Montonbike.com, placed polka dot jersey order

Ezy Rider
Ezy Rider Posts: 415
edited December 2012 in Road beginners
http://montonbike.com/product.php?action=3112

they are based in hong kong and do a lot of business on ebay. their jerseys are obviously replicas as the king of the mountains polka dot is costing me $30 delivered from hong kong. what i can see in the pics looks just fine to me and an email to the seller was very promptly and courteously answered. my wife is still getting me the prendas extiendos ,at a ball bouncing £60 genuine item , for my birthday in september and i think ill be very happy with my japanese replica :D

the seller has excellent feedback and a lot of satisfied customers. when i get back from my hols in august, im going to be going chinese this time and getting one of those carbonzone carbon frames. anybody ever used montonbike.com ?

ps, i know the spelt jersey.......jersry :lol:

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Oh dear, I'd better get some popcorn in............ :wink:
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Yay for buying fake stuff, and looking a fool. Better to buy real, and have a smaller wallet, than to buy fake and be laughed at.
  • le_boss
    le_boss Posts: 183
    Yay for buying fake stuff, and looking a fool. Better to buy real, and have a smaller wallet, than to buy fake and be laughed at.

first off, mountain monster you sound a complete moron! who cares what people wear! if someone is wearing a replica jersey does that make them less able on the bike?? some people (myself included) can not afford or dont see the point of paying the full, extortionate prices of the genuine jerseys, especially when your only ever i step away from a fall which would destroy the top.

anyway, this type of replica jersey has been discussed several times and the basic opinion is its hit and miss. some are delighted with the jersey/shorts, others not so. i guess its a gamble but if you do get a nice fit then its worth it!
  • Ezy Rider

shooter-mcgavin-picture.jpg
  • Ezy Rider
    le_boss wrote:

first off, mountain monster you sound a complete moron! who cares what people wear! if someone is wearing a replica jersey does that make them less able on the bike?? some people (myself included) can not afford or dont see the point of paying the full, extortionate prices of the genuine jerseys, especially when your only ever i step away from a fall which would destroy the top.

anyway, this type of replica jersey has been discussed several times and the basic opinion is its hit and miss. some are delighted with the jersey/shorts, others not so. i guess its a gamble but if you do get a nice fit then its worth it!

didnt you know that unless your bike cost at least £5000, you really shouldnt be allowed to ride.
  • MountainMonster
    le_boss wrote:

First off, le_boss, you sound a complete moron! A replica jersey is a replica, but these cheap jerseys from China are the fakes of fakes in my opinion. I see people buying them, just like fake watches, as trying to be something their not, but not really willing to put the effort in at all.

There is a difference between buying a replica jersey which is good quality, and paying for the cheapest one which isn't. My 2 cents worth at least.

Ezy_rider, that wasn't meant to be a dig at you per say, as everyone has their budget, but I just consider these cheap jerseys to be complete shiiiiite, and basically a poseur who isn't willing to pay for them. Nothing against you personally, it's against the jersey!
  • Ezy Rider
    le_boss wrote:

First off, le_boss, you sound a complete moron! A replica jersey is a replica, but these cheap jerseys from China are the fakes of fakes in my opinion. I see people buying them, just like fake watches, as trying to be something their not, but not really willing to put the effort in at all.

There is a difference between buying a replica jersey which is good quality, and paying for the cheapest one which isn't. My 2 cents worth at least.

Ezy_rider, that wasn't meant to be a dig at you per say, as everyone has their budget, but I just consider these cheap jerseys to be complete shiiiiite, and basically a poseur who isn't willing to pay for them. Nothing against you personally, it's against the jersey!

MM ,i turn 42 in september and my missus has promised me the bianchi extiendo polka i almost orgasmed over a few weeks back. im thinking of attached a huge arrow sign to it so other riders can read "this is the real deal suckahs !! " as i blaze past at 11mph. 8)
  • MountainMonster
    Ezy Rider wrote:
    le_boss wrote:

MM ,i turn 42 in september and my missus has promised me the bianchi extiendo polka i almost orgasmed over a few weeks back. im thinking of attached a huge arrow sign to it so other riders can read "this is the real deal suckahs !! " as i blaze past at 11mph. 8)

That would be epic, definitely post a picture up :D
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    dmclite wrote:
    Can I have some, this is getting good !!! DD will be along for some soon, too !
    :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • I hope you're good in the hills Ezy Rider....

nothing more amusing than seeing a polka dot jersey wrapped around the tubby frame of a guy while he is pushing his bike up a climb!

Not at all saying you are tubby by the way :wink:
  • Ezy Rider
    I hope you're good in the hills Ezy Rider....

nothing more amusing than seeing a polka dot jersey wrapped around the tubby frame of a guy while he is pushing his bike up a climb!

Not at all saying you are tubby by the way :wink:

im far from tubby olly , i aint no pantani when it comes to climbing but ive never had to push my bike up a hill. im buying polkas simply because i love the design, there isnt a hint of shooter mcgavinism in the purchases, i just think they look ace.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    A jersey is just a piece of lycra with a zip and some pockets and holes in the relevant places.

I fail to see how you can justify the ridiculous cost of some of the named brands. And yes I have Rapha tops too - bought in the sale - but I use my Ebay replica tops a lot more than I do the Sportwool Rapha ones.

I dont think anyone will believe that you're the real King of the Mountains anyway, so why pay for the real one ?

