Drowning kittens is not a good idea

mossychops
mossychops Posts: 262
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
I don't think anyone should drown kittens. It's not very nice and is almost certainly illegal.

Comments

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    You're not really going for controversy here are you?
  • mossychops
    You wait, any minute now.............it's coming..........
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,776
    What about full grown cats. I've been tempted to several times with ours. Usually when clearing cat puke or picking cat hair out of my food. Useless animals, never wanted them anyway. The things I agree to for a quiet life.
    I'd much rather a dog, but it wasn't possible as we both work.
  • mossychops
    Does that count as a contradiction? I don't think so, but close. Surely soon someone will be along to full on argue that it's a good idea.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Why drown a kitten when you can
    1/ Often have got a charity to neuter your untended breeding machine before it had them
    2/ Give them to a charity that will look after and then rehome them.

Main charities are RSPCA and Cats protection, but there are litterly 100's more.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Drysuitdiver
    Drysuitdiver Posts: 474
    sticking em in bag and drivng over them with a steamroller would be better
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    mossychops wrote:
    Does that count as a contradiction? I don't think so, but close. Surely soon someone will be along to full on argue that it's a good idea.

Ah - now I understand - subtle, very subtle 8)
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    I agree with everyone on here and would not like this post t be taken as in any way argumentative
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Confusedboy
    Confusedboy Posts: 287
    spen666 wrote:
    I agree with everyone on here and would not like this post t be taken as in any way argumentative

yes you would.....
  • spen666
    spen666 wrote:

yes you would.....

Indeed I would and thank you for your valuable contribution

Twittering @spen_666
  • mossychops wrote:
    I don't think anyone should drown kittens. It's not very nice and is almost certainly illegal.

But what about the puppies?
    mossychops wrote:
    Some people will honestly argue anything. I reckon if I start a thread saying I dont like drowning puppies some of them will chip in and say it is actually a good idea.
  • Would compulsory buoyancy suits for kittens offer effective protection in the event of a drowning?
  • cje
    cje Posts: 148
    I once saw a drowning kitten go through a red light, so I've no sympathy for the little brutes.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    2 = 1

It does too!

a = b
    a^2 = ab (multiply both sides by a)
    a^2-b^2 = ab-b^2 (subtract b^2 from both sides)
    (a-b)(a+b) = (a-b)b (difference of 2 squares for the LHS, factorise for the RHS)
    a+b = b (lose the a-b from both sides)

but a = b
    therefore

b+b = b
    2 = 1
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • You'll be telling us next that:

0X0 = stock^3
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    2 = 1

It does too!

a = b
    (a-b)(a+b) = (a-b)b (difference of 2 squares for the LHS, factorise for the RHS)

but a = b
    therefore

b+b = b
    2 = 1

Er, if a = b then how can a + b = b unless they're both 0? And if they're both 0, then how can you divide by 0 (a-b) ?
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    notsoblue wrote:
    2 = 1

It does too!

a = b

but a = b
    therefore

b+b = b
    2 = 1

Er, if a = b then how can a + b = b unless they're both 0? And if they're both 0, then how can you divide by 0 (a-b) ?

some people will argue about anything.... :roll:

(my cunning plan has worked....)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Oh no they won't............
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • notsoblue wrote:
    2 = 1

It does too!

a = b

but a = b
    therefore

b+b = b
    2 = 1

some people will argue about anything.... :roll:

(my cunning plan has worked....)

It's the "losing" of the (a-b) which makes this invalid. As we already know (a - b ) = 0, therefore to divide both sides of the equation by this would be invalid.

*Wears a special hat*
  • Alinshearah
    Alinshearah Posts: 339
    I believe that Wiggle offer Kitten drowning as a free service
  • I've got a kitten called Fred, that is currently missing, presumed drowned. Is here a good place to post a question about his whereabouts? I was thinking about entitling it "so where's my Fred gone and why?"
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Is it a good idea? It used to be. We grew up with the fairly regular event of our dad having to drown the latest batch of kittens caused by the cat from the next farm across doing the deed with some cat that we didn't know about that [probably] lived in the barn. There's an optimum number of cats for any given occasion.

Anyway - watching him drown kittens never did me any harm. They're only small cats and never put up much of a struggle. It was ok in the 60s; nowadays they're anthropomorphised to the point where no-one dare do it any more.

There. Do I win the £5 yet?
  • noodles71
    noodles71 Posts: 153
    I've used them for target practice before. Managed to get 3 in one shot with the 12 gauge.
  • spen666
    I believe that Wiggle offer Kitten drowning as a free service

Is that because they have run out of Haribo sweets?

Twittering @spen_666
  • mossychops
    CiB wrote:
    Is it a good idea? It used to be. We grew up with the fairly regular event of our dad having to drown the latest batch of kittens caused by the cat from the next farm across doing the deed with some cat that we didn't know about that [probably] lived in the barn. There's an optimum number of cats for any given occasion.

Anyway - watching him drown kittens never did me any harm. They're only small cats and never put up much of a struggle. It was ok in the 60s; nowadays they're anthropomorphised to the point where no-one dare do it any more.

There. Do I win the £5 yet?

You most certainly do win. You have actually put forward an opposing opinion to not drowning kittens.

What shall we try for the next post? Smashing your nuts between 2 bricks makes your eyes water?
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    I'd just like to say in response to the OP "Oh yes it bl***y is!"
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    mossychops wrote:
    What shall we try for the next post? Smashing your nuts between 2 bricks makes your eyes water?
    That's a bit tame. How about we have a crack at Apartheid? I'd like to see someone make a case for that without looking like a complete goon.
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    noodles71 wrote:
    I've used them for target practice before. Managed to get 3 in one shot with the 12 gauge.

Out of interest do you use a clay trap to launch them into the air or let them make a run for it?
  • mossychops
    Surely someone will come up with the argument of "they were actually better off, at least they had jobs and law and order back then".

"All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us? "

*note the Monty Python quote seemed apt but I am not really likening Apartheid to the Romans..........Romans didn't even have buses*