Ranking the riders' chances in TT

2»

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Young G nails his colours to the mast

http://twitter.com/#!/GeraintThomas86/s ... 9434895360
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • kcass
    kcass Posts: 6
    Andy Schleck is due off at 3.18 (BST) and scheduled to finish at 4.13.

The rest of the top 5 will be finishing from around 4.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Heart says cuddles; head says cuddles. 57 seconds to +30 seconds.

Frandy to whine like a girl to Christian so that they can get together in the off season to design a route he is guaranteed to win with no time trials and all mountains, prologue at Ventoux. His brother sat on cadel's wheel up the galibier and couldn't break cuddles resolve, he is iron whilst Andy is plastic. Look at Andy on the podium he knows he lost it.

Plus Cadel has been a great rainbow jersey holder this season and where have the brothers Grimm been? Apart from Franck becoming national champion of Luxembourg a country of 10 citizens (surely Andy as the rightful gc champion could beat his brother) .

Finally the smugness of a frandy win terrifies me, they have done sod all yet swan around like they are owners of the peloton. Plus if cuddles wins it will be funny watching him slap someone on the podium and start crying, instead of frandy's knowing smirk.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Dave_1 wrote:
    okay guys. I believe Evans will win. Why? in 2010 Andy Schlek only lost 32 seconds in 52km to Contador...but Contador rode badly..the wind was the samefor Menchov and Wiggins as it was for Contador who all started near the end of the day's stage...so their performances show Contador was on a bad day at that TT 2010 (AC lost 1 minute 50 to Menchov who was off a few minutes in front of him) ..Contador did still put 30 seconds into Andy on a bad day so it shows Andy up badly. I would say Andy's time loss to Evans will look something like his time loss to Wiggins, Menchov at the 2010 final TT. Menchov lost 3 mins 50 in 52km, Wiggins lost 3.30 in 52 km. Vaughters reckoned Wiggo would have been 3rd in that TT without the wind. So, to see who will win the TDF...don't look at Schleks small 30 second loss to Contador last year in final TT..instead look at his time loss to Wiggins and Menchov. That is what cadel can comfort himself with. Andy is extremely vulnerable over 26 miles. I think Andy will be worried. Evans will win the TDF IMO
    I was going to post something like this but don't need to bother now.
    AC was struggling last year but still put a decent gap into AS who was in peak form.
    This year, Cadel is an athlete at his absolute peak whilst AS has looked good but inconsistent with form.
    Cadel for the win!
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    edited July 2011
    symo wrote:
    Cadel has been a great rainbow jersey holder this season

Has he?

Thor-Hushovd-wins-fourth-stage-as-Damiano-Cunego-retains-his-overall-lead-in-2011-Tour-de-Suisse-75569.jpg
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    It will come down to who wants it the most. An eye balls out puke your guts up bike ride. Can't wait should be good.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • petejuk
    petejuk Posts: 235
    I really want Cadel to win. He has grafted all tour and not whined about the conditions like the brothers schleck. His bemusement about stage 18 and the way Andy pulled away struck me as a veiled cynicism as to whether he was racing clean.
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21072011/2/cycling-evans-puzzled-time-lost-schleck.html
    I agree with his sentiment- Andy didn't seem to be suffering as he crossed the line like the others had.
    I do hope Cadel does it but I'm not sure he will.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Is that good weather I see.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    They've just shown Cuddles on his turbo. He's already sweating like a pregnant nun
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    iainf72 wrote:
    Tough course. Martin did 42.5km in 55.27, Wiggins in 55.38 and Evans in 56.47

I reckon they'll go quicker tomorrow.

evans over a minute faster. shame for wiggo as in the above tt he take it very very steady down the hill were as evans went for it.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799