I'm not out to impress anyone with a top - I just buy what I like - I dont canvas the opinions of other riders and 'dress to impress'.
  • Ezy Rider
    agree with you 1000% cougie, but there will always be eagle eyed shooter mcgavins microscopically looking over your attire to see if they can laugh at you, its more than a bit sad. ill be just as happy in my japanese polka dot as i will in the real deal.
  • i've bought quite a bit of cycling apparel from both montonbike and cycjerseys, they are all linked to the same three factories just outside shanghai. for anyone wanting to buy this stuff buy direct and not through ebay, they use paypal which is safe to transact. the quality is excellent, i have both short sleeve summer kit and long sleeve autumn/spring kit and have now bought some theremal winter gear. I'm a big fella at 190cm and 130kg but as an ex rugby player you's expect that. i ride 3 times a week either on the road, on trail or on the rollers in garage and have had the montonbike kit for over a year and its still as good as the day i bought it. i hate the snobbery of how much it costs its about fit and comfort and all there kit is good quality but fits me! at my size i'm always going to look like a burst sausage in lycra! i only have had 1 issue with the wrong label size was fitted but a couple of emails and the item returnedc and replaced without issue. i've been paying $45 for a full replica kit (after discounts) and for that money you cant buy cinelli socks or rapha arm warmers!
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    rikmellors wrote:
    i've bought quite a bit of cycling apparel from both montonbike and cycjerseys, they are all linked to the same three factories just outside shanghai. for anyone wanting to buy this stuff buy direct and not through ebay, they use paypal which is safe to transact. the quality is excellent, i have both short sleeve summer kit and long sleeve autumn/spring kit and have now bought some theremal winter gear. I'm a big fella at 190cm and 130kg but as an ex rugby player you's expect that. i ride 3 times a week either on the road, on trail or on the rollers in garage and have had the montonbike kit for over a year and its still as good as the day i bought it. i hate the snobbery of how much it costs its about fit and comfort and all there kit is good quality but fits me! at my size i'm always going to look like a burst sausage in lycra! i only have had 1 issue with the wrong label size was fitted but a couple of emails and the item returnedc and replaced without issue. i've been paying $45 for a full replica kit (after discounts) and for that money you cant buy cinelli socks or rapha arm warmers!

Oh look a first poster with only positives to say.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    DavidJB wrote:
    rikmellors wrote:
    i've bought quite a bit of cycling apparel from both montonbike and cycjerseys, they are all linked to the same three factories just outside shanghai. for anyone wanting to buy this stuff buy direct and not through ebay, they use paypal which is safe to transact. the quality is excellent, i have both short sleeve summer kit and long sleeve autumn/spring kit and have now bought some theremal winter gear. I'm a big fella at 190cm and 130kg but as an ex rugby player you's expect that. i ride 3 times a week either on the road, on trail or on the rollers in garage and have had the montonbike kit for over a year and its still as good as the day i bought it. i hate the snobbery of how much it costs its about fit and comfort and all there kit is good quality but fits me! at my size i'm always going to look like a burst sausage in lycra! i only have had 1 issue with the wrong label size was fitted but a couple of emails and the item returnedc and replaced without issue. i've been paying $45 for a full replica kit (after discounts) and for that money you cant buy cinelli socks or rapha arm warmers!

Oh look a first poster with only positives to say.

You also have to admire the research that has gone into this first time post. Digs up a thread that ended 1 year and nearly 5 months ago to sing the praises of a company,

"linked to the same three factories just outside shanghai. for anyone wanting to buy this stuff buy direct and not through ebay, they use paypal which is safe to transact. the quality is excellent"

Well, there you have it.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    On first glance, I though Ezy_Rider had returned to these shores..... :)
  • tbh on some occasions the replicas are better quality that than the real deal.
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    Is it http://www.cycling-monton.com/ or montonbike.com ??
  • do they do decals?
  • As i explained it wasn't all positive as i had 1 set of kit that had to be returned as for all the other sarchastic comments, is it any wonder people will only post once? perhaps you should have a closer look at your replies and give people the benefit of the doubt before judging? my post is positive as i have had a positive experience. maybe i should slag my incompetant local bike shop off for the bunch of numpties that they are if that makes you feel better?
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Alright rik take it easy. Welcome to the forum and glad to see you haven't posted just the once. Now about your local bike shop, name and shame! :wink:
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    rikmellors wrote:
    As i explained it wasn't all positive as i had 1 set of kit that had to be returned as for all the other sarchastic comments, is it any wonder people will only post once? perhaps you should have a closer look at your replies and give people the benefit of the doubt before judging? my post is positive as i have had a positive experience. maybe i should slag my incompetant local bike shop off for the bunch of numpties that they are if that makes you feel better?

By all means...most bike shops are useless.
  • not the habit of naming and shaming but if they had a brother he would be called jesse!
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    dmclite wrote:

And how right you were. Along came MountainMonster to oblige within minutes.

Some fake gear is rubbish, some is made by exactly the same people as the originals but apparently there are people around who would judge someone based on how much he spent on his jersey.

Not all cyclists are that superficial fortunately.
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    rikmellors wrote:
    ... is it any wonder people will only post once?

No, it isn't. There are some very ill-mannered people on this forum but there are also a lot of very well-informed and helpful people. It's a great shame that the mods never usefully intervene but it's worth putting up with the occasional bit of uncalled for rudeness.

Welcome to the forum.

[Edit]
    There are also some rather inattentive people such as me. If I had realised quite how old this thread was I probably would have kept my thoughts to myself.
  • nolight
    nolight Posts: 261
    What is the greater crime? Getting fakes or getting polka dot jersey?
  • NewTTer
    NewTTer Posts: 463
    nolight wrote:
    What is the greater crime? Getting fakes or getting polka dot jersey?
    The greater crime is giving a toss about either
  • ok so ive looked at the kit on these sites and seen that they do replica helmets too. are these made to same spec or would using one of these be slightly suicidal?
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    What do you think?

Do you think the people that make fake kit and copy other peoples work will be investing in the R&D and production control to ensure their helmets meet the relevant standards around the world?
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...