heartburn

I started cycling about two years ago and now go out about once a week. I ride about 40 miles each time, plittering about on my own. I always get heartburn towards the end of the ride. Anybody know why this is and how I can prevent it? I don't know much about nutrition; perhaps I'm not fuelling properly.

This feels like Gardeners' QT.

Comments

• ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    My tip would be - make sure its heartburn first - and not real heart trouble! And then try one of the over the counter heart burn remedies - like rennie or one of the long lastiing kind. Also think about what you're putting into your stomach - perhaps you're just hungry - or eating too many gels, or not drinking enough liquids. Hope you get it sorted.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Try your doctor - they may be able to help. It may feel like heartburn but could be something like a Hiatus Hernia
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    If it's acid reflux cos you're in a more head-down position than normal, it could easily be as suggested a hiatus hernia.

I have one but it's manageable with a daily pill.