Club Kit......

2»

Comments

• Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    It's good that people feel proud enough of their club to wear their club kit out in public, but I only wear cycling kit when cycling. One assumes that said supermarket is situated by a canal, and said lady was going to load her shopping into her scull and scull home. :?
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Personally, I always trained in a black lycra and only used club kit when I was racing. I used to run "learn to row" courses, when we did the kit order it was amazing to see how much the new learners would spend on club kit, yet they would not really be racing for at least 6 months - I think it makes people quite proud to belong to something.
    Yes, some people do get a kick out of belonging to a club and wearing the club kit; where's the harm in that? If I were more cynical I might suggest that you get a similar kick out of belonging to the "club" of people who are too cool to wear club kit for training.

When I rowed, I used to wear much the same kit for racing and training; meant I needed less kit in total, and I *knew* the race kit was comfortable and worked properly because I'd trained in it.

When I started TT-ing, I did a some training runs with the full race kit (skinsuit, pointy hat, disc wheel) for exactly the same reason, just to check it all worked properly. Even now, I still train with the pointy hat sometimes. Sure, it might look a bit stupid, especially when people overtake me at 15mph between intervals, but who cares?
    Pannier, 120rpm.