LIDL Thursday 28th bargains

2»

Comments

• chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    How big is the box the workstand comes in? Debating riding over to Lidl after work and picking it up after work, but it's gotta fit in my 20l rucksack :P
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    chedabob wrote:
    How big is the box the workstand comes in? Debating riding over to Lidl after work and picking it up after work, but it's gotta fit in my 20l rucksack :P

Not a chance mate the box is about 3ft
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • neilp7
    neilp7 Posts: 66
    Workstand seems brilliant for the price, got one on friday last one left in the shop.
    Put it together at work seems very sturdy.
    Now got to see what its like with a bike on it!
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    neilp7 wrote:
    Workstand seems brilliant for the price, got one on friday last one left in the shop.
    Put it together at work seems very sturdy.
    Now got to see what its like with a bike on it!

I've used mine this weekend for a complete stripdown and rebuild of the commie and it was so much easier to do than arsing about when working on the floor
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    I got one. It's in the boot of the car. I got home and it turned out my wife had bought me the Park Tools one for my birthday at the same time. I am a lucky boy, the PT one is real sturdy and nice! If anyone in West London/Slough wants the Lidl one for £30 let me know quick or its going back.
  • neilp7
    neilp7 Posts: 66
    Well i've got to change the tyres on my commuter in the next couple of days so i should give it a work out soon!
  • Anyone who has got the computer found that the black cable ties that attach it to the bars come loose very easily? so the computer then drops face downwards, bit of a pain on a downhill! :evil:
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    The stand is not that bad, I also used it in anger and found that the clamp that holds the top bar battles with the hydraformed top tube on the All Mountain bike.
    I used some old innertube to stop it from slipping. Other than that, not a bad stand for 30 bones