Drowning kittens is not a good idea

13»

Comments

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    If we were to harness the levitation powers of cats and buttered toast into a bb, would this be higher or lower FCN than an electric bike? 120rpm would help nicely on the hills.

THAT'S Contandors secret! Buttered Toasty Cat Power
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • mossychops
    mossychops Posts: 262
    Attach socks by pegging them on its whiskers.
  • mossychops
    mossychops Posts: 262
    If we were to harness the levitation powers of cats and buttered toast into a bb, would this be higher or lower FCN than an electric bike? 120rpm would help nicely on the hills.

Dont be off-roading through water with a kitten in your BB - they might drown!
  • but the butter should stop it squeeking.
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,776
    Isn't a cat with a slice of buttered toast attached to it's back butter side up a perpetual motion machine if thrown out of a window?
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    No the toast and cat would counterbalance each other and the cat would land on its side - to produce a perpetual motion cat would require three pieces of toast - one on the back and one on each side. The addition of marmalade would of course increase the rate of spin but at the risk of marmalade fallout
  • Jay dubbleU
    Of course choice of marmalade is important - you could have someone's eye out with thick cut Oxford at high speed.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    No the toast and cat would counterbalance each other and the cat would land on its side - to produce a perpetual motion cat would require three pieces of toast - one on the back and one on each side. The addition of marmalade would have course increase the rate of spin but at the risk of marmalade fallout

I see no reason why the cat could not find a point of equilibrium between one of the pieces of toast. This seems like a substantial hole in your so-called 'hypothesis'.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Jay dubbleU
    DesWeller wrote:
    No the toast and cat would counterbalance each other and the cat would land on its side - to produce a perpetual motion cat would require three pieces of toast - one on the back and one on each side. The addition of marmalade would have course increase the rate of spin but at the risk of marmalade fallout

I see no reason why the cat could not find a point of equilibrium between one of the pieces of toast. This seems like a substantial hole in your so-called 'hypothesis'.

Yes indeed - it was Veronese's single slice hypothesis that I felt would not attain equilibrium - the problem of attaching the toast is of course solved at the subatomic level by gluons
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,776
    We'll have to search elsewhere for the solution to the worlds energy problems then.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    edited July 2011
    Veronese68 wrote:
    We'll have to search elsewhere for the solution to the worlds energy problems then.

not necessarily - if a negative charge was introduced into the toast then it would stick to the cat.

As we all know cations are pussitive.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    :?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • desweller
    Mind you I'm not sure how spinning a cat/kitten is going to help it avoid drowning, unless you're envisioning some sort of bouncing bomb scenario.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Kieran_Burns
    DesWeller wrote:
    Mind you I'm not sure how spinning a cat/kitten is going to help it avoid drowning, unless you're envisioning some sort of bouncing bomb scenario.

well... I guess if they skim across the water they'd be some sort of catamaran?
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Jay dubbleU
    DesWeller wrote:

B*gg*r - another keyboard ruined :wink:

Of course you could use the toast to stiffen them in which case they'd become catatonic
  • Kieran_Burns
    DesWeller wrote:

a catastrophe no less....
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X

• B*gg*r - another keyboard ruined :wink:

I suppose we could have a whip around to buy you a new one. Anyone want to stick anything in the kitty?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • desweller
    DesWeller wrote:

a catastrophe no less....

At least your jokes have picked up. Your first one left me feline a bit sick.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}