Cav hanging onto cars again

P_Tucker
P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
edited July 2011 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de ... terss-spat

I say its no better than injecting a pharmacy into yourself on the rest day. DIYCBA

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Did you miss these bits then?
    However Pescheux dismissed the accusations, saying the Independent newspaper: “Rojas always looking for excuses to win. I have no problems with Cavendish." According to L'Equipe, the broom wagon driver also denied that Cavendish had cheated after being dropped by the gruppetto
    Mark Cavendish of HTC-Highroad has been accused of holding on to cars in the Pyrenees by some of his rivals for the green jersey but Tour de France race organizers have dismissed the accusations.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    What's no better than injecting? The thing that the race director, the broom wagon driver and Omega didn't say happened?
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Looks like the only vehicle he'll be able to hang onto today is the broom wagon
  • P_Tucker
    :lol: well if the TdF organizer says it, it MUST be true. As him what proportion of the peloton is clean.

Anyway, obv if he's not doing it then there's no problem, but this isn't the first time he's been accused. Whilst this clearly wouldn't stand up in a court of law, I think on balance we can say it's more likely to be true than not. This is the internet remember.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    FFS!! Rojas is starting to make Alex Ferguson look like friendly, humble and magnanamous!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    P_Tucker wrote:
    :lol: well if the TdF organizer says it, it MUST be true. As him what proportion of the peloton is clean.

It's a more reliable witness than a rider who finished 15 minutes ahead of him and has something to gain..

Movistar just say these things because they think it mentally unsettles him. The same as when Cervelo used to lodge a complaint about almost every sprint he did.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • GoldenBear
    GoldenBear Posts: 120
    edited July 2011
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    Rupert Murdoch adores people like you :D
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    It was a skoda.....he was giving it a push. :)
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Rebecca Brooks reported it.....
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    P_Tucker wrote:
    :lol: well if the TdF organizer says it, it MUST be true.

Whereas if Rojas says it it's DEFINITELY true then?
  • P_Tucker
    MrChuck wrote:
    P_Tucker wrote:
    :lol: well if the TdF organizer says it, it MUST be true.

Whereas if Rojas says it it's DEFINITELY true then?

Yes. That is my position.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,409
    Rojas not good enough to beat Cav in a sprint, so trying to cheat his way to victory instead.
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    blah blah. Seeing as he couldn't get away with pissing off a bridge, it's unlikely he's getting dragged up the mountains IMO.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    P_Tucker wrote:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-organizers-downplay-sprinterss-spat

I say its no better than injecting a pharmacy into yourself on the rest day. DIYCBA

Your a sad man. :roll:

Jealousy can eat away you need to talk over your insecurities.
  • P_Tucker
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    P_Tucker wrote:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-organizers-downplay-sprinterss-spat

Your a sad man. :roll:

Jealousy can eat away you need to talk over your insecurities.

1. You're
    2. Envy, not jealousy

Besides, regardless of whether I'm sad or envious, if these accusations are true Cav is no better than some swarthy foreigner injecting himself with EPO. If you disagree, why?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    S'not like Cavendish hasn't slagged off other riders publically for what he thinks is unfair behaviour.

What comes around goes around.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Hanging on to cars is traditional! Nice to see that Cav' is keeping in the spirit of the race.
    -Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • P_Tucker
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Hanging on to cars is traditional! Nice to see that Cav' is keeping in the spirit of the race.
    -Jerry

Indeed. So is taking drugs.
  • xcmad
    xcmad Posts: 110
    Boring. And a rather crude link to drug taking.
  • P_Tucker
    xcmad wrote:
    Boring. And a rather crude link to drug taking.

Its a clear link. Cheating.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    P_Tucker = Coroneymede?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • P_Tucker
    ddraver wrote:
    P_Tucker = Coroneymede?

How so? I don't hate Cav with every fibre of my being, I'm just pointing out that he's being accused of cheating, and its not the first time.
  • xcmad
    xcmad Posts: 110
    You're not 'just' doing that though are you Tucker? You're suggesting he is cheating, you're not on the fence here. Plus your llinking Cav to drugs. Its sad.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    P_Tucker wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    P_Tucker = Coroneymede?

How so? I don't hate Cav with every fibre of my being, I'm just pointing out that he's being accused of cheating, and its not the first time.

Yeah, because a DQ is the only way these second (or third) tier racers have a chance to win. You don't hear proper sprinters like Greipel, Farrar and Petacchi mentioning it.

There are no photos of Cav taking a tow
    There are no videos of Cav taking a tow
    The commisaires have never fined him for taking a tow
    The ASO say he doesn't take tows
    The broom wagon drivers say he doesn't take a tow

However, Rojas who is rarely in the autobus and stands to gain if Cav gets DQ'd says he does.

Ironically Chicchi accused him of getting a tow in the Giro. A day or two later a photo emerged of a couple of riders getting a tow. One of them was Chicchi..
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    RichN95 wrote:
    P_Tucker wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    P_Tucker = Coroneymede?

Yeah, because a DQ is the only way these second (or third) tier racers have a chance to win. You don't hear proper sprinters like Greipel, Farrar and Petacchi mentioning it.

However, Rojas who is rarely in the autobus and stands to gain if Cav gets DQ'd says he does.

Ironically Chicchi accused him of getting a tow in the Giro. A day or two later a photo emerged of a couple of riders getting a tow. One of them was Chicchi..

I couldn't have put it better myself Rich.

Cav is one of the biggest stars of cycling if he was taking a tow there would be massive media coverage. As for Rojas he was in the main bunch on the day he accuses Cavendish so hes talking bollocks
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    RichN95 wrote:
    P_Tucker wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    P_Tucker = Coroneymede?

+1
    I think we should start talking about all those cheats who get a little tow when getting fresh bidons from the team car!!! :roll:
    They're cheating aren't they?!!
    Bet they take drugs as well!!!
  • mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    thing is with these things, they seem to be selectively applied. You see plenty of "sticky bottles" and people drafting cars to get back on the peleton. That's still cheating, but never get's a mention. Not that i'm saying there's really a problem with that as long as it isn't drafting a car to win something. But these things only very selectively cause controversy and that many instances go completely unmentioned.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    RichN95 wrote:

Wasn't this the Giro incident?
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/8469/ ... -Etna.aspx

Ventoso: team mate and now lead out man for Senor Rojas.
    No Movistar agenda there, then. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.