Cav hanging onto cars again

13»

Comments

• luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Why are people so shocked by cavendishy's cheating? We saw it at the Giro. People have complained about it for some time now. Last week i posted that this would happen.

Even by his own account in his book (and by observation), Cavendishy exhibits almost all of the characteristics of a sociopath.

1. Glibness and Superficial Charm
    2. Manipulative and Conning
    3. Does not recognize the rights of others and sees his self-serving behaviors as permissible. Appear to be charming, yet is covertly hostile and domineering, seeing his victim as merely an instrument to be used. Dominating and humiliate his victims.
    4. Grandiose Sense of Self
    5. Feels entitled to certain things as "his right."
    6. Pathological Lying
    7. Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for him to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about his own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
    8. Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
    9. A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at his core. Does not see others around him as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, he has victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and he lets nothing stand in his way.
    10. Shallow Emotions
    11. When he shows what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since he is not genuine, neither are his promises.
    12. Incapacity for Love
    13. Need for Stimulation
    14. Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.
    15. Callousness/Lack of Empathy
    16. Unable to empathize with the pain of his victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.
    17. Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
    18. Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe he is all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for his impact on others.
    19. Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
    20. Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, hanging on cars in ProTour races, etc.
    21. Irresponsibility/Unreliability
    22. Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation he causes. Does not accept blame himself, but blames others, even for acts he obviously committed.
    23. Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity.
    24. Parasitic Lifestyle
    25. Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.
    26. Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility

Other Related Qualities:

Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
    Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
    Authoritarian
    Secretive
    Paranoid
    Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
    Conventional appearance
    Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
    Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
    Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
    Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
    Incapable of real human attachment to another
    Unable to feel remorse or guilt
    Extreme narcissism and grandiose
    May state readily that their goal is to rule the world

(The above traits are based on the psychopathy checklists of H. Cleckley and R. Hare.) I added the thing about hanging off cars on the protour ;-)

cav.gif
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    cornoyemade is to Cavendish as Biking Bernie is to Armstrong.

That's unfair. Biking Bernie may be obsessed with LA, but he makes generally sensible arguments backed-up by information. This other character is just a nutter.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gattocattivo
    gattocattivo Posts: 500
    RichN95 wrote:
    That's unfair. Biking Bernie may be obsessed with LA, but he makes generally sensible arguments backed-up by information. This other character is just a nutter.

This seems to be true
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    It was a skoda.....he was giving it a push. :)

Haha, awesome
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Timoid. wrote:
    I think he may need to hang on to cars on Thursday's stage, its an absolute beast. There is a serious chance he might be eliminated. Boardman was saying that Pip was counting on it.
    Yep, Sporza commentators also confirming Gilbert's plan to push it from the start to ride Cav outside the timee limit on the Alpe d'Huez stage. It's a perfect stage for it - short but with a lot of climbs. Expect Lotto and Movistar to push it hard
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I really don't get this. I know Cav was having a particularly bad day on the climbs the other day, but is he really that much worse on the climbs and more likely to be eliminated than Greipel?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • zwoooosh
    zwoooosh Posts: 18
    Is it worth pointing out where Cavendish finished today? All alone as well I gather... shows he can climb when he wants to.

43 Mark Cavendish (GBr) HTC-Highroad 0:06:48

Well above last place rider 170 Julian Dean (NZl) Team Garmin-Cervelo 0:16:47
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,204
    Yep that was reassuring and I reckon that although it wasn't the biggest climb today he can get over them fairly well if he really needs to. On most mountain stages he puts in the least effort required in order to keep things in reserve.
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    This is his fifth tour? and he has finished all but the first. Perhaps he knows how to guage his effort.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Oops double post :oops:
    The older I get the faster I was
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    He's at fifty percent for finishes so far. Pulled out in 2007 and 08 (Olympics) but then won the last stage in 09 and 10
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    From the horse's mouth so to speak:
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/07/ ... ler_184883

As I said 'what you would have said if we'd bothered to ask'.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    Why are people so shocked by cavendishy's cheating? We saw it at the Giro. People have complained about it for some time now. Last week i posted that this would happen.

Even by his own account in his book (and by observation), Cavendishy exhibits almost all of the characteristics of a sociopath.

