Stage 14?

2»

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Im on a cycling forum, basically because im home alone tonight, so far ive sat on my arse with tour highlights in the background 3 times, what happened to Friday nights? actually, what happened to my life?
  • LeicesterLad
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Just seen the highllights from ITV4 - God Gary Imlach / Boulting & Co are creaming their pants at the thought of Contador getting beat....You would think the Shreckle Brothers were Pantani & Delgdo at this rate !!!

Its weird because usually ITV love the dopers, probably got a bee in their bonnet because Contador has not yet been denounced as a doper. Phil and Paul still like to throw armstrongs name about and have a mutual tug about it.
  • LeicesterLad
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Are LeoTURD shrek turning into the new U.S.Postal/Discovery/Rshack the team to hate ? :D

LeoTURD :lol:

I just hope the Schlecks never move to HTC, Omega, Garmin, Astana, Sky, BMC, Europcar, Katusha, Lampre, Liquigas, Movistar, Quickstep, Rabobank, Saxobank, Shack, Vaconsoliel, Any French and Belgian Team, Any other team that ride bikes.

Next Stop X Factor...they do already look like putrid arrogant adolescents who think that they are the pinnacle of evolution...I am sure that they will do well infront of some equally nauseating panel of f*ckwitts...

I think i prefer Jedward.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Im on a cycling forum, basically because im home alone tonight, so far ive sat on my ars* with tour highlights in the background 3 times, what happened to Friday nights? actually, what happened to my life?

Thats life L/Lad - when you get to a certain age. Disco's / Women / Beer is a thing of the past friday nights are for cycling forums or nearly every other night :D
  • LeicesterLad
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Im on a cycling forum, basically because im home alone tonight, so far ive sat on my ars* with tour highlights in the background 3 times, what happened to Friday nights? actually, what happened to my life?

Thats life L/Lad - when you get to a certain age. Disco's / Women / Beer is a thing of the past friday nights are for cycling forums or nearly every other night :D

Every other night? :shock: Part-timer.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

Part Timer your right - Staying in is safer when your from the Murder capital of Europe Glasgow :D
  • LeicesterLad
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

Part Timer your right - Staying in is safer when your from the Murder capital of Europe Glasgow :D

Forget the murder, i bet its that non-stop glasgow rain thats really keeping you indoors. :wink:
  • Gazzetta67
    Would you believe it's not rained since i got back from Lake Garda last friday - 7 days with no rain miracles do happen :D

Anyway come on somebody bar the chuckle brother's to win on the Plateau tomo
  • LeicesterLad
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Would you believe it's not rained since i got back from Lake Garda last friday - 7 days with no rain miracles do happen :D

Anyway come on somebody bar the chuckle brother's to win on the Plateau tomo

The sad thing is, nobody is here defending them, which means they must have better lives than me. :(

Ive got Bertie in the PTP but to be honest, its far to close to call tomorrow.
  • Gazzetta67
    Thinking we will see bertie in the alps next week - Can predict tomo with LeoTURD riding fast on the 2nd to last climb. Hope it's not a damp squib....maybe voeckler will attack 8)
  • skut
    skut Posts: 371
    Anyone else think the Schlecks are playing a dangerous game letting Frank do the attacking in the mountains and Andy Schleck sitting in. What will their tactics be if Frank gets the yellow jersey?

I can easily envisage a situation arising whereby they go into the final Time Trial with Frank 1st and Andy 2nd and both of them being overhauled by Evans and/or Contador.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    skut wrote:
    Anyone else think the Schlecks are playing a dangerous game letting Frank do the attacking in the mountains and Andy Schleck sitting in. What will their tactics be if Frank gets the yellow jersey?

I can easily envisage a situation arising whereby they go into the final Time Trial with Frank 1st and Andy 2nd and both of them being overhauled by Evans and/or Contador.

The last time Frank wore the yellow jersey (but with only a small lead) his team mate attacked on Alpe d'Huez and won the Tour. Something similar may happen.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    Omega will make it hard over the first climb, to try & put Cav in difficulty

Could be fun, watching Cav battling to avoid elimination would be more interesting than waiting for the GC guys to finally grow a pair and launch a real attack. If they do manage to drop Cav he will likely be joined by many more (too many to send home?) would he be docked points?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    deal wrote:
    Omega will make it hard over the first climb, to try & put Cav in difficulty

Could be fun, watching Cav battling to avoid elimination would be more interesting than waiting for the GC guys to finally grow a pair and launch a real attack. If they do manage to drop Cav he will likely be joined by many more (too many to send home?) would he be docked points?

Cavendish isn't THAT bad a climber. He gets dropped early because he's smart enough to go as little into his reserves as possible.

He'll be in the big bus with all the other flatlanders, probably being driven by Cancellara or Hushovd.

He won't struggle to get within the time limit. The decents today are particularly good places to gain some time if you have some balls too, which most people in the bus have. Fast but technical (as opposed to a bunch of hairpin bends), and the roads aren't too bad.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Where does this rubbish keep coming from, people talking about OPL getting Cav eliminated. It would be the most ridiclous tactic as all they'd do is get part of their team eliminated too (particularly Greipel). As Rick said, Cav is probably no worse a climber than most of the guys in the Autobus so unless he's ill or something then a lot of guys are going to get eliminated with him.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Seanos
    Seanos Posts: 301
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    It's either going to be Contador or the Shlecks to attack tomo - Evans is a follower and Basso has no speed to attack it's more of a try ride the guy of my wheel attack with him. Will be intersting to see how this guy from Omega Pharma goes too VanHire something ? 8)

Vanendert? He will need Van Hire if he wants a top 10 finish..............................Tumbleweed.

Quote for posterity :wink: