Wiggle let down yet another customer - dont use them

Gadaffi
Gadaffi Posts: 12
edited January 2012 in MTB general
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Needed a portable pressure washer for this weekend, Wiggle said they ship the same day if ordered before 2pm. I ordered 10.35am

I double checked and emailed them to make sure it will get sent out same day, they emailed me back and said it would be sent out the same day.

IT WASN'T

They only ship today, they day I needed it delivered. WANKERS

Trying to speak to them now, found a number 023 9237 0033 but this just loops on a "sorry I havent answered your call yet" so far 15 mins on hold.

I am so pissed off and vow never to use these tossers again.

DO NOT TRUST WIGGLE OR EXPECT THEM TO GIVE A TOSS ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE

that it

Comments

• Alinshearah
    Alinshearah Posts: 339
    I blame Wiggle.......... oh!!! so do you.
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    I've used Wiggle for years but I have never had a problem and always thought they had great customer service. Sorry about your issue though, are there no washing facilities where you're going? Take a bucket maybe.
    Many happy trails!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    So don't leave things to the last minute.

Your user name seems to fit your personality well.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Gadaffi wrote:
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I know the rebels made some serious gains and opened up a new front last week, but I'm sure you've got until at least Monday to wait for your package to arrive in Tripoli.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    edited July 2011
    Don't come on here slating Wiggle, Gadaffi. Even if they have lied to you and let you down badly, they only do good things didn't you know?
  • tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    I think I probably know what your response will be to this but sod it.

You did leave it a bit late didnt you? I mean not allowing any room for problems (that may be beyond their control) from Wiggle or the post office/courrier is a little silly on your part?

Im not trying to excuse what they've done (the should try to honour what they promise) but thats a pretty strong rant, considering it isnt exactly a life and death situation (or is it?). Calm down dear etc.
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • timpop
    You could just drink a lot of beer and p1ss on your bike :P
    Many happy trails!
  • SlowingDown
    SlowingDown Posts: 129
    Hey Gadaffi, you dont work for Ribble or CRC by any chance?
    ===============================
    Ribble Sportive Racing: FCN 2
    Tricross Sport: FCN 4
    Cannondale R600: FCN 3
    Scrapheap Rescued SS, in bits: FCN 9

Helmet wearer
    ===============================
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Yes they can be pretty frustrating, my only issues have been being sent the wrong item, then told the correct item is outt of stock, HOW? they didn't send me the one they said was in stock so they SHOULD still have one of the right ones in stock :roll:
    But they are by no way shape or form one of the bad guys out there, mark it up to experience and pick up a cheap pump up garden sprayer from wilkinsons to cover this trip.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • Gadaffi,

I've used Wiggle for years and buy most of my stuff from them, maybe they messed up this time but then again maybe the 'excellent' Royal Mail/Courier service could be late yet again! I think it's unfair to slate Wiggle when so many other customers are happy with the service (when not ordered at the last minute).
    Just use your tears to clean the bike : )
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    if anyone finds a dummy on the floor it belongs to Gadaffi

:roll:

stupid post
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Those bastards....

Well any supplier that lets anyone down once - well they're straight off my list.

Erm, I dont think I have any business left on the list now..

PS - I think you'll need more than a pressure washer to clear up the presidential compound ?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Those bastards....

Well any supplier that lets anyone down once - well they're straight off my list.

Erm, I dont think I have any business left on the list now..

PS - I think you'll need more than a pressure washer to clear up the presidential compound ?
  • GhallTN6
    GhallTN6 Posts: 505
    Next day to Libya is a bit much.. I would have paid for priority dispatch myself, it's always worth the extra couple of quid to avoid disappointment!
  • timpop
    Gadaffi... Just use your tears to clean the bike : )
    :lol:
    Many happy trails!
  • Never had a problem with them- my last order for Salomon Speedcross 2 GTX's was on Thursday the 30th June at 9pm, £3.99 delivery? No thanks I can wait....Delivered Saturday 1st July . Not bad from the south coast to the middle of bloody nowhere eh?

(Top service.....as I've had from Evans, Merlin,CRC, and latterly JEJames)
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    So, a new Member with a pointless and baseless rant because Wiggle "doesn't do Prima Donnas"

I've spent thousands of pounds with Wiggle, bought two bikes through them as well as countless accessories and spares. So what if the delivery is a day or two late?
    It doesn't give me the right to sign up to a reputable Forum and make a pointless rant because things aren't going my way.

Get over yourself...
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Be warned . . .
  • Never had a problem with Wiggle myself. The only small issue I had was when my Focus bike arrived without one of the 2 sets of brake lever adjustment spacers. I emailed them and they promised to source a pair from Shimano (or probably Madison I suppose). I never got them but by then I had adjusted to using the levers as they were so it was no longer an issue. I'm pretty confident I would have go them if I had chased up my enquiry though.

In short, one bad experience doesn't necessarily make the retailer rubbish.Maybe they made a mistake by dispatching the order late. Sometimes that happens, annoying as it may be. A shame if you were inconvenienced but hardly the end of the world.

Focus Cayo Expert (road)
    Giant ATX 970 (full susp)
    Trek Alpha 4300 (hardtail)
    Peugeot 525 Comp (road - turbo trainer duties)
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    edited July 2011
    If you want priority despatch you can pay £3.50, if you choose the free delivery options there are no guarantees, it is all spelled out on their site. Maybe you shouldn't be so tight if this was critical.
  • j4mesj4mes
    j4mesj4mes Posts: 138
    Never had a problem with them either. Always been great for customer service.
  • Can't fault them on their service personally, quick delivery, quick refunds, they handle things pretty well... Can't say the same for CRC at the moment though!
  • tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    So Gadaffi, it would seem that wiggle have many satisfied customers, could it be that they just hate you? Or could it be that when you rang up and emailed them you were being a c*ck (doesnt seem too unlikely from the tone of your post) so they decided to put your order to the back of the line, meaning it didnt get shipped that day?

Out of interest, had you paid for priority dispatch?
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • Albirdave
    Albirdave Posts: 21
    My last order i placed with Wiggle arrived in 2 days................to me here in Spain!

If i have to order stuff from local shops here in Spain i would be waiting much longer and paying much more (even with team discounts from sponsors).

So i will continue to use them along with many,many others around the world.

You ordered a portable pressure washer,not actually that important as say tyres,chains,etc,etc for a weekend race.

And its summer!!!!!!
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I hope this is trolling.
  • Darra8
    Darra8 Posts: 721
    Oh man, is he regretting that post now :lol:
    40 year old pussy who "still" hates the thought of falling off!!
  • 68b2c4ccc5cepalm.jpg.jpg

Oh... and its Gaddafi :wink:
  • Used Wiggle many times in the past and never had a problem. Sounds like Gaddafi has some issues. One late delivery doesn't make a bad company.

Perhaps if he planned ahead a bit better then we wouldn't have to put up with his immature rant.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Maybe your anti aircraft defences shot down the delivery plane. Happens to me all the time.
  • 45rpm
    45rpm Posts: 43
    what a tit, all angry about a portable jet washer arriving late!