
    34 + 28 = 32 gi

I on the other hand have (see below) an almost identical range of gears but which much more gradual step up and down ie 30 gears rather than 20.

50 + 11 = 120 gi
    39 + 11 = 93 gi
    39 + 25 = 41 gi
    30 + 25 = 31.5 gi

I WIN
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    But it's a triple. With more weight.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    cjcp wrote:
    But it's a triple. With more weight.

But that's okay, don't girls weigh less than boys?

I'm gonna regret this when I ever see ITB on a bike.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    There's only one way to find out. Saturday - Richmond Gate - set them off against each other, pint of Gold awaits the first man back to the gate - full lap no shortcuts.
  • itboffin
    There's another way ....

Sat or Sun here http://ridewithgps.com/routes/585144

84 miles almost pan flat
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Advantage with 23s? CrudRacers fit of course! I think I'm leaving them on my Ribble Gran Fondo permanently now. Not as though it doesn't rain every other day anyway!
    itboffin wrote:
    There's another way ....

84 miles almost pan flat

Would you even need gears for that?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,775
    JZed wrote:
    There's only one way to find out. Saturday - Richmond Gate - set them off against each other, pint of Gold awaits the first man back to the gate - full lap no shortcuts.

Thought we drank all the Gold on Saturday. The last pint I had was good though.
  • itboffin
    Rolf F wrote:
    Advantage with 23s? CrudRacers fit of course! I think I'm leaving them on my Ribble Gran Fondo permanently now. Not as though it doesn't rain every other day anyway!
    itboffin wrote:
    There's another way ....

84 miles almost pan flat

Would you even need gears for that?

Nope I did the magnificat 50 mile route 4 years ago on my FGSS which was about the same amount of ascent.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    itboffin wrote:
    Nope I did the magnificat 50 mile route 4 years ago on my FGSS which was about the same amount of ascent.

Glad to hear it! I did the Grimpeur de Wolds on Saturday - profile looks like a saw blade. Found a chap struggling slightly up a hill and was about to pass him smuggly when I spotted he was single speeding it! He was an idiot though!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Sketchley, finally you have see the light brother. Now you will never sully your life with the evil that is a hybrid :twisted:
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    hhhmmmm Bit nervous this morning. I don't want to learn an emergency stop the hard way.

Liking it though.

Pictures to follow in commuter bike thread.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5