1. Glibness and Superficial Charm
    2. Manipulative and Conning
    3. Does not recognize the rights of others and sees his self-serving behaviors as permissible. Appear to be charming, yet is covertly hostile and domineering, seeing his victim as merely an instrument to be used. Dominating and humiliate his victims.
    4. Grandiose Sense of Self
    5. Feels entitled to certain things as "his right."
    6. Pathological Lying
    7. Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for him to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about his own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
    8. Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
    9. A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at his core. Does not see others around him as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, he has victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and he lets nothing stand in his way.
    10. Shallow Emotions
    11. When he shows what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since he is not genuine, neither are his promises.
    12. Incapacity for Love
    13. Need for Stimulation
    14. Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.
    15. Callousness/Lack of Empathy
    16. Unable to empathize with the pain of his victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.
    17. Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
    18. Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe he is all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for his impact on others.
    19. Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
    20. Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, hanging on cars in ProTour races, etc.
    21. Irresponsibility/Unreliability
    22. Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation he causes. Does not accept blame himself, but blames others, even for acts he obviously committed.
    23. Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity.
    24. Parasitic Lifestyle
    25. Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.
    26. Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility

Other Related Qualities:

Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
    Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
    Authoritarian
    Secretive
    Paranoid
    Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
    Conventional appearance
    Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
    Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
    Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
    Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
    Incapable of real human attachment to another
    Unable to feel remorse or guilt
    Extreme narcissism and grandiose
    May state readily that their goal is to rule the world

(The above traits are based on the psychopathy checklists of H. Cleckley and R. Hare.) I added the thing about hanging off cars on the protour ;-)
    Aww bless, you've quoted two young men at the cutting edge of psychology, using labels that haven't been used in psychology for 10s of years.....
    Seriously, it's fine to do the "I don't like someone thing," but you're kinda going a wee bit beyond that. I trust, however, you're aware of the huge irony of what you've posted?
    (I'm presuming that you have a passing knowledge of psychology & haven't just moronically cut & pasted from wikipedia, apologies if this isn't correct)
    (Although if you have posted this in a non-moronic-cut-&-paste way, would you like to explain how quoting stupidly outdated source texts that were contradicted by the meta-analysis means anything at all? Or why you're not quoting authoritative sources?)
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    To put this to bed, Cav came in the top 40 today without needing to hang onto any cars :)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    To put this to bed, Cav came in the top 40 today without needing to hang onto any cars :)

On twitter he hinted he did it to shut a few people up.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Alan Peiper agrees the time limit on the Alpe d'Huez stage is Cav's main threat for green: http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrenn ... raf_Peiper . Not necessarily being thrown out, but also points deduction if let back in after finishing outside the time limit. He says it was a 'hellish struggle' for Cav to finish within the time limit on the Plateau de Beille. He also absolutely denies any hanging from cars, and mentions there's constantly a commissaire near Cav on motor filming him. Peiper's Dutch is absolutely fluent btw

It was great yesterday to see Cav make a statement and come in solo just a minute or so behind the Schlecks, but in the end, if he made a big physical effort yesterday in reaction to a minor verbal effort of his competitors, they got what they wanted - saving the energy might have been smarter...
  • cornoyemade
    cornoyemade Posts: 180
    FJS wrote:
    Alan Peiper agrees the time limit on the Alpe d'Huez stage is Cav's main threat for green: http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrenn ... raf_Peiper . Not necessarily being thrown out, but also points deduction if let back in after finishing outside the time limit. He says it was a 'hellish struggle' for Cav to finish within the time limit on the Plateau de Beille. He also absolutely denies any hanging from cars, and mentions there's constantly a commissaire near Cav on motor filming him. Peiper's Dutch is absolutely fluent btw

It was great yesterday to see Cav make a statement and come in solo just a minute or so behind the Schlecks, but in the end, if he made a big physical effort yesterday in reaction to a minor verbal effort of his competitors, they got what they wanted - saving the energy might have been smarter...

Very prescient!
    Yes, I got what i wanted. Cavy, thanks for reacting to posts from your critics.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Very prescient!
    Does this mean you are going to stop spouting bile about him now?
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    FJS wrote:

Very prescient!

Sad TROLL.