TFL Cycle Challenge - Nominations

2»

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Nothing delivered so far. Have dropped an email to the contact at TFL to get her to pull her finger out.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • asprilla
    Update: I've got an out of office from the bint who was supposed to sent the prizes out. She's out of the office until August 22nd.

Bloody public sector workers and their lack accountability.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • asprilla
    I should have just got an RSS feed for this.

Apparently the woman who is on holiday arranged for them to be posted today. Of course that's no guarantee that they will be. Means that I should have my hands on it on Monday evening.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • asprilla
    A big box from TFL has arrived today and is sitting on my wife's desk.

My wife doesn't work Friday. Guess we'll find out on Monday what goodies there are.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    Congratulations to you all, sorry I didn't join in this year
  • HeatherG
    HeatherG Posts: 17
    Hi everyone, it's Heather from Wheels for Wellbeing here.
    Just been catching up with this thread and just wanted to say congrats on your success with the TFL Cycle Challenge again this year!
    Also, just to let you know that we have been using the vouchers you gave us last year as raffle prizes. At the last one we managed to raise over £150, so they're proving very useful and a pretty quick way of raising money for us.
    Thanks again so much for donating them to us.

Just to add, I'd +1 for Companion Cycling too, but then I would really, wouldn't I?!
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Companion cycling.
  • HeatherG wrote:
    Hi everyone, it's Heather from Wheels for Wellbeing here.
    Just been catching up with this thread and just wanted to say congrats on your success with the TFL Cycle Challenge again this year!
    Also, just to let you know that we have been using the vouchers you gave us last year as raffle prizes. At the last one we managed to raise over £150, so they're proving very useful and a pretty quick way of raising money for us.
    Thanks again so much for donating them to us.

Just to add, I'd +1 for Companion Cycling too, but then I would really, wouldn't I?!

Even though I didn't take part in last year's cycle challenge, I'm sure that your positive feedback will be much appreciated by those that took part, this year, last year or both. Thank you.
  • asprilla
    Ok, Mrs A opened the box this morning and it's an assortment of cycling bits and bobs like lights, saddles and locks. Am going to drop Cycling Companions a line.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • asprilla
    Right, here's the contents of the box in all it's glory:

IMG_1056.jpg

3x Halfords accessory packs (lights, mini pump & small lock)
    4x Quantum Masterlocks (given 1.5 stars by BR review)
    4x Multitools
    4x 26" tubes
    4x Bottles
    2x Saddles
    5x Puncture repair kits (like the ones CTC give away in sportive goodie bags)
    5x Reflective bands
    1x British Cycling membership
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • I hope those are your daughter's sandals. If not, your feet are minute :lol:
  • asprilla
    OK. Unexpectedly Companion Cycling have said that they are lucky enough to be quite well funded and so have turned down my off of the prize.

So, anyone got any other nominations?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Asprilla wrote:
    OK. Unexpectedly Companion Cycling have said that they are lucky enough to be quite well funded and so have turned down my off of the prize.

The charity that we sent the prize to last year?
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Asprilla wrote:

They even nicely came back to remind us they wouldn't say no again...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Asprilla wrote:

Indeed unless anyone has a better suggestion? Their offices are near Brixton so not a million miles away. Was great taking the vouchers in last year and being shown what they do :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Yeah, +1 for Wheels for Wellbeing. Donate the prize to somebody who at least appreciates it! :wink:
  • HeatherG
    Thanks again guys!
    Unlike Companion Cycling, WfW are not so well funded and we're in the midst of trying to raise funds to enable us to go to the Cycle Show which is at the NEC this year.
    Quest 88 are underwriting the cost of the stand (called The Inclusive Cycling Hub) and we've made a contribution to it which was made possible thanks to the wonderful Dan Ames (member of LFGSS forum) and his 3 day London-Cumbria ride!
    The problem we now face is raising the funds for staff travel up there and accomodation for them.
    We were in two minds as to whether to do the Cycle Show this year as its at the NEC, but we decided that more had to be done nationally to raise the profile of inclusive cycling, so we're going to fly our flag!
    I've just got back from a site visit and the 3 halls we'll be in equate to a huge amounts of space and the organisers are expecting over 30,000 visitors this year. We've even got our own inclusive cycling track where anyone can try out the different cycles that are available. Exciting times!
    Anyway, thanks again for your support. WfW are so grateful,
    Heather - WfW Manager
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Asprilla wrote:
    Right, here's the contents of the box in all it's glory:

3x Halfords accessory packs (lights, mini pump & small lock)
    4x Quantum Masterlocks (given 1.5 stars by BR review)
    4x Multitools
    4x 26" tubes
    4x Bottles
    2x Saddles
    5x Puncture repair kits (like the ones CTC give away in sportive goodie bags)
    5x Reflective bands
    1x British Cycling membership

Is that really £350 worth of kit?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Asprilla wrote:

Indeed unless anyone has a better suggestion? Their offices are near Brixton so not a million miles away. Was great taking the vouchers in last year and being shown what they do :-)

Another +1 here.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    +1 here too.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Just a passing thought: if TfL do it again next year, how about using the SCR team as the core of a Wheels for Wellbeing team ? It would give WfW a higher profile for a month and if we could link up with other forums like lfgss and CycleChat we might have a pop at the biggest prize.

And while we would be cooperating for the big prize for WfW, there would be nothing to stop us competing against each other within the '' WfW league.''

Any thoughts?
  • HeatherG
    Well, personally, I LOVE this idea! WfW did have their own team this year, but it was all staff and although I think we did really well, there was no way we would be able to comete with the 'big boys' out there. So next year we were trying to think of ways to get our numbers and miles up - this would certainly be one way of doing it.
    We'd probably be able to get some pretty good publicity out of it too, I reckon.